Jack Monroe #322 Mr T Roll and the Mitty Bungalow Mystery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her followers really are dim af
I honestly wonder if they think libel actions are for the sole purpose of financially damaging right wing people. They're still in an unseemly, vindictive frenzy about Jack forcing tories to live on 30p a day after suing them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Cooked and bombed are not our friends. They do not want us to sit with them. They even called us cunts!

Oh well, over it now.
I’m thrilled! They think they’re edgy. This is edgy.

I'm confused - bear with me.

In a previous thread someone mentioned she sold her car.

In her "job search" blogs she mentioned her flat didn't have parking.

She said she never passed her test cos when it came to roundabouts she closed her eyes 🙄

So why did she have a car and why did she need parking 🤷🏻‍♀️
Her degree was in car ownership?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Darren McGarvey was on R4 start the week today. He is most definitely up Jack's niche.

He even said Jack's working class in the media thing. He said working class (him) and middle class (not him) quite a lot. He has written an angry book about being working class. He also does rapping probably angry rapping about being working class.

He is Scottish. Are him and Jack going to meet up? They could do a poetry slam about who is most working class.
I know Darren mcGarvey can be a bit of a diva and problematic in his own way but his first book really did tear Jack and her ilk a new one; he’s since written about the conflicted feelings he has about being ‘accepted’ by the middle class lefties (ie is he now in with the set but alienating his background, or is he just a mascot?)

it shows far more self awareness than Jackcould ever attempt - but then again he can afford to be honest as his backstory can’t be disputed.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Wow it's wild that there's a thread on Cook'd and Bomb'd debating Tattle. I read some of their comedy threads and they also have a couple of entertaining and informative threads discussing high profile (awful) celebs which are very, very similar to this thread in tone, meticulous following/ribbing, in jokes etc. But I can see how they think 'poor Jack and the mean bullies' because I did too until I started to read the wiki and the posts and see more of the reasons why this thread exists. After all, on the surface she's a 'good' person with her sort-of-campaigning, and I know many here have said they used to think the same until realising things didn't add up and that Jack is more interested in Jack Monroe, Saviour of the Poors (and also in pretending she's The Most Poor herself) than she is in the people who she claims to speak for.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Wow it's wild that there's a thread on Cook'd and Bomb'd debating Tattle. I read some of their comedy threads and they also have a couple of entertaining and informative threads discussing high profile (awful) celebs which are very, very similar to this thread in tone, meticulous following/ribbing, in jokes etc. But I can see how they think 'poor Jack and the mean bullies' because I did too until I started to read the wiki and the posts and see more of the reasons why this thread exists. After all, on the surface she's a 'good' person with her sort-of-campaigning, and I know many here have said they used to think the same until realising things didn't add up and that Jack is more interested in Jack Monroe, Saviour of the Poors (and also The Poors) than she is in the people who she claims to speak for.
I had a look at that earlier and again we come up against the idea of people just wanting someone else to do the heavy lifting. If you accept the idea that Jack is out saving the poors, then you don't need to do anything bar noisily support her on the internet. They're probably all the same people who'll turn on her the minute there's a Labour government and they suddenly don't want to talk about poverty any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I am astounded that she hasn’t broken cover to comment on the Aaron Banks case. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The phrase "utensils in the pumble" sounds like something out of a blues song

Three spoons in my pumble, pears are looking brown
Having a flounce off Twitter, gonna hit Glasgow town...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The phrase "utensils in the pumble" sounds like something out of a blues song

Having a flounce off Twitter, gonna hit Glasgow town...
I read that to the tune of "remember you're a womble"

(You're all welcome for that ear worm)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I see several of us have already seen this.
Found this interesting. She withdrew her initial allegation and admitted it wasn't true.

