Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So what's that woke prat even whinging about then?
Just want to say I would never call her, or anyone else a “woke prat”. And being upset about someone using your gender or trans status against you doesn’t make you a “woke prat” either.

She has identified as she and her for a while and also never transitioned so is not transgender, but she does try to use these labels to get to unobservant to side with her and it’s deplorable.

PSA for newbies that Jack wants people to think this Tattle thread is full of bigoted right wingers and it never has been, and hopefully never will be.She uses it as an excuses to detract attention from the real issues. So coming on here and saying things like that helps her to take advantage of more people. It also can really offend the many lefties and centric lefties, that inhabit the thread

Reactions: 112
Never mind taking a pop at her ex, the most obvious posh chef is Nigella. Jack hasn’t thought this through.

Reactions: 71
Do we know if Jack has addressed any of Molly's tweets directly?

I think this might be important because it seems to me that when she thinks she has the upper hand, Jack will go after someone directly. If she hasn't it could mean one of two things:

1) She knows Molly's right and she's worried about what is coming next
2) Her lawyer has advised Jack not to because he knows she doesn't have a case against Molly

Reactions: 63
No, not having that. If you look through that person's twitter feed then "woke prat" sums him up perfectly. If you think that makes me "right wing" or a "bigot" then that's your problem. Not mine.

Reactions: 24
Absolutely this

Reactions: 14
Hear hear

Reactions: 37
Never mind taking a pop at her ex, the most obvious posh chef is Nigella. Jack hasn’t thought this through.
This is where definitions are important I think. Nigella would describe herself as a cook or food writer. As would Nigel, who has a whole shelf dedicated to his books in our house (split between him and THAT MAN anyway). Jack is a slop merchant!

Reactions: 28
No, not having that. If you look through that person's twitter feed then "woke prat" sums him up perfectly. If you think that makes me "right wing" or a "bigot" then that's your problem. Not mine.
Well that would make it my problem as well.

Reactions: 24
I forgot about Nigella. But I think this is the exception not the rule. Nigella also isn't known for her restaurant cookery which was my theme - proper working up from nothing to owning or running your own restaurant is the definition of graft.

One of my favourite episodes of Nigella is when she goes to run an errand and takes a thermos in a taxi with her - there is me thinking a cup of tea and how savvy to save a couple of quid - and she had taken a thermos of pea soup as a snack as she ran her errand, ate it in the back of the taxi, then went home to a full dinner party. Absolutely classic.

The phrase 'biting the hand' springs to mind......?!

Reactions: 36
Tom kerridge was a child actor?????

Reactions: 23
BIB Loving this and stealing it.
(Malcolm Tucker style in my Geordie) “I‘m away to take me face for a shite”

Reactions: 22
I much prefer the influencers/food bloggers who do blogs/videos like "this is how I made 5 dinners with £25 worth of food from [supermarket]". On the recommendation of a frau on this thread, I bought Feed Your Family for £20 a week and I regularly use recipes from it

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.