Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @People-huv-tae-know kindly nominated by @Griftymcgriftface - nice one lads.

Hopefully I've done this right!

Quick recap: We had our own Pumble chaos (again) and no one will ever think of wimbledon without singing of the pumble (who is now sentient and lurking on the Threads)

Jack had a mini-break but we hardly noticed due to all the jackophants keeping us going recommending her terrible nutrient and calorie deficient slop to innocent foodbank users.

Please add more, because as a fellow writer like our Jackie, I AM EXHAUSTED BY NOT WRITING.

here is the last thread https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-296-over-cooked-under-cooked-pumbling-free.29549/liked

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Nice one @FlirtyThirty I have no idea how to make threads, I manage to muck up getting receipts (bring back the professionals please) so I know I'd end up creating some kind of chaos.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
While we're in the relative calm before the next chaos, could someone please enlighten me as to where "TOOT TOOT" and "she LEFT" came from? I know the latter is something to do with LJC breaking up with her but more specifically? I've been trying to figure this out for about six threads now 🤣

Not Jack-related but seeing as we're talking about Asian food, East by Meera Sodha is a really good book for anyone who wants to start getting into cooking it. She has a website with free recipes and a Guardian column too I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
While we're in the relative calm before the next chaos, could someone please enlighten me as to where "TOOT TOOT" and "she LEFT" came from? I know the latter is something to do with LJC breaking up with her but more specifically? I've been trying to figure this out for about six threads now 🤣
A few months ago she did a triumphant post about how she was living her best life despite all of her trolls. She ended it with TOOT TOOT. The cable was most amused.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I still can’t get over the insistence that no one thought of putting tinned fruit into a curry or mashing beans and shaping them into a burger before Jack.

Jack is actually at that level of solipsism that she seems to think that budget or store cupboard cooking didn’t exist before her.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Talking of Asda, they are looking to off load their petrol stations, and buying boots

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Not Jack-related but seeing as we're talking about Asian food, East by Meera Sodha is a really good book for anyone who wants to start getting into cooking it. She has a website with free recipes and a Guardian column too I think.
"She left" was a Jack tweet in 2020 when questioned about something on Twitter where LJC was relevant. Maybe childcare related? It was before thread 31, so late May? Obviously long since deleted. I consume way too much adult grape juice to remember the full detail...

Also I'm tired from writing this so I think an afternoon nap with the cat is required to get over it! I mean, my job is about as active as Jack's, so I know the score. Sitting round staring at a laptop is so physical

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I had to look up A Girl Called Jack on Amazon because I wasn’t sure if it was still in print. It is - so why has Book 2 vanished from existence?

Anyway, I then decided to scan through the one star reviews and they are a HOOT.
5FCBF508-205E-4F01-BD37-C9DC254658A9.jpeg
791D94AD-AFED-4BCC-9F3C-BC7ADEA79F74.jpeg

This is my favourite though:

1FCA5E8E-28F1-4304-8182-C1DE7204AA71.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
The toot toot origin tweet, with a reminder that there are still exciting projects in the pipeline, even though super saver April is now over:
IMG_20220501_134327.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.