Jack Monroe #364 I used to quite like Jack until I started paying attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read the story about the original Emin she has hanging over her BOG and I’m beyond ragey about it.

She’s CLUELESS. My parents sold my stereo when I was a teenager and things got bad. We didn’t have a fridge for a YEAR, we used to put bacon and milk in the yard to stay cold.

We didn’t have a fecking EMIN and multiple diamond rings and bleeping giant houses and designer dogs and tv appearances and book deals and we didn’t know anyone that knew Jerry Fecking hall. Actual working class person here and I didn’t know a SINGLE professional person on a friendly basis who was able to sign my first passport. Never mind Jerry Hall and the head of channel 4 news etc etc et fecking CETERA

This post just perfectly sums up my rage towards her. It’s not always about actual money but she’s had so many opportunities that she doesn’t realise how privileged she is and is so angry at everyone else because she feels so hard done by grates my mushrooms more than anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
It is the 'etc.' in her current bio which looks off to me. Starts listing the jobs she had before she got media attention and then sticks in 'etc'. Cleaner, waitress, etc. If your former jobs aren't worth mentioning then don't mention them. She may as well say 'I want to establish my working class credentials but can't be bothered listing all those boring jobs'. Claiming that her current occupations are accidental is annoying as well. How lackadaisical is an accidental campaigner? Here's another accidental book.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
340E2332-DF8C-4583-A2AF-7AA492AD5C7F.jpeg

Snigger.

@Cucumberthunder thanks for that, just had to explain to Mr Moneypenny why I was 🦉&🍾 . I suspect as she gets more out of control, partners and children of canal members will have involuntary laughter punctuating/ invading their households, like a strange mirth filled Mexican wave.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
It is the 'etc.' in her current bio which looks off to me. Starts listing the jobs she had before she got media attention and then sticks in 'etc'. Cleaner, waitress, etc. If your former jobs aren't worth mentioning then don't mention them. She may as well say 'I want to establish my working class credentials but can't be bothered listing all those boring jobs'. Claiming that her current occupations are accidental is annoying as well. How lackadaisical is an accidental campaigner? Here's another accidental book.
You’ve just put me in mind of “writer, author, (SNIFF AND NOSE WIPE) ‘Coke’ ❄ Book author, activist, campaigner and Accidental. Conqueror. Of. My. Worst. Fears” Jack.

“Hiya! It’s me, Jack Monroe”

E22EC6DE-ABD2-42E3-93F4-DB7BEDF3F77B.gif

(One for ninnies of a certain age, there)

• Haha
Reactions: 69
That is just trolling.
Agreed, trolling plus wrong, I think Ash is very smart and witty even though I vehemently disagree with almost every single one of her political opinions I still like to read them and she owns her tit, unlike our Jackie who just deletes and gaslights.

Before she was a political activist Ash was a poet and you can still find some of her stuff online. I think it’s lovely and really moving unlike the embarrassing Monroe Doggerel.

I do feel some sympathy for Jack growing up with birthmarks. I grew up in a time and place where having a single mother was looked down on a bit and I remember how “different” and “less than” it made me feel. That plus being an immigrant made me feel different.That kind of stuff at a very young age can really become engrained imho. It doesn’t excuse her behaviour now, and she clearly sees herself as a bit of a hottie now with all the thirsty pics so, fair play. I’m very much not a hottie but if you’ve got it flaunt it to my mind. Just, don’t facetune andskinny bait and don’t use your possible engrained inferiority complexes to big yourself up, get boastful and bully people on Twitter. So if you could work on that bit next Jack that’s be fab.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I’ve just read the story about the original Emin she has hanging over her BOG and I’m beyond ragey about it.

She’s CLUELESS. My parents sold my stereo when I was a teenager and things got bad. We didn’t have a fridge for a YEAR, we used to put bacon and milk in the yard to stay cold.

