Jack Monroe #374 It's half past midnight and I'm weighing a single anchovy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grunking as and when because Iā€™ve got a literal binder of paperwork to read but this from the last thread
A2E2F2DE-D882-4C40-97EC-EE80A88B23E0.jpeg

Reminds me of this
BEDD2A1E-8807-4C09-A3BD-2EE5CEDA50DA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 90
View attachment 1529163
apologies to any fraus of a sensitive disposition.
The sauce smells really weird, and the meat smells like dog food.
Oh my. I used to have the stewed steak quite regularly, it always has bits of fatty gristle on it. The best part about it was the sauce so you didn't have to look too closely at what was underneath.

I bet it stank rinsing it.

You need a medal for your bravery, dear heart.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm not suffering through the part of the talk where she is droning on about her costings and cheap ingredients etc.

It reminds me a bit of when I am premenstrual and get stuck in a loop of hate cleaning my house (I have one!). I don't stop for food or drink and I go past the point of exhaustion until I am almost snivelling with self pity as I scrub. If I don't do it, who will and it is sooo important and must be done. There is a little bit of me that knows I am trapped in performative bollocks but the martyr is in control.

I reckon it's bit like that for Jack when she hits the supermarket and is drawn to the taste the difference luxury range. Who will rinse the hoops if not Jack?
You know what? This is what I get like when I'm not working my AA program properly. When I'm not doing the things I'm meant to be doing (meetings, talking to my sponsor, meditation) I get caught up in doing EVERYTHING ELSE BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE WILL DO IT.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thanks for loading the Edinburgh talk @Yel, really appreciate being able to peruse this forensically. Just watched the Welfare check/police/dodgy scales/white powder story - very odd indeed. What was the point of this weird, rambling anecdote, what did it have to do with her talk in general and just wtf generally. I'm baffled.

Really makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
This is exactly why she was there. She didn't deliver the book as scheduled.
It must be this. Why talk about with a limited run which isnā€™t going to get reprinted. Which book was it though, povs or tips? The one with the long wig for continuity as he hair is nowhere that long yet so still might be years away.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Why is she talking like she is in the house of lords?its twitter love, the mps are on their jollies. Wind yer nexk in.
I thought it was really interesting that during that talk yesterday she said the trolls want to 'unseat' her. Like, is she a budget bean blogger or some very important MP šŸ¤”

• Haha
Reactions: 48
She said at the beginning of the Anderson thing that she didnā€™t know if he would work ā€˜pro bonoā€ and, if he did, any money donated would be passed on to charity (TT possibly, I canā€™t recall). I think she was telling the truth then, she was certainly intending to sue Anderson that weekend, she was boasting continually that she would finally get her house.
i remember one poor squig saying she could donate it to charity and she bit their head off, she said it was finally time for something for her. It was a wild weekend and Iā€™m sure the receipts are here.
Itā€™s interesting reading the one posted earlier where she said she was going to a meeting then segued into lawyers and cases. The inference was she going to a meeting about Anderson but looking back she was actually going to AA.
I donā€™t think sheā€™s being honest when she says her lawyer is working ā€œpro bonoā€œ now. Heā€™d want to be sure that heā€™d win and that the plaintiff had cash to pay his fees. Neither things are at all clear.
I think she will do some digging on Warrens financial situation and he will likely get asked to shut up and bung her a few quid to make it all go (relatively) Cheaply away.
I think he was extremely foolish to make direct accusations. Itā€™s perfectly acceptable to ask questions but presenting speculation as fact is a dangerous road to go down.
TBH, I donā€™t like the personal attacks and I suspect I wonā€™t be alone.
One other thing thst Iā€™ve been wondering about, has Lozza said a word about any of this? I wonder if an informal agreement was reached there?
Sorry to go on.
As far as I can make out, JM didn't actually win KH's house or the value of a house at all. She was awarded 24k. KH had to sell the house to pay the 300,000 in costs. JM then said how sad she was, never wanted that to happen, just wanted an apology etc Nevertheless now crows about it and expects to win a house (again/this time).

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
A50E07CB-A34B-44D0-981B-14BCC650D26F.jpeg
Never let me do this again.
it is genuinely VILE.

Itā€™s so so so so sweet, itā€™s almost like syrup. Then the meat is dropping to bits and gristly.
I managed one spoonful then put some bread in the toaster.

Now duck off x

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 195
I don't know what makes me vomit in my own mouth more, her saying "I don't much care for it" "holibobs" or her vile slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Oh god I can't stop laughing and it's not even one particular post that's doing it, although I think Geety B's literal dog's dinner has tipped me over the edge.
I'm going to get sacked. Send alternative incomeos.
šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 69
*clears throat*

Telling people that theyā€™re going to die, whilst offering absolutely no solutions to their situation, is not activism.

Thankyou for coming to my TED talk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.