Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member

I don’t know if anyone else follows Dr Grande on YouTube, but he does excellent videos where takes a well known crime or event and breaks down the psychological aspects of it. In the video I’ve linked he’s talking about the Jussie Smollett case but his wider theme is an examination of the victim narcissist. It instantly made me think of our smol pixie, it almost feels like a psyc evaluation of her rather than a general description.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Feck

Chatty Member
I've never heard of it as a racist term, nor as a word for sandwiches. I've only ever heard of the martial art by the same name!
I've also heard it as a martial art. Never as sandwich slang. In fact, I think there are Brazilian restaurants by that name down here 🔺️. Either way, I would just say sandwich 🥪 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13

ChactFecker

So over the last week that's arthritis, respiratory problems, allergy to Cooper, detachable knee, a chunk of lip bitten off and too many teeth. I'm now running a sweepstake on which ailment will be next.

Lights OFF 2/1
The absolute classic, you know it, you love it: standing on glass 15/1
Return of the shortest longest long COVID 25/1
Any form of arse drama 10/1
Prostate trouble 25/1
Phantom limb pain 30/1
Whatever LJC has, elevenerifed 15/1

I'd like to wager ten thousand Great British Pounds on Phantom Trans-Testicular Cancer.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hope he wasn't too harsh, Whereas ignorance is not ordinarily a good enough excuse, historical colloqialisms and regional variances can be forgiven IMO (and I'm one of those who could actually take offense)

And whilst I'm at it pseudo-offending everyone who shouldn't be offended on my behalf, anything goes for comedic purposes. And stereotypes do actually exist for a reason.

ETA: sorry I might be just a tiny bit tipsy 😜
Fear not, he was extremely polite. 👍 He didn't want her to come to the UK office and not be aware of the connotations.

Reactions: 11

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Oddly enough, Mr Knit mentioned this word a couple of weeks ago - first we've ever heard of it used with regard to sandwiches. He was in Dublin when a younger person in the office announced the xxxxx run. If he had Jacksie's teeth, they would have fallen out. Needless to say, he had a quiet word. Apparently, it's quite commonly used there. 😳
I don't like the word either, but.... this song is a banger (and the house remix is even better) - and

Reactions: 7