Jack Monroe #387 Her insufferable narcissistic festival of tripe she keeps advertising

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I've moved a lot. And never felt the bizarre need to practise being in the new home whilst still being in the old one. Or put my child through this wierd nonsense. You move. You adjust. Don't make it into a bigger bleeping deal than it need be.
I could almost understand it if she hadn't moved much but she's, apparently, had more addresses than I have.

Reactions: 7
Jack Monroe - the woman who lived in a shoe 😏

she wants to portray herself in a weird af way, fine I’m rolling with it hard now

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Somehow I don't think she involved him in the decision to turn his bedroom into a hoarding pile and making him sleep in her bed as "practice for the future".

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I worked out that I've had 18 addresses (and only two in the last 8 years). I've never felt the need to do all this performative nonsense despite being evicted from a three bed, 2 reception room house and put up in a hostel.
Hope you're doing OK now. Evictions are horrible x

Reactions: 24
If there's one way to make sure your child doesn't want to stay with you, it's moving them into your bedroom while you take the sofa. Not even a sofa bed, I think? I can just imagine Jack and her crumbling bones playing the martyr with SB over this. "Oh don't worry about me, I'm sure the sofa will be fine". Now, I get why people do this through necessity, to give kids privacy and space of their own (been there myself) but she doesn't bloody need to do it at all, and her personality doesn't match with playing it down for the kid's sake.

If she's for real (I don't think she is) about going into a 1 bed, she runs the risk of him choosing not to visit her much anymore as he gets older.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
But why didn't she JUST LEAVE HIM IN HIS ROOM WITH HIS STUFF THAT IS THERE ALREADY?!
It's insane. It's the maddest thing she's ever done and this from a woman who recommended saving your own hair to use as firelighters

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
this is already the most stressful of house moves I've ever witnessed and I've been involved in some really stressful house moves! (one time, all our worldly possessions ended up in a container at tyne dock and the less said about the full week it took us to move into our current home, the better!)

she's playing. who on this gods green earth would ever trial living in a space they're not even going to live in for another six months and cut off access to all that vast space in their current home to their child and pets?? this is bleeping madness!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I don’t know if I’m just being a….normal human I guess? But if I was paying £1.5k a month for a beautiful home in a lovely part of town I’d be making the most of every room until I was no longer renting it? Surely?

Is she getting some of that yellow ‘Do not cross’ police tape from the Celebrity Police Squad to put across door frames so J can’t access them? The mind boggles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Jay Rayner has written one tweet about Bristol and he hasn’t mentioned Jack at all.
Seems a bit rude. You’d have thought he’d be gushing . He isn’t usually so coy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Karl's back. She's managed to answer him politely and not tell him to duck off this time. So that's nice.

But why didn't she JUST LEAVE HIM IN HIS ROOM WITH HIS STUFF THAT IS THERE ALREADY?!
I swear to god...
I have a teen, about a year or so older than SB. If I asked him which bits of wall art or knicknacks he'd like to cadge from around the house to furnish his room, he'd look at me like I had two heads. He has gaming stuff everywhere, posters from his favourite TV show, a scooter in the corner, bike helmets and footballs on top of the wardrobe...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m sure she said ‘her‘ bed was huge, bigger than a kingsize?
Nah still not big enough to make any 12 year old okay giving up their room for this arrangement. You'd have had to make it a whole padded cell to get me to do that 🤣

Reactions: 13
Whoever the very clever poster was that said it’s likely J or his Dad have said he doesn’t want to stay anymore/as much and this is Jack’s narc revenge I believe has it spot on. It’s the only way I can compute something like this happening. Either that or it isn’t real.

Ps. Where is his PlayStation and tv and anything other than random token objects?!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She isn't moving to a small 1 bedroom flat.
She isn't decluttering. She's moving things around.
She isn't preparing SB for anything other than yet another fairytale that will be acted out on twitter, with an obligatory tin rattle when everything (supposedly) goes to tit again.

Jack likes to think that she's a deep and complicated soul, but it's so easy to see through her nonsense.

Reactions: 54
I swear to god...
I have a teen, about a year or so older than SB. If I asked him which bits of wall art or knicknacks he'd like to cadge from around the house to furnish his room, he'd look at me like I had two heads. He has gaming stuff everywhere, posters from his favourite TV show, a scooter in the corner, bike helmets and footballs on top of the wardrobe...
It's completely bizarre, isn't it? I'm sat here thinking that if we had to downsize and I was losing my bedroom, as the parent, I'd leave my son's bedroom exactly as it was so he was least affected, had all his familiar things around him in his own space and crack on sorting my stuff out.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.