Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Jack, get in touch, I will lend you the money to buy the shitty run-down shop in the far north of Scotland. It will be hilarious, and I look forward to your next Guardian article, "Online Tory Trolls Tried to Kill My Scottish Dream - But I Had the Last Laugh".

I broke down in tears as I told kindly old Mrs McGregor about my years of severe poverty in Southend. I could see from the lines in her peasant face that she understood my plight, and by the time I had explained that I used to eat weetabix with water, she too was blubbing into her threadbare apron. Even stoic Donald the sheep farmer shed a tear underneath his flat cap. As I came to the end of my tale, Mrs McGregor enveloped me in a haggis-scented hug. "Dinnae worry, lassie," she said. "Up here ye'll never be wanting for jam wi' yer toast. Hamish, play us a merry tune on yer bagpipes tae cheer up oor wee southern pixie!"

At last, I was home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

Emmapism

VIP Member
Could call her parents to be guarantor on a loan but couldn't tell them she was doing so poorly she needed to use a food bank. Okay. Sure. Okay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

RosaLamp

Hello there. (Very) long time lurker here. I have been following along owl champagning for the better part 2 years!

I am constantly shocked at her lack of self awareness, in particular her complete lack of awareness of her privelege. To do her "work", one must already have access to childcare, money, a home, because the income is so unsteady. So many people truly struggling, on zero-hour contracts, in minimum wage jobs, and don't get to ask twitter to give them money. It makes me feel sick.

Anyway, the reason I've finally posted, is about the tax thing. I like the fact that this place is somewhere to go to openly discuss influencers and any morally dubious behaviour etc. And I don't want it to be seen as merely gossip, so facts are best. So, that being said, it is possible to still submit a tax return without submitting accounts to companies house. These are two separate things. You can submit your self-assessment separately. And for a limited company, although you'll need some sort of profit/loss data, tax can be calculated and paid without (or before) submitting your accounts to companies house. Bookkeeping software can even do it for you.

Basically, we've got no idea if tax has been paid. But we do know how disorganised she is and the fact that the limited accounts are very late to companies house (accruing late charges) is not a good sign.

Thank you for listening. And I'll go back to my lurking as I never have anything witty to say!

• Heart
Reactions: 93

Shawads

VIP Member
I want to speak up as an invisible chronically ill Frauen.
I have a fluctuating painful debilitating conditioning which sometimes allows me pockets , windows of time where I can partake in stuff, I can lift things , move things,see people and celebrate stuff.
For every action, there is a reaction.
it has taken me a million years to learn this, sometimes I will do what I want to because I can't get help, I want to despite knowing it will cause me damage and sometimes underestimate how long I will pay for it after.
I try to factor in Social or fitness event when I have nothing too taking either side of said event.
Very many people observe and snipe.i have support workers at home because I'm falling apart without an extra pair of hands.
I am not proud of my fluctuating condition, how it impacts on me AS A parent, a staff member, a friend, someone who was a big part of our community and music scenes.

It's extremely depressingly to give into pain it's beyond damaging to hear how people speak about chronic invisible pain as cosplay and grifting.
I hear it all around me and sometimes understand why people choose to make their illness more visible with sticks etc .
I use aids at home but my ego won't Allow it outside whilst I can get away with it, other than a hideous trolley.
I despair when I read posts slating cock Monroe's fluctuating conditions.
She may overegg it and the nuerudiversity stuff but equally she could just be a very shit advocate using her platform poorly
Jack if you're listening, research your conditions and EDUCATE, make it easier for healthy people to understand our limitations, our good days, where we can win the world, our bad days when all we can do is sleep and cry and despair of our friends who critique our management of our multiple conditions.
Use your platform for good, not just bullshit about hair day, shit taste clothes and sandwiches
Bring in experts to talk about lived experiences.
Signpost. *Help people*!
Even lady gaga uses her platform to educate on chronic illness.
Be a pal jack, people listen to you for whatever reason

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

colouredlines

VIP Member
"Hello Mr Dentist, I have chronic toothache. Can you help?"

"No, sorry, chronic toothache day was the one day of my five-year training I was off sick. Nothing I can do for you. Have a nice day!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
It's a very special day today, cable...

It's my cat's 22nd birthday! 🥳🥳🥳

Please don't send fishos as he doesn't like them.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone! ☘

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
So over the last week that's arthritis, respiratory problems, allergy to Cooper, detachable knee, a chunk of lip bitten off and too many teeth. I'm now running a sweepstake on which ailment will be next.

Lights OFF 2/1
The absolute classic, you know it, you love it: standing on glass 15/1
Return of the shortest longest long COVID 25/1
Any form of arse drama 10/1
Prostate trouble 25/1
Phantom limb pain 30/1
Whatever LJC has, elevenerifed 15/1

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I know it’s a shop and it’s obvs in disrepair but it’s always a bit ick when ppl in London & the South East commuter belt do these Twitter threads on how “cheap” all this ✨twee gorge property✨ up north or in Wales/Scotland is? Like no shit hun it’s cos all the investment and infrastructure came down here to us??? So guess what the impact was on local economies and communities?!

Mb if I had a blue tick I’d go on James O’Briens show to discuss this form of nu wave micro colonialism idk

• Heart
Reactions: 83