Jack Monroe #364 I used to quite like Jack until I started paying attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I totally forgot when Jack said she’d been reading the coroners reports, and didn’t reply when she was roundly called out on her steamer of a lie. Wonder if it’s been pretzeled (my brand new term for a stealth delete of crappy behaviour).

And when she was talking about Grenfell as if she was a first responder. Having seen her fair share of fires. As a call handler.
Maybe she sat near the window during her call handler days.

I think my favourite bit of that terrible article was when she was waved through the cordon as if she was someone important. For my own sanity I had to find something funny in it because the rest of it was so sick and offensive.

• Angry
Reactions: 64
Where do you see someone's earnings on Patreon? I've had a look at Ralf and Will's page but don't see it - does that mean they've hidden it?
It should be just below the list of tiers - I've just checked theirs and not only have they hidden the monthly revenue, but also the number of subscribers. No wonder Lurchio's so defensive of Jack's shady practices.

By comparison, I've just checked a few of the podcasts I've subscribed to in the past:

Screenshot_20220816-162818_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-163226_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-163347_Chrome.jpg

Obviously the numbers of subscribers and tier values vary wildly, and the higher earning ones have entire teams of people involved, but this is what actual transparency from creators on the platform looks like. They all, without fail, provide weekly or twice-weekly content for their patrons, extra episodes, discounts on physical merch, etc. OK, you could say "It's just a couple of friends recording themselves talking about a subject they're interested in" but there's so much more that goes into it - research, scripting, editing, admin, etc. It genuinely is a full time job for some, and I don't begrudge them the money they get because they bloody well earn it. Jack just sits back watching people throw their money at her and doesn't even make the slightest effort to fulfil what she's promising, or even post a thank you message. The entitlement is off the scale.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
M - Marcus Rashford
O - Oliver, Jamie
L - Louisa Compton
L - Lawson, Nigella
Y - You, dear heart 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
It should be just below the list of tiers - I've just checked theirs and not only have they hidden the monthly revenue, but also the number of subscribers. No wonder Lurchio's so defensive of Jack's shady practices.

By comparison, I've just checked a few of the podcasts I've subscribed to in the past:

View attachment 1503502View attachment 1503503View attachment 1503504

Obviously the numbers of subscribers and tier values vary wildly, and the higher earning ones have entire teams of people involved, but this is what actual transparency from creators on the platform looks like. They all, without fail, provide weekly or twice-weekly content for their patrons, extra episodes, discounts on physical merch, etc. OK, you could say "It's just a couple of friends recording themselves talking about a subject they're interested in" but there's so much more that goes into it - research, scripting, editing, admin, etc. It genuinely is a full time job for some, and I don't begrudge them the money they get because they bloody well earn it. Jack just sits back watching people throw their money at her and doesn't even make the slightest effort to fulfil what she's promising, or even post a thank you message. The entitlement is off the scale.
Just stealing this graphic Ty dear heart to calculate their average blended per subs (ps) out of curiosity as this is something we’re forced to mither about by Jackie’s refusal to disclose her revenue. A per sub is calculated by revenue / subscribers, interestingly you can see these vary between £4.50-£7 odd ps below:

B0661395-C4E8-4526-8BD3-A9570B4F568E.jpeg

Jack’s minimum ps is £3.50, playing around with that assumption under the green side of the table and moving it up to £5ps she took home £3.1k last month, up to £10 ps she took home £6.2k last month. Pls remember the per subs are pre platform fees but revenue calcs are post 12% platform fee so isn’t apples and apples with the revenue figures above (not that this rly matters?). This is why her pleading poverty or the £1 subs story is ridiculous - not only do we only ever see the £7 & £12 subscribers speaking on Twitter or on the patreon page itself but look at her peers’ accounts - no one is averaging a £1ps fee as no one is using that ridiculously hard to find £1 checkout journey or incurring costs that render it a useless exercise. I cannot stress enough how that minimum we calc is hugely underestimating how much revenue she’s making, the fact she’s changed her tip jar to patreon tells you all you need to know.

6D869463-6E71-4895-B1A0-909329E01670.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Recipes from someone that hates food?

Politics from a person who invalidated their vote?

Economics from someone who is always skint?

Self help advice from a freaking lighthouse? Whatever next.....

Jack Monroe, pals. Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Just stealing this graphic Ty dear heart to calculate their average blended per subs (ps) out of curiosity as this is something we’re forced to mither about by Jackie’s refusal to disclose her revenue. A per sub is calculated by revenue / subscribers, interestingly you can see these vary between £4.50-£7 odd ps below:

View attachment 1503535

Jack’s minimum ps is £3.50, playing around with that assumption under the green side of the table and moving it up to £5ps she took home £3.1k last month, up to £10 ps she took home £6.2k last month. Pls remember the per subs are pre platform fees but revenue calcs are post 12% platform fee so isn’t apples and apples with the revenue figures above (not that this rly matters?). This is why her pleading poverty or the £1 subs story is ridiculous - not only do we only ever see the £7 & £12 subscribers speaking on Twitter or on the patreon page itself but look at her peers’ accounts - no one is averaging a £1ps fee as no one is using that ridiculously hard to find £1 checkout journey or incurring costs that render it a useless exercise. I cannot stress enough how that minimum we calc is hugely understanding how much revenue she’s making, the fact she’s changed her tip jar to patreon tells you all you need to know.

View attachment 1503538
This is amazing as ever, but would be interesting to see the August line, as doesn't she have over 800 paypigs now?? That will give her an even larger payday!

Reactions: 23
When you see it like that... £44 per month for the square root of duck all, not even a mini-Mars Bar in the post. Shameful and shameless.
What's more she has the gall to be dismissive of it. 'Doesn't even pay my rent and bills'. Ungrateful toad. Yet happily sends out free books and stuff when she is in a tight spot.
I don't think she can start doing anything with it now as to her it would look like an admission of guilt, and also that she is only doing to appease her detractors.
I don't get it. If I had anything I thought worth paying for I would love the discipline of writing something or doing something for my 'fans'. It could be such a lovely, enriching and fulfilling thing. Why does she have no pride?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This is amazing as ever, but would be interesting to see the August line, as doesn't she have over 800 paypigs now?? That will give her an even larger payday!
This is only updated for last payday, she’ll get paid end of this month and I can update it for the full month of August’s acquisitions/losses/estimated revenue. But yeah, imagine it’ll be another month with a net gain rather than any loss sadly.

Reactions: 34
Well someone just shared this clip on mumsnet. Competent, food isn’t disgusting, accent certainly not as rough as it is now. Able to involve presenters in what she is doing… what went wrong…

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Have we ever considered that her landlord may be her Dad?
No, he's not, we know that due to a friend of hers coming on and giving as lot of info about her and the so called crappy bungalow . It's a lady who rents out her mum's old house that she inherited. She lives very close by.

Reactions: 24
Yeah she could give the devoted squiggs very little and they would be deliriously happy. They clearly are incapable at looking at recipes elsewhere.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.