Jack Monroe #322 Mr T Roll and the Mitty Bungalow Mystery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Praise beans, I’m finally in real time!
very smug that she’s not coming to the northerny parts of Scotland, there’s no waitrose up this way tho so she wouldn’t survive 😄 after an epic grunk I’ve concluded she’s not changed a bit.
maybe the Twitter silence is because she’s been studiously preparing for her meeting with Sainsburys. So that she can save the poor you see.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yikes - can’t find it! It was funny though, people all asking why ours don’t rhyme. Then people saying they’re funnier and random (true)
yes, a mod said ours were all the best thread titles because they don't rhyme (and, let's be honest here, we're quite a different thread here to most of the site)

then I think we were accused of being cliquey 😬

and may I take this opportunity to say how annoying it is when people say "click" and "clicky" instead of "clique" and "cliquey"? thanks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

Oh Jackkk - come out, come out wherever you are!
She will either take credit or have an epi because the yellow draws attention to the poors!
Perhaps she’s off in a huff because they’ve rebranded her beloved bollock sausages. Let’s hope the new Just Essentials range includes the same percentage of eyelids and anuses (or is it ani?) in each sausage.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Perhaps she’s off in a huff because they’ve rebranded her beloved bollock sausages. Let’s hope the new Just Essentials range includes the same percentage of eyelids and anuses (or is it ani?) in each sausage.
😂 ‘There’s too much pork in the sausages’ said no one except Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ha ha! We’re not cliquey, we’re just a bit bonded with our own special language.
Chapeau!
To be fair I can see how it might look cliquey from the outside, but usually when a new person joins and asks about an in-joke or something, there’s always someone happy to explain it. If there are any lurkers, please don’t be shy.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Ha ha! We’re not cliquey, we’re just a bit bonded with our own special language.
this is where taylor says it best - "you taught me a secret language I can't speak with anyone else"

and sali keeps breaking sentient mirrors? I've not read her colin for soooooo long. and ofc, #salisentme here. kinda miss her nonsense tbh. I was absolutely raging when I discovered she's done a (very expensive for them) collab with revolution

• Haha
Reactions: 31
this is where taylor says it best - "you taught me a secret language I can't speak with anyone else"

and sali keeps breaking sentient mirrors? I've not read her colin for soooooo long. and ofc, #salisentme here. kinda miss her nonsense tbh. I was absolutely raging when I discovered she's done a (very expensive for them) collab with revolution
She Here did not do a collab, she is a Founder. Also she uses the cleansing balm on her eyes with no problem and so do all her friends (it’s literally not for eyes and is burning people)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Chapeau!
To be fair I can see how it might look cliquey from the outside, but usually when a new person joins and asks about an in-joke or something, there’s always someone happy to explain it. If there are any lurkers, please don’t be shy.
Apart from a hiatus last year (I missed the aparthotel rehab and the burglary, are they worth reading?) I’ve been there from the beginning. I still don’t know what owl champagne means, chapeau and J1g. Back in the early days, there was cryptic talk of different flavours of crisps that I initially took at face value but realised it was a reference to someone, but still none the wiser. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Owl champagne is short for “hooting and fizzing” it’s short if you write it in emoji. Jack described laughing as “hooting and fizzing around the room” once, when she must have been feeling very Enid Blyton.

J1g is one of my faves and I saw it happen.
Jack tweeted J1g which could be interpreted as J wants one gram of Er, something. Like if you were texting someone who sold things by the gram. Anyway, following that tweet she panicked and tweeted a load of nonsense letters and numbers. In the middle of these very random digits was the name “Zoe eccentricity” which she thought was fun, and changed her name on twitter to Zoe Eccentricity for about an hour. Then she reckoned the nonsense tweets had been caused by her Mediterranean arse, because her phone was in the back pocket and she had NO IDEA about the tweets. Yeah? No. idea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Apart from a hiatus last year (I missed the aparthotel rehab and the burglary, are they worth reading?) I’ve been there from the beginning. I still don’t know what owl champagne means, chapeau and J1g. Back in the early days, there was cryptic talk of different flavours of crisps that I initially took at face value but realised it was a reference to someone, but still none the wiser. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I think chapeau was just because Jack kept saying it in tweets, and some of us found it funny enough to keep saying too!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Chapeau happened about two weeks ago and I can’t remember why. It means like “hats off to you” in French, but it’s been reduced down just to hat, in French. Which is chapeau. I don’t really know what the French is about tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Owl champagne is short for “hooting and fizzing” it’s short if you write it in emoji. Jack described laughing as “hooting and fizzing around the room” once, when she must have been feeling very Enid Blyton.

J1g is one of my faves and I saw it happen.
Jack tweeted J1g which could be interpreted as J wants one gram of Er, something. Like if you were texting someone who sold things by the gram. Anyway, following that tweet she panicked and tweeted a load of nonsense letters and numbers. In the middle of these very random digits was the name “Zoe eccentricity” which she thought was fun, and changed her name on twitter to Zoe Eccentricity for about an hour. Then she reckoned the nonsense tweets had been caused by her Mediterranean arse, because her phone was in the back pocket and she had NO IDEA about the tweets. Yeah? No. idea.
And it was @Captainmouse who invented the 🦉 🍾 emoji use.
I remember this because it must have been a particularly funny thread, and CM said she was 🦉 🍾 on the train, to the point of almost coughing and getting funny looks from other passengers on the train, the whole thing set me off and I ended up laughing out loud too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Why you cry?
Jack try to say Milngavie.

Why you in pain?
Jack on train to Culzean.

Why you slow burn?
Jack at Cockburn.

Why you back tracking?
Jack heading up Ecclesmachan.

Why you ring us?
Jack mispronounce Menzies.

Why you cut Leccy?
Jack sun bathing at Findochty

Why you say Guid luck tae (yis a')!
When Jack cook in Auchtermuchty?

Why you avoid cookie
Jack baked in Freuchie?

Why you leave out poo tray
When Jack visit Kirkcudbright?

Please set us free
When Jack visit Garioch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
People have tried to make wolf crab a thing but it didn’t take off (howling and clawing at the floor-what Jack does if someone posts a letter through her door)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She Here did not do a collab, she is a Founder. Also she uses the cleansing balm on her eyes with no problem and so do all her friends (it’s literally not for eyes and is burning people)
I'm sorry, what? when there's an x in a name - it's a collab. I'm gonna have to go up to that thread, aren't I? #hotessentme

jack's a bleep and let's hope I get something jack-related for my 39th 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I've never watched the singing videos - I'm not sure I have the constitution for it. I enjoy a bit of cringe but I'm actually concerned I could cringe myself to death?
I’m ultra polite & able to resist cringe to a ridiculous degree but Jack’s singing video is beyond words. It was the moment I genuinely started to think her whole persona was a piss take because it’s seriously mind blowingly weird & shameless.
Just so embarrassing & self centred & odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
also, "chapeau" is an extremely cringe thing that centrist dads use on twitter.

like, someone like supertanskii or marina purkiss will tweet about boris johnson being a cockwomble or the crime minister and very many #fbpe #johnsonout563 centrist dads will reply "chapeau". the "m'lady" is implicit

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.