Jack Monroe #293 Georgia Church Suppers, just like MamaPapa used to make!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @Griftymcgriftface congratulations, you have won an all expenses paid weekend away in the Georgia of your choice!

Wiki is the pink button for newbies. Please refrain from thread titling until the latter stages of the thread. Use the words 'thread title' in your nominations and don't use any bad words.

In the last thread:

Let's face it, the most important thing that happened in the last thread was that Jack listed her favourite Eastern European cookbooks, failing to notice that a book called Georgia Church Suppers was not in fact from Georgia The Country but from Georgia The State. She did not admit her mistake (natch), only deleted the original tweet and reposted it in the middle of the night with the offending book removed. She did mis-spell another author's name though. Nobody knows how this happened as she is always so forensic and accuracy is her flex.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
I’m really hoping her next book is called “Georgian-ish”

• Haha
Reactions: 145
Couldn’t get in there before thread closed!
AE5CE3F5-AE55-49A8-BCF9-9749AD285FA3.jpeg

Why self berate?
Georgia country, not state.

Why you not weep?
Fixed my Tweet while youse sleep

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 154
Fairtrade-sign-landscape-2-.jpg

In the previous thread Jack treated us to yet more pearls of wisdom.

Did you know if you turn an Easter egg box inside out...you can make a box, to put things in?

She posted her take on Stroganoff
708262D0-0B32-4F9C-A191-A13F8DD587A4.jpeg

why you scream
Stroganoff green

Jack has officially graduated from name dropping "OH" to name dropping her "partner" or "other half."

(Squiggles she's begging you, please just ask her about Harold. Jack is going to explode like a depression mozzarella if she has to keep dropping hints for much longer.)

The real star of #292 though was Jackie's decision to share her favourite eastern European cookbooks.

880FAAD4-CC3E-4615-9BB8-5F81EB2DE62D.jpeg

And by "favourite" she means "books she just quickly googled" which unfortunately for her meant that one of her favourite 'Georgian' cookbooks turned out to be a book about church suppers in the American state of Georgia.

DE2C42B0-C5AA-4CAE-9116-36DC16789043.jpeg

Huh, you'd think she'd have noticed when she read it. If only there'd been some sort of clue as to the book's origin, like say...the back cover.

81lRApm9cJL.jpg

Or, the contents of the book itself.
Screenshot_20220423-143704_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-120608_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-121133_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220423-121700_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220423-120924_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220423-121934_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Our very own patron saint made a comment on the situation

Screenshot_20220423-115515_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

and a few other squigs also chipped in.
1650660589570.png

After a bit of ridicule, the tweet was quietly deleted in the dead of night, with the mistake left unmentioned by Jack

Screenshot_20220423-143328_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

BEST. CHAOS. EVER.

ok just one more 🤣 love you canal ❤

Screenshot_20220423-144023_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 127
Proposal that all dates should be classed as B.G or A.G (before Georgia, after Georgia). 😝 Or simply GG (between two Georgias).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I've been trying to go about my business today, then every now and then I get the image of JM sadly picking her Georgian cook book up and moving it from her Eastern European book shelf to her USA one. Proper 🦉🍾 thinking of her seething face 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I tried all of the eastern European shops here and none of them stocked the Georgian speciality cheese "Velveeta" :(

I already had a can of chicken bits and ranch dressing all ready to try the dip recipe 😭

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 107
I've been trying to go about my business today, then every now and then I get the image of JM sadly picking her Georgian cook book up and moving it from her Eastern European book shelf to her USA one. Proper 🦉🍾 thinking of her seething face 😂
Howling. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Can somebody run up and fetch my kids out of the bath please because I very innocently nipped on to watch the new thread and this, I can barely type coherently through the giggles, has sent me.

"congratulations, you have won an all expenses paid weekend away in the Georgia of your choice!"

This will never not be funny. That is all.

• Haha
Reactions: 78
I wish Jack would look at some of the lovely food from Grenada, the home of one of my sons in law then recommend Cladia Roden's The Food Of Spain 🇪🇸

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
On a serious note do people remember back in the day when she only had to breathe to get nominated for awards. It’s not like that now. Hence all the chaos on twitter

On another note I had a look at the cheap broadband. I don’t have broadband right now. I have a very good deal on my phone but in time it might be useful for me. Mainly because I’m at uni.

