Jack Monroe #374 It's half past midnight and I'm weighing a single anchovy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello Tender ones.

We are currently recovering from the Self-Love Loving Jack gave us at the book festival. It was a lot.

Well done to @Justacatindisguise for winning the thread title competition. You get to ride with Jack on the way home. Sweet!

Jack gave her talk, and she lied again, she forgot what was in her book, and she may have been caught in a snow storm. Makes you think.

Newbies, please read the Wiki (Pink button above this post, hello!)

Please help with recaps because I'm EXHAUSTED. Chaosed out, pals.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
To the frau that asked about my user name, the thread closed as I was replying. I'm from Lancashire but have lived elsewhere for many years now. No morev info as she may 🔺 me lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
She has done it again hasnt she and brought one outfit for 3 days. I mean i am all for tavelling light but for a weekend trip i pack at three outfits and possibly a going out one( if the occassion needs it) she is rank! A shower does not take the smell out of stinky worn clothes.

Perhaps i am weird though i always pack an extra pair of pants and socks than i need incase we cant get home.even for my kids. Gives me ick itv does.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Jack expects everyone to follow the Alice Tinker ( Vicar of Dibley) philosophy when commenting on her, her life, her work etc…
heard in the episode Love and Marriage when Geraldine and Alice are looking at the infamous wedding dress.

Geraldine: Can I be brutally honest?
Alice: You can be as brutally honest as you want, as long as you don’t say anything that’s nasty or critical in any way.
Gerladine: Well, working within these parameters, I love this dress.

I notice Jack’s philosophy doesn’t exactly extend to herself.

Apologies for the gratuitous clip but had to be done, I guess

I only do JM threads. I lost a family member due to corporate manslaughter/ greed. I came across Jack appearing to appoint herself as some sort of expert, when even a small amount of background reading showed she had no formal training to be speaking in the way that she was. She appeared, to me, as almost enjoying the devastation, feeding on the tragedy. I put my feelings down to grief and told myself to stop being so ungracious and that any publicity meant greater awareness. I now understand that it is possible that she profited from people donating to her due to pretending to help a situation when she had no place or real expertise to do so ( her Dad being a fireman is not expertise by proxy) and I am very angry. She cluttered up social media trying to be the big ‘I am‘ when a person I loved died, many other people died and her ‘proxy emergency service expert act’ was deeply disrespectful/ misleading - I have huge feelings about this.

I ignored Jack for quite some time ( fairly easy as she isn’t that well known in this country) but earlier this year some UK colleagues wouldn’t shut up about her. I voiced concerns and started lurking here, feeling that perhaps I was being unfair, grumpy and as one colleague suggested ‘over sensitive’. Tattle made me realise that my anger and misgivings were justified. It takes all my self discipline not to call out my colleagues or at least set their browser tabs permanently to Tattle.

I am so impressed that in between the banter, good humour etc… are a collection of people who just simply want to stop the lies and exploitation. Too an extent I think many of us recognise that Jack probably has a serious psychiatric/ personality disorder. The acolytes enable her to do harm to herself, her child, her animals and faceless, nameless individuals who, in good faith, donate to her very expensive lifestyle. She also undermines every frontline emergency worker in the country but she is never called out for it, except on here. I also believe the media who use her as a face to fit their space are equally happy to besmirch Tattle because they are culpable for creating her and encouraging the ever growing BS.

I also don’t know of any other Internet forum where right wing, left wing, GC, trans supporting people etc etc co exist without ripping each other’s eyeballs out via rusty spoons ( or perhaps am too slow to notice?). Not to mention those who devote hours to archiving, comparing, checking, politely and kindly answering questions, sometimes the same questions repeatedly without a hint of snark, superiority or malice.

Jack could learn a lot about internet behaviour here, as could others. I want Jack stopped, I also want her to get help. But as one trainer at a work event I attended said ‘ If you have the Prince or Princess in your room, you can bet that the King and Queen are at home‘ Jack will have learned some, if not all, of her behaviours, grandiose saviour complex from somewhere imho. Sorry, shutting up now

You write beautifully my dear frau and your origin story really touched me. ❤❤❤❤ I do love this forum. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 76
- Jack wore Russell and Bromley loafers that were either left at her house / she walked home in after a photoshoot.

- Jack is allergic to stress, it will make her have an anaphylactic shock and she purposely doesn't carry epipens on her, so dun be meeeean ok.

- Apparently all her critics are part of a secret government/big energy conspiracy to bring her down and stop her vital work.

- VBI has 120 products in, including sardines. Might be ready by the end of the year and the ONS might do some graphs for her.

- Apparently lots of people need to rinse hoops.

- She was asked about pet food not being in the £20 shop in the only answer Kit took from the chat after reading it and having an oh tit moment . Jack said her cat eats better than she does and he eats the gold tin stuff except when he eats Tesco pouches and cats will eat any old thing, cat food is interchangeable. Dogs and dog food not mentioned.

- She's suing the internet for being mean. Again.

- Emma Kennedy is apparently now a Jack defender too.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

EDIT Oh and the welfare check the other week allegedly had two squad cars come round and she was weighing msg on tiny scales to make ketchup and they had a cuppa and thanked her for all she does or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 124
My recap is very short.

There's an abundance of MSG in Edinburgh and Tesco 'tweedy' blazers run about two sizes too small.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
- Jack wore Russell and Bromley loafers that were either left at her house / she walked home in after a photoshoot.

- Jack is allergic to stress, it will make her gave an anaphylactic shock and she purposely doesn't carry epipens on her, so dun be meeeean ok.

- Apparently all her critics are part of a secret government/big energy conspiracy to bring her down and stop her vital work.

- VBI has 120 products in, including sardines. Might be ready by the end of the year and the ONS might do some graphs for her.

- Apparently lots of people need to rinse hoops.

- She was asked about pet food not being in the £20 shop in the only answer Kit took from the chat after reading it and having an oh tit moment . Jack said her cat eats better than she does and he eats the gold tin stuff except when he eats Tesco pouches and cats will eat any old thing, cat food is interchangeable. Dogs and dog food not mentioned.

- She's suing the internet for being mean. Again.

- Emma Kennedy is apparently now a Jack defender too.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

@HansThatDoDishes you beauty. Chapeau! ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Dear Jack,

I’ve gone and got my forever home Tattle profile a lovely Tiffany Blue front door.
8CA5D689-B8A3-4C32-A031-DDD91E01B88D.jpeg

Please feel free to knock on the Vali door when you 🔺me using your Special Ops skills and come to sue me along with the rest of the internet. I mean, I won’t answer, but please feel free to knock.

Edit: I decided to decorating my three-trees.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
"It only Ketchup,Micheal "

Gently ,softly the intro too Cry little sister plays 🎶🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don't know why I thought that showing Mr Feck @Orphan_Black's Joker image would help in him in understanding why I find these threads so amusing. Fraus, he is not amused. He's still shaking his head as I type. And just for good measure I showed him the "boring old coke hag" tweet. Pals, send marriage counselos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
How does one recap the flat out crazy of the last thread? I feel like I'm living in Fear and Loathing. This is bat country, y'all. Or bat tit, it's interchangeable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.