Jack Monroe #351 Nobody should be donating to a character from a Pulp song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker ... her last blog post really did me in. She has a choice and she has always had choices. She talks about moving to a one bedroom flat to sleep on a sofa bed, typing from the comfort of her beautiful home about a potential future reality, not her current one . Many of us are living that already not as a life style choice but just the way things just have to be for our families and ourselves.
She writes without any joy or humour about our lives as if she knows what it is like and completely from her own warped, irrelevant perspective. She has no idea about the power of community or the people within communities that have dedicated their lives to making things better for others who get no mention or thanks or platform. She is completely self serving and performative. The personification of social media’s generation of fake gurus and narcissists. Jack never acknowledges her freedom in having choices, the amazing opportunities she has been given or the privilege of her platform that she only uses to try and garner sympathy and money for herself.
Most people I know what hate to be thought of as a victim.
I hope she gets help to realise what a self destructive mentality that is and can step away and get on with being present as an authentic person for the people who love her and that she loves too.
She talks this because she is an etitiled brat. Who thinks smol homes and regular minmuim wage jobs are below her, but rather than get the qualifications and put in the work to get herself out of it she whinges.

As someone who had always lived on the poverty line, i honestly say it isnt easy but i make the most of what i have got. I use my imagination to make fun for my children when i cannot afford to pay out money. I keep my house the best i can despite current tornadoes going through it all day and i buy my food as cheaply as i can.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I hope SOMEONE finds some patreons who post their income freely and screenshots them for THAT THREAD...because it's the autistically honest option Jack, and you can prove you aren't lying! Just the little click of a button...

Reactions: 32
Oh duck off Jack with this utter bollocks. Nobody wants you dead but everybody wants you to stop lying and grifting, how is that the same thing? I feel like I’ve said that on here sporadically for over two years now and yet, even though the Molly post feels like a breakthrough, I’ve still got that sinking feeling of her getting away with it because numbskulls believe every word she says.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The toaster is what tipped me over the edge. Why would you lie about not having a toaster? What would you possibly hope to gain from that?

Anyways, I've just been on that mn thread, and good god I do think that one very aggressive poster who's flailing around shouting at everyonemight well by Jack in disguise.
Is it a poster beginning with a B? Because I did some snooping and found something rather interesting…

• Wow
Reactions: 54
You're being very generous, but...personally, I don't agree. She lies.

Don't get me wrong, she also bullshits too! And deflects, distracts, obfuscates, fibs, and gaslights.

She's a renaissance woman, she does it all!
ha, I don’t mean it to be generous, and I’m more doing a play on words by contrasting the two terms than trying to clear her of lying, but I think the fundamental difference in big picture between perceiving her as a liar or bullshitter here is that bullshitting is about saying or doing absolutely whatever it takes in the momenT, without thinking about how it impacts the future or past - it’s just crisis management. i don’t think that’s any better than lying. It’s more that I think that what her friends/blue ticks/whatever need to realise is that it’s a bullshit detector they need, rather than excusing her in the absence of a smoking gun for one big lie.

eg, even if someone found her patreon, and found her income to be £8000 a month, her friends could say “she never said she didn’t earn that!”, but the bullshit is the combination of things said to enable her to allow readers to easily find her paypal, without disclosing how her income doesn’t cover her outgoings

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Does she ever just think, i cannot be arsed. This apparently on the bones of her arse yet she is talking lawyers. I dont understand peoples definition of poverty. My money doesnt stretch to endless holidays or lawyer fees or any sort of dog. It baffles me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Am still trying to catch up but her I'm autistic its why they are mean to be tit post just popped up in twitter feed and I'm sorry but as a mum to two autistic kids and active in the ND community who struggle so very much - can I just say duck YOU.

Sorry but I am so cross and should probably write something more deep and meaningful but duck YOU sums it up for now. FUMING.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh duck off Jack with this utter bollocks. Nobody wants you dead but everybody wants you to stop lying and grifting, how is that the same thing? I feel like I’ve said that on here sporadically for over two years now and yet, even though the Molly post feels like a breakthrough, I’ve still got that sinking feeling of her getting away with it because numbskulls believe every word she says.
Nah, there's no getting away from this, I don't think. It's also really good for showing up just how low her support is. For someone with 559k followers, very few are actually sticking up for her.

Reactions: 45
I'm still catching up, but the autism excuse is one I find particularly galling. The "incapable of lying" thing always screams to me of people who diagnose themselves via Google. It's infuriating, and it's inaccurate. It lessens the experiences of people who have been diagnosed, or who are legitimately in the long wait to being diagnosed. Or people who were genuinely missed as kids. But those screaming on Twitter about not being able to lie just strike me as fakers.

Me-rail, sorry I have two kids. One dx ASD, the other also seems likely to be, but we've only just started the referral. They're wildly different children, because they individuals, FFS. They just so happen to (probably) both be autistic. One of them will stand in front of me and tell me a bold-faced lie. They're not very good at it, but they'll give it a good go. They other, to my knowledge doesn't lie at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Ah, Mark Lewis, of course. I look forward to hearing his court submission on how Georgia in Eastern Europe and Georgia in the States are like herbs - basically both the same.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.