Jack Monroe #333 Bootsnack crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hold up. Didn't the DKL episode we rewatched on Monday include a little segment about things you can grow in little pots if you have limited space? And now Jack is suddenly so excited to grow something in little pots that she didn't even stop to check what the seeds were?

This isn't the only time that Jack's latest passion project has coincided with the weekly DKL episode. She can't possibly have joined our watch-a-longs though, because...

Oooh! And she’s just mentioned singing to her plants!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Well, that sounds like a nice, normal productive day. Certainly the rest of the waffle about wisteria and neighbours houses, we could do without. But still, well done!

Auto 🥕 wanted wisteria to be listeria 😂.
Oooft. Quoting myself like a twit but every day is a school day. I didn't know that every single plant she planted today are poisonous to dogs 😱. So a normal day for Jack then. Getting everything as wrong as possible 😳.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Tbh I didn’t know wisteria was poisonous to dogs, but I do work on the theory that everything is poisonous to dogs unless I’ve been told otherwise because so many things are poisonous to them and the silly buggers tend to find out if things are edible by eating them. Wisteria covered houses are truly the hallmark of a deprived area, they’re almost as much of a marker of deprivation as orangeries are.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
By Jove, you’re right 500 🐕... just like being within 20m of unkempt Eucalyptus trees is a clear indicator of poverty. I can hear the money tree growing as I type!

Tbh I didn’t know wisteria was poisonous to dogs, but I do work on the theory that everything is poisonous to dogs unless I’ve been told otherwise because so many things are poisonous to them and the silly buggers tend to find out if things are edible by eating them. Wisteria covered houses are truly the hallmark of a deprived area, they’re almost as much of a marker of deprivation as orangeries are.

Reactions: 20
It’s all just so tiresome because we know she’s going to delete all these woe is me posts at some point. She gets people all sad for her and then just magics away the evidence. It’s so thoughtless.

Reactions: 31
Puppy tip 138 - Don't bother planting anything if you've a new puppy. The little sods will spend at least the next 18 months tearing stuff out and running round the garden with it just for fun. They'll ever stare you out whilst doing it😐

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Did she say she planted a magnolia tree in one of her previous houses?

a) Surely this would have been foolish given she was renting?

b) If she had had money worries why was she spending money on a tree that she couldn’t take with her*

* can you dig up magnolias? I thought they were temperamental. I live with moss.

Reactions: 36
Busy day ahead, apparently
She really needs an option for buy a nice cake and some biscuits because all of those people have suffered enough.

Disappointed Harold has been guilt tripped into coming round. He's making the most terrible mistake.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
...just lie their like Sybil does in Fawlty towers.
That's goals that is (well perhaps only in the Pavlova household). Cigarette in one hand, family sized box of chocs on the bed and on the phone to Audrey going " oh I know.....I know...I know" 🤣
And laughing like a constipated hyena.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I have no doubt that she’s a nightmare in relationships. As a previous poster said, she seems to regard herself as an incredibly rare, fragile and precious prize that her partner must nurture and feel constantly very lucky to have. I also imagine she centres herself in all her relationships and doesn’t see what the partner does as important, which is ironic when you consider how high powered and successful some of her exes have been. I have no doubt that emotional blackmail plays a huge part and is what lay behind OH’s welfar check call (I also think it was him).

What I find really objectionable is how much she belittles her exes. She posted about LJC as if she were a particularly obtuse and clumsy toddler, rather than the clever, successful woman she is. Even describing Harold as deliciously ordinary, I find that quite belittling too. Oh look at me, famous person who is on the GCSE syllabus, stooping to a relationship with a pleb. I would be quite upset if the best thing my partner could think of to describe me, was “deliciously ordinary “
The devaluation stage. All part of the narcissist cycle of abuse.
58EB8105-46DA-4FA5-A025-F5F4B0D3266C.jpeg
17229D43-0A69-4B66-92EB-B3EAB3AEA6CC.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She really needs an option for buy a nice cake and some biscuits because all of those people have suffered enough.

Disappointed Harold has been guilt tripped into coming round. He's making the most terrible mistake.
Stay strong Harold. She is not your responsibility.’

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.