Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Jack's origin story has a grain of truth, which is that she struggled after having her son. I personally believe the struggle was predominantly of the mental rather than the poverty-stricken variety.

But that, I believe, is where Jack and The Truth part company. My own speculative belief is that she fell out badly with her family due to quitting the fire service, and had some kind of tantrum where she insisted she would do it all herself and didn't need their help. That is where we get all the stuff about sleeping on the floor, sex work, unscrewing lightbulbs and SB only have one piece of bread and jam like Oliver Twist. Help was always available for her but she chose not to take it because she was aggressively playing the victim. Her going public and posing as a destitute single mum in the papers was all part of this aggressive, play-the-victim-to-make-my-family-feel-super-guilty plan - in my view. I base my speculation and opinions on my own experiences of what narcs are like. Of course once the story was out in the papers, it must have been terrible for her family as the implication amongst their friends and neighbours would have been that they disowned Jack and left her in poverty - which I absolutely do not believe to have been the case. Ditto goes for SB's dad.

I then think that Jack got the recipes gig off the back of that and wasn't expecting it as she never wanted to be a food writer but a political writer. I also suspect that she didn't realise the extent to which she would become a poster child for poverty. But the gig got going and she got offers, media jobs and relationships out of it, so she's just kept the facade going. In my speculative opinion. I don't think, personally, that she expected for it to go as far as it has and I think she'd just as happily leave it behind and embrace her genuine tory-lite middle class spendy hyper-consumer mean girl self, but she can't now. And so, here she is. And here are we.
Agree with this 100%.

I love it when she pisses off for a while. It means we have time to get the old receipts out. There’s so much for new fraus to know

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Jack Monroe is a lying liar who lies.
I have never seen her use a trigger warning - she weaponises her made-up experiences and throws her labels at everyone at every opportunity. She’s an absolute monster.
F00FAABE-4C14-469F-8471-D6143BD60A92.jpeg

Why not bleeping delete it and start again if you’ve noticed “half way through”? Or realise maybe you shouldn’t be writing it at all? UGH.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
I remember her tweeting that stuff at the time. It was awful. She basically told twitter where a man she claimed stalked her for years lived and Im sure the next day she claimed she was in a fugue state.

I personally think she’s a fraud who will embellish any hardship she’s been through for attention and cash.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I’ve been known to fling spinach in a pan of spaghetti for a couple of minutes before the spaghetti is cooked but I’m not trying to make a living out of being a cook. How she can call that a recipe is beyond me. Mushroom spaghetti spinach and onion?
If the pan you are using is small maybe ?
But the pan size is irrelevant- you just feed the pasta in as it softens. It takes no more time.

Reactions: 17
Jack Monroe is a lying liar who lies.
I have never seen her use a trigger warning - she weaponises her made-up experiences and throws her labels at everyone at every opportunity. She’s an absolute monster.
View attachment 1239234
Why not bleeping delete it and start again if you’ve noticed “half way through”? Or realise maybe you shouldn’t be writing it at all? UGH.
The worst part was this was released around the time of Sarah Everard and she tried to make it all about her

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
You're right - he didn't. She repeated this again quite recently didn't she? The programme where she alleged it happened has the transcript online and he said nothing of the sort. His general point was ideally people should not have children if they cannot afford to raise them. Jack took this as a personal attack, and later bizarrely claimed he said she should've kept her legs together. She didn't say he intimated that, but said he used those exact words 🙄
It sounds ludicrous because again, his politics aren't my cup of tea but whenever I've seen him on TV and even in fairly heated debate he is usually unfailingly polite and courteous. But I suppose that wouldn't fit into Jacks evil torwees narrative.

Reactions: 36
What kind of monster breaks spaghetti?
That's the least wrong thing she does with it. The cooking method is bizarre!

I realised ages after I used to make her CarBrieNara (which is actually quite nice) that I'd been ignoring her entire method, and just made my own up 😂 She suggests cooking the pasta in a similar way in that one too

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Can’t remember if this story has been mentioned previously but this woman seriously reminds me of Jack. The stolen stories, lies, inserting themselves into tragedies… Fascinating. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/greys-anatomy-elisabeth-finch-truth-lies
It really is amazing how similar these types are (reminded me of Scottish Jack too). Even the way they write / tweet - it's like they've all read the same handbook.
I had no idea that sitting in a writer's room had to mean mining your own trauma for 10 hours a day. I'm not entirely sure that's how it's meant to work, but that kind of practice definitely gives people like this the chance to thrive.
ETA when's part 2 out???

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The worst part was this was released around the time of Sarah Everard and she tried to make it all about her
Eeuww yes I'd forgotten that particularly ghoulish aspect.
And 'only realised halfway through' 🙄. I will look for her tweet previously where she said she was going to write a thread she had been planning for a while.
It was completely pre planned. Went down badly and she then pretended she didn't know what she was doing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
*Browsing the archive*
I was a smorgasbord of amused and furious
View attachment 1239164
There's so much self-indulgent, solipsistic bullshit dripping from this short extract that I'd be here all day if I attempted to parse it all. But just to pick out a few belters:

1. Is she trying to imply she's a victim of domestic, or other, abuse?
2. She regularly wears make-up. Indeed, she was in a Facebook make up group for some time.
3. No one thinks that wearing a duffel coat is the widely accepted external indicator of a dastardly criminal mind. No, not even in Southend.
4. How were the security guards in Wilkinsons or the supermarket meant to know she's a single mother?
5. Maybe the security guards are just ordinary working class men trying to do their jobs well, as opposed to evil gauleiters of Jack Oppression?
6. Jack, you are not the centre of everyone else's existence.

The Fake Victimhood is on another level.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.