Jack Monroe #281 OH who cares?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Emmapism

Please remember no thread title nominations until the tail end of the thread and add ‘thread title’not ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Tucking into my post work snack of an oh so fancy, all butter, croissant (Woolworths own brand) and patiently waiting to see how Saver Squad goes! I wonder if she'll be patrolling Lorraine's Twitter afterwards, like she did on DKL?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
OH is it Saver Squad day? I genuinely hadn't realised. Thanks for new thread Silver. Hoping I can keep up in real time today 🤓

Reactions: 22
I keep thinking it's Friday because last time saver squad was on a Friday and I get an occasional wave of disappointment when I realise it is Wednesday.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Lorraine starts at 9 am on ITV.

Let's hope Jack is on at 9:10 rather rather than 9:50 😐
So glad it’s pre-recorded so we don’t have to see the back of our own skulls repeatedly as she moans about getting up at 2am having only had 14 minutes sleep after preparing for 7 years for a 5 minute slot.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I'm sorry but I cannot watch Lorraine. There are some things that even I won't waste my time on. Lorraine sets my teeth on edge. She is so disingenuous (oooo I called Lorraine a liar on SM) I have watched her in the past though.

One day she was reviewing a film with a colleague and they said the film was rubbish. Next day the star of the film was on and she was fawning all over them saying how much she enjoyed the film. She's another person that cannot be trusted to be honest.

I will keep an eye on here and switch it on when one of you Fraus gives the heads up.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
I'm sorry but I cannot watch Lorraine. There are some things that even I won't waste my time on. Lorraine sets my teeth on edge. She is so disingenuous (oooo I called Lorraine a liar on SM) I have watched her in the past though.

One day she was reviewing a film with a colleague and they said the film was rubbish. Next day the star of the film was on and she was fawning all over them saying how much she enjoyed the film. She's another person that cannot be trusted to be honest.

I will keep an eye on here and switch it on when one of you Fraus gives the heads up.
I watched a dunblane documentary a few years back and that was when she was a young reporter. She seemed genuine and did a great job for the families at the time. But I agree now she has been spoiled by fame and will just do whatever it takes to be popular.
I think I will take my ‘break’ when Jack is on making that awful curry again. Just think you could make tomato soup, hummus and peaches for dessert with those ingredients.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
At least it will be edited. So fingers crossed it's half decent..

I hope my mother in law watches and makes a comment- she defo watches these morning shows as mentioned the other day making a curry that Nisha(sorry not sure if I have spelled this right as not quite sure who but know she was discussed on here) made.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm looking forward to the read-along with some screen shots of whatever cleaning rag she chooses to wear as a jumper.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Jack's going to regret not sorting her website out - it's just been linked to as tip 16 in Martin Lewis's 90 ways to survive the cost of living email. Click on it and it takes you straight to botulism pesto.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
Opened my Money saving expert email just now . Number 16 on 90 ways to beat the crisis is to use Jack's website for meals costed to the penny which may help. I guess inserting yourself into conversations on Twitter has a pay off. Fraus I may have sworn. In the upside am I right in thinking the current new old who ducking knows websites incarnation is an unmonitised one and sadly won't generate any revenue .

How anything priced from five yrs ago is going to be accurate when stuff is going up week on week. Ten pence Mr Tescos bean and sausage have gone up ! One of the few things Teenage son has the patience to cook when I am trying to sleep after a nightshift. I have a pre teen and teen boys they are bottomless pits. I leave lists on the kitchen door of suitable snacks/lunch if I'm working during consecutive nights in sschool holidays as they are quite capable of eating everything in sight and tend to eat all the cereal and bread.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Just switched the TV on in time to catch Ranvir-not-Lorraine plugging Jack’s slot!

I’ve blocked out some time in my calendar so none of my pesky work colleagues can set up any meetings or try and make me actually do any work during that time. The joys of WFH!
I wish it was live with Eamonn again so he could comment on how exotic it is.

did it give what time she is on?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.