Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
I'm going to buy a euromillions ticket. If I win I'll be commissioning a piece of investigative journalism on Jack Monroe. Maybe a joint piece from Private eye (so they'll do a good job) and the Guardian (so the squigs will read it)... I don't even know if that's how journalism works but if I win £100m I don't suppose it matters...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
It's really very simple, guys. Jack's reaction to her extreme poverty means she simply has to stay in a £2k per month detached villa in one of the country's most prosperous areas. I'm not sure what people aren't getting 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Is it just me or has the influence of Jack made anyone else completely distrust what you read from strangers on the internet? I am such a cynic now. Unless I see some sort of proof about something, I am entirely dismissive. Especially when the information is generalised and vague. And I used to be such a trusting soul too!

• Heart
Reactions: 96

Yel

Chatty Member
So he applied for this thing and said in the interview 'actually I don't have any time to fulfil the obligations' and expected them to be like 'no worries Martin pal'. Weirdo.
I bet he was expecting a response similar to this for his request to become a Lord and just waved through - arise lord Martin Lewis:

1655994631504.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 94

Ostapbender

VIP Member
Dear Jack,
How are you? I have been struck down by a stomach upset since we last spoke over dinner, but am recovering now. Nothing serious, have to be careful with BBQ at my age.......!
I'm sorry to get in touch after what's happened, especially as I know you are popping off to your Music Festival this weekend, but I'm afraid something has come up. A "techie" friend of ours told us that you'd been writing one or two things regarding our breakup on your Twitter site, implying that my behaviour had been less than gentlemanly. Maureen wouldn't tell me the details but said that it made her feel "physically ill" and was "completely unnecessary". Is this about the time I held your hand over a cup of tea at Southend Golf Club and you accused me of being too demanding? I did say I was sorry at the time.
Jack please don't do that anything like that again, you know I don't care for social media. I have dedicated my life to hats and I have too much at stake to risk my reputation in the industry now. I simply have to put my foot down.
Idea: Perhaps you could close the site for a while?
Best wishes,
Harold

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Is this so much food, right? Like, so much? Like this is a feast I haven’t had access to for years and years. Gap what now? I could live on this for months, right? How many different types of pasta now?

I’m disabled in Ontario, Canada. We currently have sub-poverty disability benefit levels. I’m lucky I get money from my family to buy food and necessities. All my benefits go to paying my rent. There’s nowhere cheaper to rent, unless I move away, but then there’d be no resources that I need, like my mental health clinic. I never talk about being poor, because I’m dependent on my not poor extended family.

In short, this list made me want to scream and start breaking everything. I’ve been eating cereal and frozen bananas for days because I run out of food. Shame on me for feeling sorry for this self-absorbed weapon. (Thanks for teaching me “weapon,” you guys.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 91

colouredlines

VIP Member
"I make a shitload of money, no need to downsize after all. In fact I could earn 33% less and still live in my expensive house while saving to buy property."

"I wish I had a reliable income."

You really can't go from one to the other in less than an hour...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90