Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely the burden of proof will involve her showing all her patreon income and PayPal income?? Does she really know what she’s getting into? Her entire USP is making slop for people in poverty, why would anyone NOT want to buy or use recipes that involve bollock sausages and rinsed beans?? She can’t drop her bank accounts in the Atlantic Ocean can she.
When lawyers are building libel cases, can they lawfully access all a persons financials? I know when my parents got divorced, my father gave full disclosure. However, he lied, hid half a million, and the judge saw the holes, knew but couldn't prove it for definite. A huge positive was how annoyed she was, and told him so in open court. I dunno what she did behind the scenes, but within months, there were HMRC inspectors knocking the door. Our neighbours told us all about it, via my father blabbing, bless them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She wants to live the lifestyle she had when she was with Allegra. That’s what this is all about in my view and in her mind she thinks she deserves it. Some of her tweets are toe curling. Womp there’s another one

She’s raging that some other people in the food industry are millionaires and she isn’t and she’s trying her best to make it happen
I'm sure her it's her time with well off OHs and her middle class (probably me lord) upbringing is what makes her think that she's really, really, really poor. You know the poorest person in the whole world. Maybe she should spend some time with some people who are actually poor to reframe her thinking.

Reactions: 48
She wants to live the lifestyle she had when she was with Allegra. That’s what this is all about in my view and in her mind she thinks she deserves it. Some of her tweets are toe curling. Womp there’s another one

She’s raging that some other people in the food industry are millionaires and she isn’t and she’s trying her best to make it happen
I hope she does get her forever home and I hope it's plagues her with problems from the minute she moves in. I can be spiteful too, she does not deserve as much as she thinks she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Immature me is loving all this and wants to see Jack served her own chunky Mediterranean arse. The lozza trolling is superb even though he is an hole. Still, arseholes attract each other. She is frolicking with her own kind on the old hellsite.

Sensible me is watching and waiting with interest. It's not that likely to go court, nor is Jack that likely to win. However stranger things have happened. In view of that, I think something unsavoury about her will come out whether it's lies, finances or family situation. She will be back in the public eye, maybe long enough for people to discover Tattle. Or unsavoury facts from the trial could turn people against her. It would be great for the squigs to see the light. I wonder how many of them will feel embarrassed or cheated.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Point 1. Yes she absolutely is.
Point 2. Are you joking? She can't stand it that people don't like her. That's what this is all about, silencing anyone who doesn't buy into her 'national treasure' narrative.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 11.06.26.png

• Haha
Reactions: 86
I just dont buy the Laurence and co are doing this blindly. He especially as been sued a few times according to his Wikipedia. All people on Twitter are doing is bigging her up and scaremongering. I honestly don't think she has a decent case yes there is issues but I don't think the blokes are stupid. They have something to use against her.

Pure speculation my lord based in my observations!
I thought Fox was suspiciously quick off the mark with the reference to her taxes. I think they picked her quite deliberately after a bit of research.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Saw a bit about the foodback in Ashfield on BBC this morning. The people attending the class were appreciative of it. Much better imo than being given a slop manual.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Immature me is loving all this and wants to see Jack served her own chunky Mediterranean arse. The lozza trolling is superb even though he is an hole. Still, arseholes attract each other. She is frolicking with her own kind on the old hellsite.

Sensible me is watching and waiting with interest. It's not that likely to go court, nor is Jack that likely to win. However stranger things have happened. In view of that, I think something unsavoury about her will come out whether it's lies, finances or family situation. She will be back in the public eye, maybe long enough for people to discover Tattle. Or unsavoury facts from the trial could turn people against her. It would be great for the squigs to see the light. I wonder how many of them will feel embarrassed or cheated.
The truth is they like her now only because the people making comments are currently in the nation's bad books because Tory= bad.

However as soon as she says something alittle unsavoury which she does and she has they turn on her quicker than a rabid dog. She's only ok at the minute because at the minute there are other baddies. You wait no matter the outcome in the near future muggins will say something Ill thought and her followers will pounce.

