Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Observ@h

Oh…oh my god! Was Jack the one driving the infamous white fiat panda???
She recently mentioned pandas in a tweet having NEVER mentioned pandas before!!! Is she trying to get new paypigs from the tinfoil hat brigade?

• Haha
Reactions: 9

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
For me that was a painful read (not in a good way). And ill-informed at that. Contrary to what this piece states, she’s claimed to be working class on numerous occasions across the years. There are swathes of this piece that could be seized upon by Jack as a “gotcha” to any criticism of her (and not solely the compare and contrast with bad Jamie Oliver). And there are parts that are just nonsensical.

I am not coming from a position where I want or expect everything about her to be critical and get a thrill out of anything critical published. I thought that newer piece by Katie Roache (I’m making that name up I think-the one in past couple of days on the PDF download) was poorly written, inaccurate on even some basic facts and added nothing for eg. But particularly in the case of a press article or as here, academic research, I do expect it to be based upon rigorous (ie more accurate) research rather than, as here, cherry-picking to fit a predetermined academic thesis/argument. Some of this is so contorted to fit that thesis as to be nonsensical.

Also, and I say this as a former ‘academic’ with an actual Doctorate, but fuck me, academic writing can’t half be dry as fuck while being as overblown as fuck- a bit like the writing equivalent of a hoop skirt made of radiator orange peel on a rollercoaster on a particularly windy day.

PS I’m also irritated that it takes no issue with her Jeremy Kyle shite- almost lauds it as JM being clear she’s MC in fact
I agree. The Twitter blog was very poorly written. It just does nothing to show her for who she is. It wasn’t really necessary to write it and it looks a bit spiteful. Like a bandwagons been jumped on. It should be left to a decent journalist to write a story on her.

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
I was going to say, my suspicions are she’ll claim it was a due date or similar given the pregnancy loss talk earlier this year. But I am a maternity adjacent pregnant Frau 🔺 which probably gives my opinion bias.
Maybe, but dates would suggest pre Xmas conception which is BH (Before Harold) and only just after she claimed she was never going to look for lurve again. But you know, liars gotta lie. Could be anything!

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
She mines other people’s traumas all the time. I’ve definitely spotted film and book trauma tropes in her pseudoautobiographical ramblings. The Bell Jar, Prozac Nation, Wasted, The Wreckage, Girl Interrupted, Cuckoo’s Nest, Lost Weekend, Best Little Girl in the World, Days of Wine and Roses, Road to Wigan Pier and, bizarrely enough, The Little Princess are just some of the books and media she seems to have nicked plotlines and scenes from in her desperation to be the most Traumatised Fragile Smol Pix in the World.
And 28 Days starring Sandra Bullock, a bit of Pretty Woman too

Clarends

Chatty Member
Has twitter changed its algorithms?. I've been blocked for about 2 years but I can see her posts (she's up) but click on them they disappear

Reactions: 8