Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StringyMango

Chatty Member
Bollock sausage/ stuffing Inexplicable egg (not used for pastry wash)

Jackfruit and mushroom dust vol au vents

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Raver_Bear

Chatty Member
Said it before, but there really needs to be a roll-eyes reaction.
Ugh. She is revolting.
Again. Why is she so constantly exhausted? She does fuck all.
And if she actually does all this stuff (she doesn't) why doesn't she do it with a good heart? Not resentfully. Oh and respect people's privacy instead of spaffing their business all over fucking twitter to make herself look good.
Oh just fuck off Jack. You nasty, manipulative, poisonous individual. I hope she apologises to this squig.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
im young middle class - not much spare cash but not in poverty- and I love spaghetti on toast as a comfort food after a shit or late day at work.Bit of cheese and Hendos it’s amazing
Eggy bread and some spaghetti hoops takes me back to girl guide camp and it's what I eat if I'm in need of a little boost and cooking for one.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I would LOVE for this to happen!
View attachment 1211717
eta - forget to scribble the squiggs!
She would learn something about working hours if she did, but she won’t because tax dodging, committing fraud and scamming people does not win votes and she would risk being exposed. But she would rather sit on her Mediterranean arse and rake in the funds than actually work

• Heart

trueblue222

VIP Member
Our community pantry, stocked about 60% with FairShare stuff, has a £1 voluntary payment for 2 bags worth of shopping (including actual meat & household items). 99% pay the pound because it's a dignity issue; they want to have done the shopping (not had a handout). But its voluntary (there's literally an unobserved tin by the door) because the idea that somebody won't have any bread because they can't charge the 20p you're charging for a free item is beyond heartbreaking.

ETA: as per an earlier point too re: benefits, the majority of our customers are working people / pensioners, who have found their incomes no longer provide what they need.

Also;

Firstly, she's done a disservice in this thread to Foodbanks by suggesting she had a parcel of rubbish & had to use her own genius to create 'a soup' out of it - when Foodbanks specifically offer a parcel which will create 3 days worth of meals.

Secondly, everyone should report that tweet (as mentioned earlier). It goes against all guidelines and good sense & decency, and is pure self-indulgence.

As others have shared, I also had a 4 year period of work-affected depression in my early twenties; which resulted in a near miss at ending my own life. However, whilst I share that in total anonymity here, I've only ever told three people about that; my counsellor, my wife (who I didn't even know at the time) & my Bishop (as I felt I couldn't, with integrity, go forward for Ordination without having talked about this with them). I could never dream of burdening friend & family with that information - several of whom were aware I was struggling & were offering incredible support. I would also never want others, who may well be struggling, to hear that and feel enabled or emboldened some how. It is certainly not something to wield specifically as a points scoring exercise.

I'm not prone to anger, but I really wish I could do more than simply report that tweet at the moment. I feel incredibly angry. She has potentially endangered lives, in order to get a few likes & possibly ward off any potential critics (or the tax man). It is indecent, and immoral.
Your community pantry sounds brilliant. I only wish there was something like that near me. Not for me as I’m no means rich just now but I’m doing ok but there should be one in every town in the UK as far as I’m concerned

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
There's a lot more to her twitter thread - she goes on and on and on - but my screenshots are always so large I don't want to spam up the thread.

• Haha

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Isn't is so of expected a big rich supporter or campaigner if you will giving it back to the people who need it. I am not getting to to the working for free that's her own issue you don't work for charity for the money Hun. You do it because you want to help. Stop being selfish. No one asks you to do anything for free you choose too. If it bothers you so much not being paid hit up the job centre and get s proper job. Ugh!

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Also I was never one for it because it actually suppresses my appetite but loads of people at uni used to cook random shit a 2 am and declare it the best ever.
this was usually after the latest student bender though.

• Sad