View attachment 1339731

This was always my understanding of the law (based on listening to legal podcasts, your Honour. I'm only a legal Frau in my own mind, rather than reality). How has what Mr Fox said caused serious harm to her reputation? Arguably anything negative he says about anyone on the left will enhance their reputation.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My tuppence-worth on this, I'll try and keep it brief. I used to be a Samaritans listening volunteer. Some of the people I spoke to had horrible lives from day dot, and had really disordered thought patterns and attitudes. Not their fault. Anyway, I would wonder afterwards just what it would take to help one of those people escape the chaotic, miserable patterns they were in. I felt it was theoretically possible, but the huge resources it would take makes it practically impossible - I felt like it would take years and years of intensive intervention from a whole range of professionals: psychiatrists, therapists, doctors, teachers/educators, job coaches, plus removing them from their old life completely somehow.
I was also quite naive, but listening to those people helped me see just how complicated some people's lives are. No easy fixes.
It's interesting to hear people's thoughts here about personality disorders and how that might impact someone's ability to change. It reminded me of the Samaritans callers - maybe it's theoretically possible, but practically impossible.
My life was horrible from day dot, and I am one of the very, very few that successfully escaped and broke generational curses. It is exhausting. Most of my (many) siblings haven’t managed to break out - just me and my brother.

Which I suspect was due to our very normal, comfortable but not wealthy Grandparents and their influence (other siblings are half siblings).

And I can’t explain how I did it, but I can explain why they haven’t been able to.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I know Darren mcGarvey can be a bit of a diva and problematic in his own way but his first book really did tear Jack and her ilk a new one; he’s since written about the conflicted feelings he has about being ‘accepted’ by the middle class lefties (ie is he now in with the set but alienating his background, or is he just a mascot?)

it shows far more self awareness than Jackcould ever attempt - but then again he can afford to be honest as his backstory can’t be disputed.
I know very little about Darren but he came over as a right twit.

Reactions: 10
This was always my understanding of the law (based on listening to legal podcasts, your Honour. I'm only a legal Frau in my own mind, rather than reality). How has what Mr Fox said caused serious harm to her reputation? Arguably anything negative he says about anyone on the left will enhance their reputation.
Especially as in her marketing speel for a load of the events she attends she likes to boast about the right wing trolls 'attacking' her :unsure:

Reactions: 13
Yes and Jack did more than anyone to draw attention to it by sharing the link on her Twitter. If she'd ignored it, it wouldn't have had the reach it's had. She also gained followers and donations which unless she carried out affordability checks could well have come from people poorer than her. I'm not a legal frau but I think the whole thing is a non starter.

Reactions: 25
A narcissist will do anything he/she can to avoid shame. They will redirect feelings of shame towards other people in an attempt to make themselves feel better. Narcissists like Monroe experience such a strong and visceral reaction to even the tiniest flicker of shame it becomes almost impossible for them to step back before lashing out. And the more they do lash out and experience the consequences of this, the lower their threshold of tolerance for anything that suggests they might not be as special as they want to believe they are.

The sad thing is that it is the accumulation of the effects of their narcissistic response which makes them someone who should feel ashamed of their behaviour. It is an awful catch-22 and there is nothing about her lifestyle that puts the brakes on her actions. She will deteriorate because social media continually feeds her the message that she is special, vulnerable, unique and indispensable. Narcissism is really hard to treat; the best you can hope for is some benefits from unravelling those feelings of shame. Unfortunately, this is so unpleasantly painful for the narcissist, they rarely engage once things get tricky. And more to the point, there aren't many professionals and teams with the experience and therapeutic set-up to work with entrenched narcissism.

Loooks like they have great dentists there

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Sorry but it wasn’t her reputation, she was defending her comments, it was Banks reputation. He was suing her for defamation and one of the elements that needs to be made out is that the comment “caused harm” to the claimant.

it is interesting that she was allowed to run that article without any facts to back it up, because a simple “truth” defence would have been easily proved if she had the receipts. I know this is a freedom of speech case & also to stop the wealthy using their cash for clout and I’m 💯 for this but you can’t be an award winning investigative journalist and making claims that you can’t substantiate. Which brings us nicely back to our smol pixie Jack, she writes some utter whoppers and the Guardian print it and we have begun to question if the guardian will print any old bag of shite? Is there no editorial supervision? Are there no belts and braces checks on these articles? I’m astounded to be honest because it feeds right into Trumps “fake news” narrative and means the whole freedom of speech argument is nonsense.
🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.