Jack Monroe #360 She presents the poor as a passive mass and she’s their saviour

How many daily recipes will Jack post?

Votes: 208 48.1%

Votes: 76 17.6%

Votes: 63 14.6%

Votes: 27 6.3%

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • 6-9

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • 10-15

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 16-20

• 21-30

• 30+

Votes: 33 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

Another day another thread. Well done on the @HotesTilaire for nominating @WaffleKent 's thread title.

For all newbies, please see our Wiki for FaQ's.

And with that, let the chaos continue!

(Please help with the recaps because I am EXHAUSTED!)

• Heart
Reactions: 82
WELL. That last thread was a riiiiiideeee.

There was an Energy Jack Chaos where she gave some appallingly bad financial advice regarding payment of energy bills, so as well as ruining squigs health she’s adamant on doing the same to their finances.
AND we had some AMAZING tea from Jay-Cloth Crow (currently QueenKing Frau) whose work friend knows Old Harold! He exists! He works in the City! He scarpered because Jack is a chaotic little goblin and now she is harrassing him mercilessly. Quelle Surprise!

last thread here:https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-359-hoops-i-did-it-again.32498/

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 105
Energy Jack was draining me emotionally, to go from that to delicious tea and then slop?! Pure bliss.
That macaroni thing looks like it’s covered in rat tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
WELL. That last thread was a riiiiiideeee.

There was an Energy Jack Chaos where she gave some appallingly bad financial advice regarding payment of energy bills, so as well as ruining squigs health she’s adamant on doing the same to their finances.
AND we had some AMAZING tea from Jay-Cloth Crow (currently QueenKing Frau) whose work friend knows Old Harold! He exists! He works in the City! He scarpered because Jack is a chaotic little goblin and now she is harrassing him mercilessly. Quelle Surprise!

last thread here:https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-359-hoops-i-did-it-again.32498/
.. And it ended with the world's biggest Liverpool fan outing herself as a Sun reader!

(Also we chaosed ourselves and went to 58 pages thus threatening the wrath of the Tattle gods)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
She's also proclaimed to rejig her old recipes into 15 minute, one pan meals. She hopes to post one a day on her (broken) blog.

She said in January she was going to do three recipes a week, and didn't manage that. So who knows with this one?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Is it too late to add a poll so we can guess how many days she’ll keep up the daily recipes?

I reckon there will be no more but I guess I could try to be optimistic and guess one or two.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Her definition of "one pot meal" is odd to me. I think of a one pot meal as something that you put together and let simmer or bake, not something you cook in stages and then bring together at the end.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
How did the squigs get on her good side.

' i love you all' she sounds like an aging starlet on her last charade.

🤮

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I bet JM wished she'd sorted the monetisation of her website out with all the extra traffic hoop-gate must have generated!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
So far Jack's energy advice has cost this squig £48 a year. Well done Jack, your activism is really making the energy company shareholders happy. EVIL THICK bleep

Screenshot 2022-08-10 16.14.02.png

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 173
One pot meals are easy. Especially with microwave rice (I realise that’s also not just one pot then) but they are fast.

Reactions: 31
I had a mcplant last night. Not 4 as I'm not made of money. Was nice mind you. Followed up by maccys new halloumi fries. Nom

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
She's missed the mustard out of the recipe for the black pudding and bacon bake. It's in the ingredients list but not the method 🙄. Also, who the hell is she thinking this will feed? My teenage son will have a 100g portion of pasta (dried weight). The entire recipe has 225g. And she talks about leftovers 😳. Not that he'd eat that anyway, but still.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Her definition of "one pot meal" is odd to me. I think of a one pot meal as something that you put together and let simmer or bake, not something you cook in stages and then bring together at the end.
Yeah might unveil my waffles 'n' beans one pan meal which I'll make by heating the unrinsed beans and grilling the waffles before softly, gently placing in one pan. I shall then devour it all like a greedy goblin.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.