Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

encore

Oh no!

I was going to post in support, but wasn't sure if it was breaking any rules.

Thought it was quite a clear, factual post imo, don't think any of it would take too long to verify. Not sure I understand the mod's argument, but there we go. I follow r/discworld but haven't posted, so seems I wouldn't be welcome to the debate either.
I'm just hoping people saw the info before it was taken down and it shifted some people's minds

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Grunking from 3 threads ago - what a week it's been a while since we were at a thread a day.
Can everyone slow down now though - I've been BUSY and can't keep up!

• Haha
  • Heart

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
I didn’t watch GMB at the time either, the link to the interview is here (2:19 in total.) No mention of toothpaste but it does seem part of a slightly longer feature…

I’m sure she mentioned toothpaste in a different talking head though. I want to try find it 🤔
I did see that clip but not the full piece. So it was the same day as the Twitter screeshot but still before it.

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
And yet despite this, in the complete absence of any evidence to the contrary, her fans continue to promote the idea that she's working every hour God sends to eradicate poverty
Because she encourages the lie - when she's got their full attention, after the prolonged break, she's very clever to come out with all the "haven't slept, been awake for 36 hours" etc..

• Heart
Reactions: 21

TraceyJacks

Chatty Member
Yes, her mate did them cheap and she had a job before and they’re shit anyway
Its on her insta!
Haha yeah should have known it was buy one get 2 sleeves free at the parlour that day. Hope she disinfected that puddle muck off the tattoo needles.

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Anecdata, but when I got my first sheep in 2016, a 20kg sack of ewe rolls was £5.70. It's now £9.50. Other farming costs have gone up similarly and wool is down to about 30p a kg, so we lose about £1.20 for every sheep shorn.
Silly question if the price of wool has dropped, why hasn’t the cost of wool products dropped also?

HansThatDoDishes

Chatty Member
Tax Fraus - apologies if this has been mentioned before but would money she rakes in from her various tip jars be given to 'Jack Monroe' or 'On a Bootstrap' - i.e. are they two separate entities tax-wise? (Jack as an individual/employee/freelancer vs Jack as a company) And would she be able to get away with not declaring any of these (e.g. if it comes through F&F on PayPal etc)? I know there'll be a rule about how you should pay over a certain threshold, but would anyone actually check? If it's already been answered could you link me... funnily enough it's hard to search here for tax, tip jar etc with Jackie!

• Heart