Jack Monroe #4 Jumping Jack Flash, a TV show car crash!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread continuing on from;

How do I change the thread picture?! To at least remove mine!
I've no idea as apart from the jack threads most of the other threads I've seen all the pics when on the main page are of the last person who commented? at least that's how it looks to me 🤣 I've no idea how tattle works other than how to post comments 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I've no idea as apart from the jack threads most of the other threads I've seen all the pics when on the main page are of the last person who commented? at least that's how it looks to me 🤣 I've no idea how tattle works other than how to post comments 🤣🤣
That’s what I’ve been looking at, and reading all the guides to figure out how to change it. I feel like Jack herself with all these technology problems 😂

Ah well, you’re all stuck with Pink’s face. Apologies, this will be full anyway in 24hrs and was my first attempt at creating a thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ignore me i can see that is totally unture what I have just said 🤣🤣

That’s what I’ve been looking at, and reading all the guides to figure out how to change it. I feel like Jack herself with all these technology problems 😂

Ah well, you’re all stuck with Pink’s face. Apologies, this will be full anyway in 24hrs and was my first attempt at creating a thread!
I much prefer pinks face anyway lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Didn't see it mentioned on the last thread, but fairly sure I heard JM say she would be in the studio next week. Imagine the awkward 'banter' and body language when Matt has to put up with 45 minutes of the incessant gurning and squawking right next him. Could make it even more entertaining.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
So did she win a libel case against Katie Hopkins and get 24,000k? And moans about being so poor still? Selling her books etc and begs for money?

Reactions: 20
What on earth was Debra watching?

The gurning, giggling, unable to stand or sit still perpetually ill overactive child was a natural? I think not Debra. Maybe wipe your glasses next time you watch.
“Debra” looks a lot like Katie Hopkins in a wig. I can’t enlarge the photo but it sure looks like it to me

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s in the last thread so I can’t quote it but @working9-5 - if I eat cottage pie I will have a side of bread with butter and brown sauce and make a little cottage pie sandwich. Fully aware that sounds rank but it totally works!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
What on earth was Debra watching?

The gurning, giggling, unable to stand or sit still perpetually ill overactive child was a natural? I think not Debra. Maybe wipe your glasses next time you watch.
I’ve come to the conclusion that these people on Twitter are desperate for the interaction with a minor celebrity. They blow smoke up her arse in the hopes of a response. There’s lots of celebrities I like but I can’t imagine myself fawning over them on social media. Do they think Jack’s going to become their mate or something?

Reactions: 24
Thanks so much for setting up the new thread @BeautifulTrauma!

Someone commented on the last thread (think it might have been @Blurp?) that Jack has absolutely no concept of what normal working people might want to cook and what ingredients they might have to hand, and it got me thinking that this is precisely the problem!

Given that Jack is younger than me and has been in the public eye for what feels like an eternity, her timeline is essentially home with parents > well-paid fire service job > voluntarily leave said job > brief brush with poverty and alleged sex work > burgeoning "media"/ grifting career (approx 8 years, so since age 24).

I was thinking on this as I was making dinner (no washed beans or coconut milk in sight) and I thought I'd Google Allegra McEvedy (Jack's ex), and it turns out she's a private-school-educated doctor's daughter who part owns bloody Leon and net worth estimated in the tens of millions. Jack and her son lived with her for the years they were together, so she presumably had zero outgoings then, and now she lives off her TV exec partner. Maybe we can add "sugar baby" to her list of employment?

This is the real problem, I think. She's so DESPERATE to be seen as the victim that she can't resist talking about how maple syrup, or indeed basic seasoning, is "FANCY" but it just shows how madly out of touch she is. She hasn't been poor for nearly a decade. Things have changed in that time. I volunteer weekly at my local foodbank and I'm always struck by the increasingly dehumanising process of seeking welfare and the Kafka-esque nature of the system. Jack is lucky to not have experienced this: I'm not saying it doesn't have lasting traumatic effects to be poor, but she's long out of that hell and she really needs to start acknowledging it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I don’t know a lot about this woman but she’s thoroughly unlikeable. The arrogance of believing you’re on the same level as Jamie Oliver and then delivering...this, you’d be ashamed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I still don’t understand how she could claim to be so poor when she had her parents nearby as well as the father of her son. And, it’s been confirmed that she was spending money on those tattoos while at the same time claiming to be skint. Her son is ten now so this had been going on since after he was born.

Reactions: 11
It’s in the last thread so I can’t quote it but @working9-5 - if I eat cottage pie I will have a side of bread with butter and brown sauce and make a little cottage pie sandwich. Fully aware that sounds rank but it totally works!
That was one of my all time favourites when I used to eat meat ! I miss those cottage pie sandwiches.

Reactions: 1
I think she just likes to blame everyone else. Spent all her money on tatts, so couldn’t feed her kid. It’s the systems fault. Can’t hear her on TV, it’s the wife’s fault.

How is she scooping in these very rich, accomplished woman. She must be in their circles, so not mixing with poor people.

Reactions: 18
Love how her followers are telling her to get some sleep whilst tweeting past 1am. Ever the professional! “Come on jack, don’t duck this up anymore than you already have” 😂

Reactions: 14
Someone posted a tweet on the last thread where she was singing her own praises. Phrase that stuck out for me was "hit the ground running" errrmmmmm??! You think you hit the ground running Jack? Looks more like you tripped over a fancy lemon and went headfirst into a bowl of chicken porridge. Never before have I been unable to get past the first 3 minutes of a show because I'm cringing so hard from the awkward "presenter". Dear God.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.