Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bit about cheap school uniforms falling apart in the washing machine is funny now, was Jack using shampoo? :unsure:
All my 3 kid's uniforms (minus the blazers and the odd logoed sweatshirt) came from supermarkets, they all lasted for years. In fact all our clothes come from supermarkets or primark and I've never known anything fall apart in the wash.
I know there's already govt guidance that state schools must allow uniform to be bought from supermarkets but personally I think it should be legally enforced. This would be a massive help to some families. Some secondary schools really take the piss when it comes to expensive uniforms.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I've never had anything fall apart in the washing machine and I have a mix of cheap and expensive clothes. I have had cheap shoes fall apart. I think it's better to buy dearer shoes if you can afford to as in the long run, it's more economical. Someone should really write up say, an index, about this. It could be helpful to some.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Matt TeButt is making a lasagne on Saturday kitchen. Compare and contrast to jack’s bechamel ...

94D30097-73F9-4BFB-96F5-1457C86E862E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
FFS Back to the ‘everyone wishes I was dead’ palaver. Who had that on their bingo card?

• Haha
Reactions: 65
All my 3 kid's uniforms (minus the blazers and the odd logoed sweatshirt) came from supermarkets, they all lasted for years. In fact all our clothes come from supermarkets or primark and I've never known anything fall apart in the wash.
I know there's already govt guidance that state schools must allow uniform to be bought from supermarkets but personally I think it should be legally enforced. This would be a massive help to some families. Some secondary schools really take the piss when it comes to expensive uniforms.
I buy my kids trousers from tescos every year and they are still like new im the summer term. So i charity shop them, if they are too small.

I confess i dont use shampoo or shower gel in my machine but i do buy my clothes washing liquid from tescos for 1.75 weekly and top up my big bottle.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
LJC, finished my grunk with reading her saying she'd be dead but for her dog.

She's unhinged. I'm sure her son, when he logs in to or 'googles her twitter', will feel fantastic reading that.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
I’ve been listening to Mick Lynch on Full Disclosure, a genuine working class voice who, entirely without histrionics, sets out his vision for a progressive UK.
He also echoes Atlee, in that the one thing you can do to improve your country is pay your taxes.
EDIT. He doesn’t half show up James O’Brian

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She's had the dog, how long? 6 weeks or so? She's saying she would have died in the last 6 weeks?

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Is this why she got the dog, so it can be a prop in a 'my pet saved my life' storyline?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
LJC, finished my grunk with reading her saying she'd be dead but for her dog.

She's unhinged. I'm sure her son, when he logs in to or 'googles her twitter', will feel fantastic reading that.
This tells me that her son is really starting to pull away. If he was a constant in her life he would be her front and centre.

When was mentally unwell a few years back post partum depression. I didnt want to be around, but everytime i got that dark thought. My 3 year old (unknowingly)at the time would give me a hug or say something really sweet, or the baby would do something small but sweet and in those moments i knew i just couldn't leave them.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Still grunking in the last thread, so apologies if these points have been addressed.

1) What has happened with the Superdrug collaboration? We've heard nothing about it for weeks from either side. Is it safe to assume Jack has been dropped from a campaign that could've been a nice little earner for her?

2) Surely a young pup shouldn't be experiencing violent diarrhea as frequently as content. She's very young to be going through that on a regular basis. I don't know much about animal health but know how dangerous it can be for humans, especially babies and children.

3) she really is an utterly despicable human being.
Superdrug have wiped her from existence.
Their big announcement has gone, both from their website and SM. Not entirely sure when but pretty certain it was when she did the plug on Lorraine looking bloody awful and telling people to put soap in the washing machine.

On the subject of picking up dogs, my dog is enormous. 53kgs at the moment. She's a mastiff cross (god knows with what, probably a horse) and had to have cruciate ligament surgery a couple of years ago. After the surgery the vet said she had to be carried outside to do her business and my husband just stared at the vet. The vet just said 'yeah, good luck with that'
Luckily my youngest son still lived at home and it would be him and my husband carrying her and me opening doors so the path was clear.
Her face was a picture of terror and confusion having not been picked up since being a puppy.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Idiots in reply to deranged “block me” squig saying “I bought my cats when I had money and now I don’t but they’re family”.

That’s cool, nobody with a heart begrudges people having a beloved pet they bought in times of prosperity.

A designer puppy purchased a few weeks ago followed by posting empty bank accounts isn’t that.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.