I only looked at the virgin media one and it’s a good offer but you can’t sign up online. I imagine because you have to show evidence that you are entitled. And that’s fair enough. Except any time I have taken advantage of anything I can get because I’ve been on UC I’ve been able to do it online. And that’s better in my view. I’ve only ever got cheaper glasses and money towards training as I’m on UC. (Not complaining). But in doing both of these things I could apply online. Didn’t need to talk to anyone to do it.

Because it can be a hard thing to do actually phoning someone and saying I’m on benefit. Also. The savings are marginal. My last broadband provider was I think shell energy and I was paying 19.99. I would be paying 15.00 to virgin and I bet there would be a cap on usage. A lot of people would be better off paying the 5 quid extra particularly if they are online a lot

I’m currently as well just using my local library when I need to use a desktop pc. What I’m trying to say is that Jack is promoting this as absolutely brilliant when it’s probably not. I’m better off just now having no broadband and paying for unlimited data on my phone.

I’m with EE and on my last contract they sent me an offer and I ended up paying 20 quid a month for unlimited texts and phone calls and unlimited data too. Given that people on Uc must have a phone so their work coach can contact them it was better for me to ditch the broadband and get a good phone deal.

PS Jack. Corbyn wanted to give everyone free broadband

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I think the very funniest bit of it all was her declaration that a book she’d obviously never heard of, let alone looked at, was (checks notes) “an absolute banger”.

• Haha
Reactions: 115
I fear for Polish chef Damian and his suggested fundraiser with Jack. He has obviously made the schoolboy error of thinking she is some sort of competent chef. There is simply no way on earth she can cater for 500 people. She will only be an impediment. He will end up doing all of the work, but with added extra work and stress on top because she will do a multiple chaos. Don’t do it Damian!
It’s a shame cos he seems genuine. He has actually been involved in fundraising for Ukraine and delivering supplies to the country over the last few weeks. He also cooks for the local homeless community where he has his restaurant.
Whereas WTF has Jack done? I mean, actually done? Not invisible stuff like the Vimes Boots Index. Not recipes for gruesome calorie-deficient nutrition-deficient bowls of gruel costing 29p which no one in their right is going to cook. Measurable achievements? Anyone ..?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Oh good she's trying to be Northern Irish again. 🥴 Bet her accent is tit. It's quite a hard one to pull off loads of actors duck it up all the time.

Glad she behaved while I did stuff with my children. Carry on.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
I think she’s more likely to have howled and clawed at the cover, ripped off the spine off and thrown it across the room personally. (And then OH stood up and clapped and cheered)

Either that or with her tongue sticking out slightly she’s spent hours painstakingly writing the words “Traditional Eastern European” on every single page in front of every single recipe “Traditional Eastern European Buffalo Chicken Dip”, “Traditional Eastern European Slow Cooker Mexican Dip” etc etc (And then OH stood up and clapped and cheered)

*ETA I don’t actually think either of these really happened, because like duck does the lying smeg actually own (or has ever even seen IRL) that book

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
On a serious note do people remember back in the day when she only had to breathe to get nominated for awards. It’s not like that now. Hence all the chaos on twitter

On another note I had a look at the cheap broadband. I don’t have broadband right now. I have a very good deal on my phone but in time it might be useful for me. Mainly because I’m at uni.

I only looked at the virgin media one and it’s a good offer but you can’t sign up online. I imagine because you have to show evidence that you are entitled. And that’s fair enough. Except any time I have taken advantage of anything I can get because I’ve been on UC I’ve been able to do it online. And that’s better in my view. I’ve only ever got cheaper glasses and money towards training as I’m on UC. (Not complaining). But in doing both of these things I could apply online. Didn’t need to talk to anyone to do it.

Because it can be a hard thing to do actually phoning someone and saying I’m on benefit. Also. The savings are marginal. My last broadband provider was I think shell energy and I was paying 19.99. I would be paying 15.00 to virgin and I bet there would be a cap on usage. A lot of people would be better off paying the 5 quid extra particularly if they are online a lot

I’m currently as well just using my local library when I need to use a desktop pc.
Yeah but the Observer Food Awards start tomorrow. Bet someone nominates….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.