Jack Monroe #364 I used to quite like Jack until I started paying attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely dying that someone has done the VBI before her. How long till the paypigs start sending righteous tweets to NationalWorld asking them to credit Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 129
I’m not sure where this stands at the moment, but you’d think an anti-poverty, autistic advocate and campaigner would draw attention to this? You know, actually put your weight behind something that would genuinely help people? I don’t give a toss that it’s a Tory going for this - she’s actually in a position to do something.

Or does smol pixie just get off on co-opting my disability as a fun and quirky personality trait?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 42
catching up after a few days off… Arghhhhh! Her supporters are so utterly ridiculous, and again it’s offensive how little they know about being poor, to the point where any old poverty-sounding phrases are seen as plausible.

the pawn shop thing has been prickling away in my mind for a couple of weeks, but the rings has solidified the issue; pawn shops are not necessarily part of being poor. shes gone for the dramatic sounding, Dickensian thing. Ebay exists. People pay good money on there. Jewellery dealers exist.
a pawn shop implies she will buy it back. But there’s also another factor here; as an advocate for living on a shoestring, Monroe’s USP if she has one is doing so relatively successfully. The chaos of her life suggests she isnt able to do it anywhere near as well as 90% of working class people in poverty.
My speculation is that trips to pawn shops to get quick easy cash suggests a craving or dependence. Incidentally cash converter type places are used by gambling addicts and people who need drugs
The bit about cash converters made me laugh as I was looking in the window of a local one and there were 2 tiny, around 3x1 inch, Nokia phones in the window, mentioned them to my nurse friend who said they are often used in prison as they can be inserted where they can’t be seen, at this point I decided I would never buy a used tiny Nokia phone.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Space squig mystery box.
I fantasise that’s a sock just there to wind everyone up, like Uncle Bryn and Jason’s fishing trip 😆

Smol robot whatever
Space Open NOW box
Kettle?
Every item worth more than tuppence, a personal gift
Contents of muddy puddles within a 50 mile radius

• Haha
Reactions: 23
…still thinking aloud - there’s something else happening here though, something deeply weird. She must know that posting a pic of three diamond rings and talking about getting money for them would be jumped on. She’s reminding me of a couple of students at schools I’ve worked at - and actually one from my secondary school - who would sometimes deliberately put a target on their own back for bullying, as they seemed to crave any sort of attention, but lacked the social skills to get it through wit/charm.
she‘s - as is predictable - getting nice comments from her flying monkeys, but I strongly suspect she did it specifically so she could get negative attention.
when I first caught up with all this after Molly’s first thread, I wondered how things would play out, and the escalation is quite something to see, and quite sad in what it says about her state of mind. It’s the fact that she’s presenting herself as 100% right that’s most interesting. Most other people in the same situation would do something like this:

“Well, after writing that blog and receiving lots of support as well as lots of predictable trolling, on reflection I do have to recognise that amongst the criticism there are some people who have rightly drawn attention to some missteps.
I do have an income from Patreon, and some of the questions arising from that do deserve to be answered, and some criticisms and points addressed.
1: it’s been pointed out that rewards haven’t been delivered. I believe most of my patreons are happy knowing that they’re funding me to work on projects that otherwise wouldn’t be funded, however, I will redesign my tiers and make it clear that I won’t be offering specific rewards or content, but I will explain what projects the patreon enables me to do, and I will be accountable to my patreons to realise these projects, on time.
2: It’s been pointed out that my PayPal accepts contributions as well as me having a Patreon. I agree that this leaves room for misconceptions about my finances, and so I won’t be accepting PayPal tips any more - if you’d like to support me, please do so via Patreon.
3: I will make my Patreon income viewable. You can then freely decide for yourself whether I’m providing value for money in what I do.”

To not do that, to instead double down and brazen it out, and even escalate, suggests that she’s not in control of her own behaviour.
I agree with this, in terms of transparency, honesty and recognition of how tone deaf she has been in some of her posts, however she isn’t actually working on any deliverable projects. She tried to outsource the VBI, but it was an aimless project created by someone who likes to be seen to be doing something rather than physically doing something, so it failed to get off the ground. Aside from this, Jack’s main objective is shouting on Twitter and people view this in itself as activism which it isn’t. If she used your post as a template it would be contributing to the complete dishonesty!

