Jack Monroe #378 Where can I lodge a complaint about Jack Monroe?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why dilute the washing up liquid? Just squirt less into the bowl/sink, surely? No?
Exactly. I just cannot get my head around this. It gets diluted when you squirt it into the washing-up water, surely?

I feel like the journalist in Spinal Tap and Jack is Nigel Tufnel explaining to me how it “goes to 11”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Coming from the last thread:

Well, from observing it, after a Saturday night on it and adjacent substances, you usually get a Sunday teatime

OH MY GOD NOBODY LOVES ME, I'M GOING TO DIE ALONE EATEN BY MY CAT, I'LL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN BECAUSE MY EYES ARE BURST-zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But I was weird. On the one time I tried it, I thought 'what's the thing with this? I don't feel anything but a slightly clear and cold nostril?' and fucked off to bed, leaving the others cackling and generally being twats before starting arguments where one put an end to the night by having chest pains. Probably should have suspected something when I didn't really feel anything much but a bit calmer on other connected substances, whether dropping or not. So I never bothered doing them again.
I always just think of it as if you have ever played Mario Kart, if you select Toad he shouts 'I'M THE BEST!'

The colombian experience in a nutshell.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Can someone please insert that tweet with toiletries pricing. Because is she really trying to tell us her household, including a 12 yo and two adults, at least one of whom is menstruating regularly, is using 12 rolls of toilet paper in a month?

ok found it

View attachment 1535335

And only one bottle of diluted washing up liquid a month! With all the cooking that comes with her ~ profession ~?????
Sigh. I know they are only tiny lies in the grand scheme of things - but her 33p disinfectant. It was only a couple of weeks ago she said she went through two whole bottles of Zoflara when Content was ill. Cheapest I could find at Asda website was £1.99 per bottle.
And yet…
Sigh. I know they are only tiny lies in the grand scheme of things - but her 33p disinfectant. It was only a couple of weeks ago she said she went through two whole bottles of Zoflara when Content was ill. Cheapest I could find at Asda website was £1.99 per bottle.
and yet…

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
These threads move so quickly so not sure if it has been picked up.
Was she making a big deal this afternoon about calculating the cost of switching on. the washing machine, microwave, gas cooker etc?

Because a friend has just shared a post from a Thorpe Bay councillor timed this morning with all this info on. So maybe that’s where she got the idea.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
This is exhausting! And I am literally going online for about five mins every hour in between looking after kids/house and skimming what she's up to. How has she even got time to pee when she's tweeting so much? This is the most 'energetic' I've ever seen her on Twitter before across many a chaos. Oh to find the source of that energy...

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It gets diluted when you squirt it into the washing-up water
This is it! So just use less?! I don't get Jack logic. Last month she was saying she uses shampoo in her washing machine, now she's claiming making her own cleaning products with cheap staples.

Jack, be careful, you'll mix yourself up some ammonia and knock yourself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So no blue cheese and steak recipe today then?
Maybe there is a god!

All this chaos just makes me sad.Last big weekend of the summer holidays, the weather is lovely, why on earth doesn’t she take SB out for the day somewhere and why is no one making her put her phone down😳

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1535379
Can someone please post that Asda receipt again please? Because I’m going to FORENSICALLY cost all the perishable stuff that she’ll have to eat this week and won’t be able to “burgle”/roll over into next week. Want to calculate how much she has left to spend from her “rolling stock” to stay under 20 quid. Every time.
20220828_211125.jpg

Now duck off! X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Former squig reporting for duty! Been grunka-ing for weeks, even watched some DKL from the wiki. On the verge of going full frau many times... but today sealed it. A good friend came to box up her books that had been resting in my flat as she shifted accommodation. Now, I first heard of JM through this friend. My friend is a woke soft butch in her thirties who loves to cook and so naturally she fancies the Vivenne Westwood right off Jack. It even used to be a running joke between us that if she wasted food she'd never have a chance with Jack Monroe. Ah, those innocent times.

My soul has been burning with two questions: one, has my friend encountered the chaos? Been abroad this month so maybe not! Two, did she ever cook anything from either of the 2 cookbooks (Bad Food For Bad Days and Tin Can't Cook, since you're wondering) that I know she owns?

Since she was boxing up books today and even reminiscing about certain cookbooks, I was able to casually ask as BFFBD passed over her hand: Did you ever cook anything from a Jack Monroe book?

Actually no, she replied. I was unsurprised but then she continued... "I did cook loads of recipes from her blog and they were delicious."

Frauen und Herren, is this sheer lust speaking? Or are the blog recipes in some way less vile than the book ones?

And will my friend ever admit it to me if she encounters the chaos? I am certain she hasn't as of today - but it may happen.
I ❤ the idea of folk going ‘full Frau’ 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Too far behind to grunk so this is likely to land mid-chaos, but (and at risk of severe 🔺) I have walked past not-Old Harold’s Hat shop twice tonight and Fraus on the way back I swear I saw NOT OLD HAROLD 🤣
I was with the fam (bleurgh) so I had to surpress the giggle (& didn’t want to annoy a random middle-age bloke who we know ain’t Jack’s ex but I did have an internal massive grin)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
You could always just log off Jack. You don't *have* to tweet.

View attachment 1535364
I’d be so good at running your account Jack

it would be professional, no snark or pile ons

informative

accurate

signposting other writers and recipes I found that I liked

No PayPal in sight PAL

see Queen TD for inspiration of what you should have been doing last ten years

• Heart
Reactions: 72
There’s no bloody time for recaps Fraus let’s go
That has made me cry with laughter

You could always just log off Jack. You don't *have* to tweet.

View attachment 1535364
The thing is, if her work actually helped people and she genuinely had feedback to show this and she was busy helping and working behind the scenes then she wouldn’t give a tit what people were saying about her on Twitter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Regarding period products, last time Jack was asked about toiletries she said she'd switched to using a Mooncup (or other brand, can't remember which).
That’s fair, I do too. still find myself going through extra amount of loo rolls ~this time of the month~

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.