Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fun off topic fact. Here in the US of A they call swedes (the vegetables not the citizens of Sweden) rutabagas.

There’s a saying in South Wales where I grew up (and maybe other places?) that someone’s “cooking your swede” when you’re just AAAAARGH with them.

Anyway, Jack Monroe, you PROPERLY cook my swede/rutabaga. Which is about the only think you’ve properly cooked in your life, let’s face it
I see I've spelled swede like the leather rather than the veg 😆 I actually wanted to write turnips - I only realised quite recently that turnips are the little purple and white things not the big yellow things. Also I've oft wondered what rutabaga are and I love local sayings and dialects so thanks for all that! Send patron deets and I'll go straight in top tier!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don't you dare take that lovely woman's moment away by creating something awful. Don't be so bleeping hideous.
And one of the reasons the recipe won is that it can be made with shop bought and cupboard items. Also, it makes a huge trifle. Do not do it Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Isn't Jack, who has mixed feelings about the monarchy, a loyal Queen's Speech watcher? Along with her Marxist multi-property landlord dad.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Omg that poor street party having to eat her filthy slop! On the bright side at least ✨a frau will be born✨ after the brief stint of norovirus
🎶 This comes to pass, when a Frau is born 🎵

3A65A7E8-F6A8-4710-9B38-09D528078F64.jpeg

I don’t know why I have Christmas classics in my head when it is LITERALLY a SEVERELY humid 35 🔺degrees outside. If I I start on the festive Cliff Richard or John Lennon-os (sorry) please urgently send emergency Greg Lake-os and Frankie Goes to Hollywood-os to 1, Humid Street, Humid, The USA. Now duck off. x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
What's she on about? She loves the Queen. Didn't she do a puff piece on her when Carole Malone was AWAY? She's just not brave enough to say it.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
If this is "mixed feelings" I'd love to see how absolutely nauseating a completely positive op-ed from her would be.

Screenshot_20220603-000536_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220603-000551_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Jack is no monarchist but she wouldn't be without them...

View attachment 1314211
Ss: @colouredlines
Of course! She loves her maj.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
"Me and me dad love a trifle" Cor, blimey guv'nor, up the apples and pears!

(Seriously though, can someone do a welfare check on Trifle Defender?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She’s going to put either malted milks or custard creams instead of amaretti biscuits on that jubilee trifle.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Is Jack the only blue ticker who hasn't said something to acknowledge our Queen today? And she's going to rip off the Jubilee trifle?

Alright Jack. Pull up the ladder 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Costing and the stupid

1654210664047.png

Looking forward to the recipe definitely being posted tomorrow! 😂
I think a jackcident might be incoming!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
This sounds utterly disgusting already. And why the need to drop the 🥺 bus fare to Sainsbury's🥺 in there - can't Harold give her a lift in his big car?

Screenshot_20220603-001225_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.