Reactions: 41
Absolutely dying that someone has done the VBI before her. How long till the paypigs start sending righteous tweets to NationalWorld asking them to credit Jack?
This keeps making me laugh. They just drop it with no fanfare when she’s been working on it for months with soooo much whinging

bet todays silence will be due to important work relating to inflation

• Haha
Reactions: 49
[. QUOTE]
as mentioned before i enjoy listening to podcasts in the evening time whilst i clean the house that is deatroyed by my children, normallly its true crime but more recently its celebs who have died due to addiction. I have came to learn that even though she is not currently actively addicted to anything she still acts like one. The paranoia, the lies, the refusal to answer peoples questions
[/QUOTE]

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I’ve decided that The Dordrecht Mystery will be title of my next novel.

Can’t write for toffee but that hasn’t stopped many from getting books published. Please send inspirationos and large advance-os. Thank(space)you.
That sounds like a Nancy Drew novel.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’m not sure where this stands at the moment, but you’d think an anti-poverty, autistic advocate and campaigner would draw attention to this? You know, actually put your weight behind something that would genuinely help people? I don’t give a toss that it’s a Tory going for this - she’s actually in a position to do something.

Or does smol pixie just get off on co-opting my disability as a fun and quirky personality trait?
Oh yes, this is an excellent idea and I hope other lifelong conditions will be added.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
…still thinking aloud - there’s something else happening here though, something deeply weird. She must know that posting a pic of three diamond rings and talking about getting money for them would be jumped on. She’s reminding me of a couple of students at schools I’ve worked at - and actually one from my secondary school - who would sometimes deliberately put a target on their own back for bullying, as they seemed to crave any sort of attention, but lacked the social skills to get it through wit/charm.
she‘s - as is predictable - getting nice comments from her flying monkeys, but I strongly suspect she did it specifically so she could get negative attention.
when I first caught up with all this after Molly’s first thread, I wondered how things would play out, and the escalation is quite something to see, and quite sad in what it says about her state of mind. It’s the fact that she’s presenting herself as 100% right that’s most interesting. Most other people in the same situation would do something like this:

“Well, after writing that blog and receiving lots of support as well as lots of predictable trolling, on reflection I do have to recognise that amongst the criticism there are some people who have rightly drawn attention to some missteps.
I do have an income from Patreon, and some of the questions arising from that do deserve to be answered, and some criticisms and points addressed.
1: it’s been pointed out that rewards haven’t been delivered. I believe most of my patreons are happy knowing that they’re funding me to work on projects that otherwise wouldn’t be funded, however, I will redesign my tiers and make it clear that I won’t be offering specific rewards or content, but I will explain what projects the patreon enables me to do, and I will be accountable to my patreons to realise these projects, on time.
2: It’s been pointed out that my PayPal accepts contributions as well as me having a Patreon. I agree that this leaves room for misconceptions about my finances, and so I won’t be accepting PayPal tips any more - if you’d like to support me, please do so via Patreon.
3: I will make my Patreon income viewable. You can then freely decide for yourself whether I’m providing value for money in what I do.”

To not do that, to instead double down and brazen it out, and even escalate, suggests that she’s not in control of her own behaviour.
Jack needs to contract her social media out to you 💋

They're so going to do this. And Jack will claim she's helped behind the scenes.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
You’d think Jack would have her finger on the pulse and be letting toothpaste man and all the political prisoners in her DM’s about the new Iceland initiative that’s launched today. Especially as she’s the owners best mate.

Then again, unless Jack was cutting the ribbon on the scheme being launched she wouldn’t even put it at the bottom of a tweet.

B2D1EBC9-AEA6-4C32-A690-BB1EB8F16F19.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
You’d think Jack would have her finger on the pulse and be letting toothpaste man and all the political prisoners in her DM’s about the new Iceland initiative that’s launched today. Especially as she’s the owners best mate.

Then again, unless Jack was cutting the ribbon on the scheme being launched she wouldn’t even put it at the bottom of a tweet.

View attachment 1503083
This is bloody heartbreaking. People shouldn't have to take out loans to feed themselves and their families.

If Jack had moved out of the way and gave up her soapbox to someone who could have helped more, would we be here? She has stood in the way of any real change with her morbid stories and accidental Tory shills. This is the problem with Jack. She's helped make the problem worse.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.