Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no. Not Brian Moore.

Seriously tho. Who dat? Is it someone you’d know about if you spend a lot of time on Twitter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hate to break it to Jack, but most people with direct experience of communism are not advocates for communism. Nice on paper, tit in reality.

Corbyn, who she actively campaigned against, proposed what seemed to me workable policies for a fairer society.

As per usual, it's all just performative Twitter bollocks.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Edit: I've tried to spoiler this but I can't seem to do it today! Sorry everyone!

I've posted about my own history and how I always suspected Jack was a fraud but I not about how I found Tattle.

Soooo, in March or April I tweeted something about poverty influencers upholding the status quo. I didn't mention Jack (never followed her) but someone in a comment did and Jack appeared! Fraus, I was agog! She demanded I delete the tweet and said she'd sue. Lots of her followers jumped on, including Anna Subrey (!!!) who said something like I was rotten to suggest Jack shouldn't be paid (I said no such thing). Jack commented again about how "your lot" have been gloating about her misfortune for months, and I was like "eh?!" but now I get it. Someone posted a while ago about her habit of using "your lot" and how it could be badly misconstrued.

Anyway, I replied that I stood by what I said but I'm sorry to hear she's back on the banana skins (I'd looked at her profile and that very morning she'd been tweeting shite about going to bed hungry and eating grilled banana skins). She blocked me but her nasty squigs kept commenting. There was another blue tick too, but I can't remember who 😣.

All this and I never once mentioned her name. One of her horrible squigs did a search of my twitter (I've no idea how to do that) and reported to Jack that I'd made no previous mentions of her or name or 'bootstrap cook'). I was freaked out and deleted my whole twitter account, which I regret as I do use it for connections in my campaigning and activism work.

I googled "is Jack Monroe poor?" or something and found my answer, and so much more!

This all kicked off at about 8am if I remember. I was BUSY and every time I checked my notifications there was more nonsense. My Twitter account was gone by about midday.
That's horrible, I'm sorry that happened to you. Sadly she's done this to hundreds, possibly thousands of people. Most make their way here, some stay, some find it too upsetting and either delete their accounts or go back to lurking.
She really is nasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Ah, Sundays. Get up at midday, immediately log on to Twitter to see who you can start a fight with. Break for dino nap at 4pm, then back on Twitter to round off the weekend by basking in the sweet, sweet adoration of your curated echo chamber.

IMG_20200129_084030.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
This is terrible and I’m so sorry it happened to you.
That's so lovely of you but I was more dumbstruck than upset! It was rash of me to delete my account but I've got a new one (blocked again by Jack for liking a critical post lol) and Tattle is so much more fun and interesting anyway 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Ah yes, sarcastic supermarket nationalisation, a classic.
AKA - I’ve just realised the supermarkets offer nice big fat collabs and I’m trying to do a reverse ferret so I don’t miss out next time Asda need a celeb to flog Smartprice beans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
My problem has always been that she seems to identify as whatever she can best weaponise at the moment - whether that’s lesbian, poor, trans, disabled, non-binary, alcoholic, single mother, autistic or any of the other things from the long list of Jacks we’ve had.

All of them I’m sure have grains of truth in them, but there is something very callous and calculating about the way she picks and chooses her labels and the emojis in her bio depending on what suits her best.

She can identify however she likes and I know sexuality is fluid, but her lesbian claim alongside the constant ongoing male exceptions does give me the same feeling it does when she claims she can’t possibly go to Lidl because she’s disabled then romps around everywhere merrily.
Quoting myself like a knob but my other problem with her “exceptions” by which I mean her specific wording of it is that it plays into the hands of the bigots who tell lesbians they just haven’t met the right man yet and if they did…

Similarly to the way her £20 shop plays into the hands of those who paint the image of the feckless poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Surly Jack is one of my favs. Such a snitty, snotty mare!

At least toddlers are cute with it!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That's horrible, I'm sorry that happened to you. Sadly she's done this to hundreds, possibly thousands of people. Most make their way here, some stay, some find it too upsetting and either delete their accounts or go back to lurking.
She really is nasty.
I struggled to explain it to my old Harold! Now he thinks I'm obsessed with Jacksie. Which I am, a bit! 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.