Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly can’t believe someone who was so judgy about meat eaters that she called a chapter ‘contraband’ has discussed eating eels and has suggestions for venison paté.

No judgement for meat eating peeps from me, here, just Jack.

Reactions: 26
But she is trying her best

Reactions: 11
What exactly is a red flavour ? Spice I presume? This just shows her fans knowledge is almost worse than hers
Red Peppers? Chopped tomatoes? Paprika?!

This really explains to me how jack has fans and sells books. It makes so much sense now.

Omfg just make a bolognese style dish!

I had to stop reading the tweets I'm about to hurl, the eel did it for me
Ohhhh I must confess I LOVE eel but I do feel bad about it because they are very fascinating and mysterious creatures. I respect them but I also think they’re delicious

Reactions: 15
from an anonymous stranger, well done to her.

Reactions: 29
I think they’re also on the endangered list? I might be wrong, eel sushi is amazing though

Reactions: 3
I had my gallbladder whipped out years ago, wasn't fed in hospital but that's another story. Anyway couldn't tolerate spicy food for a while, so a chilli minus the beans and chilli, how fucking hard is that? I still can't tolerate kidney beans though so I use black beans. I do this all on my own too, suppose I should starting writing the first of my many cookbooks who are these people and why can't they use google
https://giphy.com/QVxeI5qhmlXAkqaAro

Reactions: 21
You'd think she'd remember that vegans don't eat honey - given that she was the most vegan of all vegans.

To the the person asking - make miso soup? I know it's out there and totally maverick, but that's how my weird little brain works.

Reactions: 34
Let’s not drag Allegra down Jack.
Now, I'm not suggesting I had any influence, but earlier today I posted that all Jack's relationships seem to end suddenly and dramatically - Jack apparently leaving Allegra during a school term, thus struggling to get her son a school place,. And now she is tagging Allegera.

Reactions: 13
All Grunka’ed up, finally!

Is she including the costs of a cheese grater, sieve, slow cooker, enough electric to power the thing for 90 hours a week, 3 freezers, Hellman’s™️ branded condiments, and a double door American style Smeg in this £15 per week recipe recommendations?

Reactions: 30
God this is terrible advice - soy sauce and miso? Absolute saltiness overload! Also miso lasts for ages it’s bloody fermented for crying out loud

Reactions: 21
Is she tagging her because we've all said she looked her most happy when she was with her, maybe she has realised what she lost.

Allegedly.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.