Jack Monroe #311 Please consider the environment before printing this thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should probably read the article rather than make jokes...might make for an uncomfortable chat with Mr Asda though

58012045-10840105-Pictured_A_graphic_showing_the_average_cost_of_a_20_item_basket_-a-35_165313...jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yes jack please do show us how to make use of a decorative item that adds zero nutrition. That's really helpful with the cost of living 🤪

Are silver balls going down in price too? Can they be bunged in the slow cooker to make a banging curry? I'll buy 100g of those rather than 5 tins of beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Yes jack please do show us how to make use of a decorative item that adds zero nutrition. That's really helpful with the cost of living 🤪

Are silver balls going down in price too? Can they be bunged in the slow cooker to make a banging curry?
Well she does love spraypainting her food in gold.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
So she can criticise Jamie for supporting Farage however long ago (I think he did) but bring up she campaigned for the green party and you're literally satan
I don't think he supported him, and I'm fairly certain he didn't comment 'repeatedly'. IIRC he said he liked the way he 'stirred things up' or something, as a throwaway comment on a radio show.

Reactions: 36
I don't think he supported him, and I'm fairly certain he didn't comment 'repeatedly'. IIRC he said he liked the way he 'stirred things up' or something, as a throwaway comment on a radio show.
That's basically it. You can read the full comments made back in 2013 via the link below.

The comments were made well before Jack's grovelling love letter to THAT MAN in the Express. It's possible JO has changed his mind, just like Jack does.

Reactions: 36
Jack Monroe in "Ouchy Mouth"
Creative writing by Jack Monroe aged 34

Jack Monroe the budget cook lived a rollercoaster of a life! She was excited, depressing and unpredictable. First thing in the morning she woke up and her tooth had fallen out. "Oh my chapeau," Jack moaned. The pain was unbelievable! She reached for her phone like lightning and dialled the dentist. "Hello, my tooth has fallen out like a crunched up shell," she exclaimed. "Do you have an appointment?" "Don't you know who I am? This is an emergency," Jack informed her carefully. "I'm Jack Monroe, the mind behind Tomato Soup, rinsed beans and the Pumble." After a pause the receptionist said, "I'm very sorry. The ambulance is on its way." Soon Jack was being borne into the emergency dentist by kindly staff who had thrown their other patients aside to take on her case. "There's nothing we can do to save the tooth," said a gentle male dentist with a voice like crushed velvet. "Her brief stint in poverty ten years ago has permanently damaged her mouth. We're going to have to operate..."
Jack put a hand to her mouth and looked up from her Mac. Were people really going to believe this one? She had a feeling her tales were getting out of control lately. She tweeted, "Going to ground," then closed the Mac and looked at the pile of ominous brown envelopes. What was she going to do? (Continues whenever)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I must say it's quite distasteful during a cost of living crisis to have 'too posh to wash' white middle class lady Jack lecturing the poor about personal hygiene. I think Jack might be as well to take the money and STFU.
No poo Monroe with her leggings on her head 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
See Jack, all those times on Twitter when you said you only had £20 for food for 3 people, or couldn’t afford butter or only had £37 in the bank. Then people sent you money. But you did actually have money. That’s grifting.
rhony-leah.gif

Grunking, only popped out to the opticians this morning and returned to a new ouchy mouth that man chaos. What a prune.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Chapeau keeps making me think of Nigel Tufnel. Although at least his mullet was the right way round.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The sweet chilli sauce would give it a bit of a kick too. And then you’ve got a biscuit bar for afters. Lunch done, bish bash bosh (sorry, couldn’t resist). The sprinkles you can make fairy bread with at a later date.
After seeing what the Americans did to fairy bread, I'm genuinely scared how Jack would interpret it!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.