Jack Monroe #378 Where can I lodge a complaint about Jack Monroe?

Are you a new reader of the Jack Monroe threads?

• Yes, I've started reading in the last three days

Votes: 28 3.7%
  • Ish, I've been here since Awfully Molly's thread

Votes: 76 10.1%
  • No, I'm a BAM (Before Awfully Molly) Frau

Votes: 645 86.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of a squig, nominated by @Semi_literate_bot

Welcome to any new readers of the Jack Monroe threads, you join us in the middle of one of Jack's regular chaoses. We'd recommend you have a quick look at the Wiki (the pink button at the top) which will bring you up to speed on some of the in-jokes and shorthand.

Jack started the day asking whether you could install a gas cooker in place of a radiator, breadcrumbed an overnight guest, did some big maths about how much it costs to run a fridge freezer, demonstrated a total lack of knowledge about voltage, claimed to have been brought up in a tiny one-bed flat, claimed that Big Dave had to hitchhike to work as a fireman, took on Kirsty Strickland only after Kirsty publicly said she'd muted the thread and has generally been spewing random shite all over Twitter. I'm sure there's actually more, but those are my personal highlights from today.

Please use 'thread title' when nominating one and no swearing in them.

Mod addition:
When the threads are this busy, please resist from posting about how much you’ve had to grunk, how much you have left to grunk, that you’ve just been out and now have to catch up, that you’ve been at work, etc., etc. as it adds nothing and just creates more to catch up on. Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 149
Can someone please insert that tweet with toiletries pricing. Because is she really trying to tell us her household, including a 12 yo and two adults, at least one of whom is menstruating regularly, is using 12 rolls of toilet paper in a month?

ok found it

A6A58664-A7D2-48D8-A3C8-686590338FA8.jpeg

And only one bottle of diluted washing up liquid a month! With all the cooking that comes with her ~ profession ~?????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
If she has been spending £20 a week for 10 years on food and toiletries (just like patreon, she’s ignoring the pet food issue), then her outgoings she admits to are £10,400 for that 10 yr period.

Where has the money gone Jack?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
She is absolutely drowning on social media. No idea how to deal with the tide turning on people's perception of her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
I have nothing to add as I missed most of the last thread BUT I think what we are seeing today is a masterclass on how to look a complete idiot on SM - especially the Kirsty Strickland fiasco.... you would think some of her "celeb friends" would stage an intervention here but sadly they are nowhere to be found... odd that eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I think of all the people who enable Jack’s behaviour, the flying monkeys are the most repulsive. Inserting themselves in other people’s tweets on behalf of a woman in her 30s. Not only nauseatingly patronising but also just pathetic. I wouldn’t even start shouting at anyone who was debating with Mr B.
Eta even if they called him a head or something. I’ve called him far worse and we‘re both grown ups 🙄I’d be hugely pissed off if he started inserting himself in my Twitter debates.
ps sorry-brought over from the last thread as it closed while I was editing goddamn it!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Why does she need to dilute soap into hand soap and shower gel and not just….use the soap.
Your mistake here is to think about what a normal person would do 😂

Why use a bar of soap as intended when you can do some weird Dickensian cosplay of boiling soap DURING A bleeping ENERGY CRISIS 😡?

• Haha
Reactions: 98
Sorry to be a pain, roughly what page in the previous thread does the jack arguing with kirsty Strickland stuff start please.

Also, I'm sick of hearing about the asda just essentials stuff. It's all over my Facebook too. They've rebranded smart price, what's so special about it?

Also, I appreciate that Jack in NB (I think?) But I'm presuming she menstruates still due to the miscarriage bread crumbing so where are the period products included in her shop? For most people who menstruate, these are a monthly item that needs purchasing, no?

And where is the pet food?

Reactions: 43
Former squig reporting for duty! Been grunka-ing for weeks, even watched some DKL from the wiki. On the verge of going full frau many times... but today sealed it. A good friend came to box up her books that had been resting in my flat as she shifted accommodation. Now, I first heard of JM through this friend. My friend is a woke soft butch in her thirties who loves to cook and so naturally she fancies the Vivenne Westwood right off Jack. It even used to be a running joke between us that if she wasted food she'd never have a chance with Jack Monroe. Ah, those innocent times.

My soul has been burning with two questions: one, has my friend encountered the chaos? Been abroad this month so maybe not! Two, did she ever cook anything from either of the 2 cookbooks (Bad Food For Bad Days and Tin Can't Cook, since you're wondering) that I know she owns?

Since she was boxing up books today and even reminiscing about certain cookbooks, I was able to casually ask as BFFBD passed over her hand: Did you ever cook anything from a Jack Monroe book?

Actually no, she replied. I was unsurprised but then she continued... "I did cook loads of recipes from her blog and they were delicious."

Frauen und Herren, is this sheer lust speaking? Or are the blog recipes in some way less vile than the book ones?

And will my friend ever admit it to me if she encounters the chaos? I am certain she hasn't as of today - but it may happen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.