The that problem with Twitter and etc they are only your mates when you say what they agree with, have a different opinion your tripe.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The jackolytes are saying others are running scared and backtracking when all they're doing is just not bothering to reply to the drama anymore or not replying within minutes.

Whereas she is deleting tweets of her chest thumping I'm coming for you tweets and they're still convinced she's god like and unstoppable 🤡

View attachment 1267770

For lozza and co it's probably a mild entertainment, I doubt it all means anywhere near as much to them as it does to her.
Has Jack started deleting?

This means we will soon be getting, bad mentals, exhausted, I am only one woman with a but I and some post it notes, followed by Horrific messages in DMs, then Jack's favourite distancing technique of 'who remembers panda pops? What shall I cook tonight? Here is a poll. Then an incident where our adorable smile pixie urchin gets into some hilarious little scrape.

Predictable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
But like others have said will this effect her case for libel, it doesn't seem to have harmed her or cost her money. Interesting?!
Only because her followers are thick and send her cash every time she rattles that tip jar.
This is the thing. If she was really struggling in lockdown she could have claimed UC. Did she? No. Because apparently going on UC would have caused Jack trauma. Good enough for other people but not a snob like her.

Then we had her crying because she was part of the excluded Rishi mate.

Where are all her pals? You know the ones she has nights out with. Sober nights out and they laugh until their ribs are sore? According to her. What does this twit do except fanny around on twitter?

She tweeted the other day that she gets daily rape and death threats. Fantasy island. She can sue someone for calling her a millionaire while getting rape and death threats every day? I know what I would be prioritising if that were happening to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Good. This shouldn't go away and will only help more people question how much she's earning and what good she has actually done.

Full article - https://archive.ph/3VcBf
Agreed. I'm always thrilled when she gets a big gig. I know it is annoying because she gets paid for shite but the more she's promoted the more exposed she is.
DKL for example. Gutting she was chosen over quite literally anyone who has ever cooked but magnificent that she couldn't hide behind carefully structured tweets. She was TERRIBLE at both cooking and presenting and her attempt at interviewing was beyond cringe.
She was shown up for being the nasty sneering bully she really is, especially going after people on Twitter. Also showed just how awful her cooking is and that she knows cock all about food.
This court case will be wonderful . Even if she won she would have to admit she hasn't paid tax and how much she earns.
Fox is unbearable but he's clever and got plenty of rich donors. He has nothing to lose and even though I'm loathed to say it, he's right.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
There as no companies house accounts for Cooking on a Bootstrap since 2019. In terms of tax payments, it's probably fair to assume none has been paid but we don't know. Jack tweeted (and deleted) it wasn't tax avoidance but disorganization. However as all words are interchangeable this might have meant tax or the accounts.

There will be fines stacking up. With the covid extensions and other things like furlough payments & loans, it's probably taking longer than expected to catch up with the late filings.

I expect to see the accounts submitted soon so they aren't blurring the pending court case. It's one less thing for Fox and co to talk about
Surely the burden of proof will involve her showing all her patreon income and PayPal income?? Does she really know what she’s getting into? Her entire USP is making slop for people in poverty, why would anyone NOT want to buy or use recipes that involve bollock sausages and rinsed beans?? She can’t drop her bank accounts in the Atlantic Ocean can she.
She simply cannot afford the exposure. Even if she wins, she'll lose. The other side will be able to say that it was an opinion and not defamatory or libellous, but she will have to show that she doesn't earn as much as the PM, and the only way to do that is to submit actual statments of her income into court.
The "making money from poor people" remark can be interpreted a number of ways, from taking actual cash from poors, to her LARPing as a poor person in order to get money....
My prediction is that there will be a flurry this week if people contributing to her legals, then radio silence from Jack as she reads through these threads and has a think about her situation. Then a statement about how she has to abandon her case because of bad mentals. This will probably provoke some fresh contributions from the squigs, so she'll be able to take a break somewhere nice.

Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.