We didn’t have a fecking EMIN and multiple diamond rings and bleeping giant houses and designer dogs and tv appearances and book deals and we didn’t know anyone that knew Jerry Fecking hall. Actual working class person here and I didn’t know a SINGLE professional person on a friendly basis who was able to sign my first passport. Never mind Jerry Hall and the head of channel 4 news etc etc et fecking CETERA
Also if it wasn’t yours you would take extra care of it, not hang it in the bog🙄 perfect atmospheric conditions for artwork

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Agreed, trolling plus wrong, I think Ash is very smart and witty even though I vehemently disagree with almost every single one of her political opinions I still like to read them and she owns her tit, unlike our Jackie who just deletes and gaslights.

Before she was a political activist Ash was a poet and you can still find some of her stuff online. I think it’s lovely and really moving unlike the embarrassing Monroe Doggerel.
Apologies, I know nothing about Ash or who she is/what she's done, I was just tickled by the Squigg implying JM is one of the most stupid people in the country.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
There was a BBC doc I watched recently, Jobfished, a Stacey Dooley type investigated how this fake company duped a bunch of people to work for them. I was half tempted to email her to get her to pull Jack's lies apart.

(I didn't, I forgot her name before the credits even finished, too lazy, y'all.)
I saw that madbird, ripped off other companies portfolios, got hundreds of people to work for them and didn’t pay. The photos of the top tier were stolen from the web, the people didn’t exist. I'm sure google (or the bbc website) is your friend

Reactions: 22
Oooh jealous of your separate shower. I haven't had an uninterrupted shower without a kiddo coming in to use the loo (and have a chat!) for years now. We do have a completely separate toilet in the house but the fact that there is a loo in the bathroom somehow legitimizes the interruption.
Sod that!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh Vali-D this is a delight! Please may I draw it?
I mean, you absolutely can, but I can’t help thinking that any attempted summarizing of thread recaps or threads themselves in pictorial form at the moment is going to end up resembling a terrifyingly odd fever dream.

I picture it looking something along the lines of the frankly disturbing gigantic artworks at the baggage carousels in Denver airport
A21DB191-571D-439D-B025-A32D87D4C29F.jpeg
9A1E91AE-7C75-4BAD-B007-B0ACC163C239.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I had a massive rant at this news piece last night about how to save money on your groceries. It boiled down to buying seasonal fruit and veg, and using frozen and tinned goods. Surely to goodness that's just common sense? Like Jack whining about having to put a jumper on in her own home - don't most people try that before putting the heating on?

Jack and her ilk turn the whole thing into something very like a fetish, as others have said. Her language is always very disturbing around it too. You can feel her delight in trying to write the most unpleasant things possible.
Scaremongering is her game, when she realised how she could rinse people during the pandemic

1f637.png

she was over the moon

• Heart
Reactions: 27
For some reason I have this in my head

(in the style of troy mcure from simpsons)

'hi I'm jack Monroe. You might remember me from such recipes as rinse your hoops, or slop your pasta..'

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Oh god I’m not good at grunking, I wake up early because I’m meant to be at work but I’m on AL (wtf?) this week. The heat has meant every time I try to grunk I fall asleep, not because you fraus are boring, but because it comforts me that you are a good canal. Also because My Coopsy (🔺 looks a bit like Coops) annoys me every bloody hour wanting water or dreamies or scritches. Such a tired Frau! I am initiating My Coopsy (I grunked yesterday to catch up with the Harold tea, bloody hell) into the canal so he can type on my behalf. Also, behold, a poem:
I also grunk myself to sleep (oooh Matron) and live in constant fear that I’ll accidentally type something in the text box whilst I’m drifting off with my phone in my hand and wake up with a J1g esque chaos on my (clean) hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I mean, she absolutely would, if she could in fact swim. Which she can’t. All her evil parents’ fault though.

Warning, kind of upsetting.

She’s so disgusting.

Still her parents’ fault she can’t swim though cos she missed lessons at school, despite the fact she’s had 18 years since school in which she could have learned.

Here’s an idea Jack, spend some of that Patreon cash on swimming lessons rather than getting tit injected into your face so that every time you open your mouth on TV it looks like the entrance to Gollum’s cave

ETA
See she heeding the stay out of the sun advice, in her hammock🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.