Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be dumb right now but I don't understand what social class has to do with mental health in this particular response?
Jack's mental health is nowt to do with her social class. She just doesn't like people talking what she considers "bollocks"

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Urgh, without wishing to generalise, I would say that working class people are generally a lot more resilient than that post would suggest. If they’re going to get ‘bad mentals’ over something, it would be because of genuine trauma, (eg, like not being able to feed your kids, workplace injuries where they can’t sue because they’d lose their jobs etc to name but a few), rather than someone has suggested they might be a millionaire on Twitter 🤨

(This is just in context of that post, and not a comment on mental health in general or how it develops or who would suffer from it, btw).

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Jack's mental health is nowt to do with her social class. She just doesn't like people talking what she considers "bollocks"
Considering too it's been mental health awareness week, and one of their messages is about how anyone can be affected by mental health issues.

Jack never hits the mark on anything! So utterly ignorant and too arrogant to learn.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Urgh, without wishing to generalise, I would say that working class people are generally a lot more resilient than that post would suggest. If they’re going to get ‘bad mentals’ over something, it would be because of genuine trauma, (eg, like not being able to feed your kids, workplace injuries where they can’t sue because they’d lose their jobs etc to name but a few), rather than someone has suggested they might be a millionaire on Twitter 🤨

(This is just in context of that post, and not a comment on mental health in general or how it develops or who would suffer from it, btw).
Would like to know how that squig can be sure the MP isn't suffering anyway. Not everyone tells all of Twitter to get attention 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Let's get litigious, litigious
I want to get litigious
Let's all become litigants
Let me hear your lawyer talk, your lawyer talk
Let me hear your lawyer talk

RE: £10 broadband. BT are offering a £10/month and a £20/month contract if you're on benefits. You give them your national insurance number for the check but they will actually do the switch immediately and presumably later drag you out of your home and beat you with sticks shouting 'NOT POOR! NOT POOR!' if you fail the check.
I got a nowtv broadband for £20 a month with £72 cashback without having to be on UC (which I am) so these special deals aren’t very special!

Considering too it's been mental health awareness week, and one of their messages is about how anyone can be affected by mental health issues.

Jack never hits the mark on anything! So utterly ignorant and too arrogant to learn.
Has she said anything at all about mental health awareness week? She could have bigged up her beloved QPR mental health meetings they’ve organized inside the stadium for local people, for example.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
That MN thread is wild.

Lots of people defending Jack and the other half condemning her.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
I don’t have broadband. I use the library if I need to use a pc and I’ve just changed my phone contract to three as my last phone basically fell to bits. I get unlimited texts data and phone calls for 17 quid. Point I am making is that she doesn’t need to make a fuss of everything. If she can’t get a broadband contract she could get a phone with unlimited data

I need a lot of data because I do uni tutorials and they are online just now due to covid. I probably don’t need unlimited data but at that price I would be daft not to take up that offer.

Reactions: 27
Only if she would get a decent signal. I probably would have just done that with my phone, but I get no signal where I am, so broadband is needed just to make my phone work at home.

Reactions: 15
Can only imagine how much of Lee Anderson's time is going to be taken up by this case. But thats time that will be taken away from constituents of one of the most deprived areas in England.

Worth it to sock it to the man though eh.
Screenshot_20220515-192428_Chrome.jpg

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Does anyone have the time to explain Teemill to me. It was before my time and I keep seeing it referenced.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Only if she would get a decent signal. I probably would have just done that with my phone, but I get no signal where I am, so broadband is needed just to make my phone work at home.
I assume given the amount of time she spends online that she has a decent signal because she has said that she hasn’t had broadband in her house since her last contract ended. Because she didn’t pay the bill. So she must be using 4g just now.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yeah but she fully got away with it, like she gets away with everything else. The judge being slightly unhappy means nothing when it didn’t affect the outcome at all. He just said that legal teams need to advise their clients to not delete evidence. He should have known Jack could have easily downloaded an entire archive or her deleted tweets. Tweets are never truly deleted, just removed from public view.
I think it did affect the outcome, that is why her award was £24k. dr Christian got stung for £125k. Also she basically won by default, as KH didn’t turn up.

