Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we're meant to believe she was given or bought a £1500 puppy?! 😂 Did invisible Harold pay up front before they split up then? 😂
She's an idiot!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She told us she was a goldendoodle. They are mongrels but breeders treat them and sell them like pedigrees.

1659212012779.png

• Haha
Reactions: 54
View attachment 1458675

I really hate that Jack's tweeted this. Dawn Foster was a journalist of really remarkable talent and integrity who died far too young, and Giles Coren was utterly repugnant about it. But Jack tweeting this feels like she's just jumping on the hashtag to be relevant and it's giving me the ick.
"if i've heard of yer da i don't need to hear from you"

What does this mean? I understand the words individually but collectively I am stumped

Reactions: 24
Could she really post her 5th blog post in 4 years?! She's really spoiling the good people of the internet

• Haha
Reactions: 68
"if i've heard of yer da i don't need to hear from you"

What does this mean? I understand the words individually but collectively I am stumped
Nepotism! Dawn Foster said it to Giles Coren, whose Dad was the famous journalist Alan Coren, so it's kind of a dunk on how little Giles got a leg up from everyone despite not having any demonstrable talent

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Cruel, cruel cabal, a smol pixie can't even find a larbradoodle in a puddle without you lot doubting her integrity

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
So we're meant to believe she was given or bought a £1500 puppy?! 😂 Did invisible Harold pay up front before they split up then? 😂
She's an idiot!
I think there's a list somewhere of all the generous 'gifts' she's received, including a Tracey Emin, from various generous unnamed friends. If only we all had such generous friends!

It's such BS, lets not beat around the bush. She spunks her money on expensive tit, dog included, but doesn't want to tell the fans so makes out she gets an inordinate amount of expensive gifts.

If it was even true she got all these gifts then she doesn't really need the extra financial help she claims. Just sell the Emin! But even worse it's clearly not true is it.

So does SB live with his dad now? How did this come about/become known to us? I've seen a few mention it. Thank goodness if that's the case, poor boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
On the topic of posters (or not) here, is it just me who suspects that sometimes Jack comes into this thread incognito? When a brand new member shows up, knows all the in-stuff, is vitriolic about Jack then almost immediately disappears after a couple of posts, I sometimes wonder if it’s actually her being odd and masochistic.

I wouldn’t put it, or much else for that matter, past her.
For me, my infrequent posting is partly because I have an actual real life unlike our protagonist, and mainly catch up and/or make the odd post in the evenings when the kids are down, or if I’m off work. And partly because I do have actual dx ASD unlike Jack, so with multiple kids, a job, and some friends, my capacity for online social/chat stuff is usually exceeded before I’ve even had my dinner, and I don’t do online stuff often. But I lurked here for quite a few weeks before posting (youngest was cutting some especially horrible teeth at the time so I was awake A LOT in the night, had to have something to read in the dark!), hence picking up the references and language long-time posters use.

I knew Jack was tit, we grew up in the same town although I grew up in an actually-crappy bit of it, so I already knew she lies about lots of things; and I knew she lied about having been sooooo poor that she and her child were freezing cold and starving. I also knew she was just plain old unlikeable, because none of my crowd liked her and nor did I. What I didn’t realise before I spent some time here is that she lies about ridiculous things that there’s no point even lying about, which astonishes me (and is a character trait I haven’t come across since I was about 22 and hung out briefly with another young woman who did exactly the same - we ditched her after a few months, although I do sometimes get pangs of guilt because maybe we could have helped her get MH support instead of going “holy f* she’s off her head, let’s have no more to do with her”). And I didn’t realise the sheer depths of Jack’s unlikeability.

It’s quite something to pop in to say “OMG yes she’s awful, and I’m so glad other people know about it, hurray that you exist” but still be a bit baffled as to quite why people care so much … and then to catch up with it all, and realise that the reason you guys all care is because it’s frankly shocking that someone so tit is a) platformed b) not deplatformed c) worshipped (???!!!!!) and d) for some reason in 2022 getting wheeled out as a spokesperson despite having no measurable expertise and having only a provably bullshit origin story.
AND all the rest. It’s amazing and I now totally get why people care.

Sorry, I think I got a bit off track there. I was mainly saying: basically, I reckon people like me lurk for a while before posting, and then real life gets in the way and it’s a while before we post again. I don’t think any of us are Jack. We’re generally a bit funnier (I hope!) and talk less shite. And we also know what we’re talking about, which precludes the possibility of being Jack at all tbh.

Going to bed now as I am EXHAUSTED but am curious re others’ speculations as to motives of posters who dip in and out. Will probably check back at 3am or something because some more bastard teeth have started to push through in the last 24h. Nature is really bloody cruel. Night night mithering ninnies.

• Heart
Reactions: 99
Oh I really don’t know about being a vulture you know I’m not a big fan of birds.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Free insurance. Free dog food. Free puppy sitting. Free vet treatment when insurance doesn't cover it. Free dog toys. Free harness. Free bed. Free grooming. Free treats. Free preventive healthcare. Free poobags.

Good job dogs cost nothing.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.