Reactions: 33
Does anyone have the time to explain Teemill to me. It was before my time and I keep seeing it referenced.
Oh it's a long one.

Jack launched a charity tshirt shop on Teemill. The shirts had tasteless slogans. She said the profits would go to the Trussell Trust. She then decided money would also go to other, unnamed food bank charities, too. She got some flack on Twitter for the slogans. She said TT were fully on board and she claimed to have raised just over 10k from tshirt sales in a couple of days.

After a a few days it transpired TT only found out about the fundraising after the fact. They didn't approve the slogans. Jack had to backpedal a bit and said money up to the declared 'just over 10k' would go to TT and other monies would go to the smaller charities previously mentioned.

What seems like a lifetime later she eventually donated around 11k to TT saying it was the tshirt money. To date she still hasn't announced how much else was raised or who exactly it is going to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I think you just have to let them get on with it - some people will never be dissuaded from their opinion. Even if she comes out of this looking like some poor bullied victim, those who know, just know. Tattle, her family, her beleaguered ex girlfriends, etc., etc. She’s dreadful, literally dreadful.
To be honest if I hadn’t found Tattle I would be cheering her on today and would probably have topped up the tip jar. I never followed her closely enough to pick up all the inconsistencies- I just thought she was a genuinely good egg.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
@youRjokingHunz

D4C9BC3E-3A8A-4C67-ABFC-5183B26FCE23.jpeg

Jack Monroe is a wealthy middle class girl from a wealthy middle class background, who has made a lucrative career since 2012/2013 by pretending to be poor.

This includes plenty of TV, radio and newspaper work as a poverty spokesperson, TV presenting, 7 cookbooks, brand deals with major companies. Most angering of all it includes 730 Patreon subscribers for which she provides duck all. She did a £68,000 Kickstarter scam to self publish a book then got it published anyway, a £44,000 gofundme scam to raise money to buy her own books to “donate” to foodbanks, and won £24,000 from suing Katie Hopkins. Despite this, nearly a decade after become famous-ish, she still pretends to be utterly destitute and is always begging, pleading, playing the victim and subtle shaking her begging bowl. From this intensive victim signalling, she (probably 😉) grifts a small fortune from PayPal tips and the tip jars on her website and her Twitter. Some of the people who donate to her are on benefits or otherwise vulnerable.

She pretends to be a heroic charity campaigner, harassed by right-wingers only for her campaigning and her protected characteristics - and claims to donate all her fees to charity. There is no evidence for this but her cult followers believe it. Sometimes, she claims to be raising money for charity, but then never provides evidence that she’s handed over the money, and pockets it herself.

Her victim-playing includes endless claims of illnesses, poor mental health, and being attacked by various types of -phobe for her left wing beliefs, her lesbianism, being non-binary, made up illnesses such as autism and arthritis, and most of all being “working class”. This makes her mindless cult followers viciously protective of her and completely closed-off to hearing about her horrific scamming and compulsive lying.

While pretending to be poor, she rents a spacious £2000/month house in an upmarket area, which she has filled with a multitude of needless designer goods such as a £3000 fridge, £2000 Tiffany earrings and lots of Cotswold Company furniture. She has designer clothes and an Emin artwork, and pretends they were gifted, or most famously of all, she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.

Lawrence Fox, Martin Daubney, and MP Lee Anderson have called her out for making money off the poor while being rich.

Nothing triggers Jack Monroe more than people observing that she’s rich, so she’s making ridiculous, gleeful threats to sue them, including putting a PayPal link up and encouraging her cultists to donate to her legal costs, before it’s even underway. This was soon deleted but her Jackolytes keep donating. To make herself look better should it get to court, she has now replaced that beg with a notice that she doesn’t need a crowd fund yet, but to donate to charity instead. Followers have begun to ask for refunds, which she is predictably ignoring. She is also claiming to be “mentally and financially on my knees”.

I hope that helps get you up to date with her latest shenanigans! BTW I love your avatar, good minds etc.!

PS - I forgot to add an important bit: she hasn’t filed her taxes in 3 years, despite supposedly being a left-wing luvvie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 104
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.