Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Despite seeing no one for over 72 hours I have a sore throat and very much feel sorry for myself. Feeling blessed there's no Jack in my life to try to feed me flavourless soup, but could go for her having a chaos for entertainment. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Feeling nostalgic for the good ole days of the Sunday Shop. Waiting with butterflies in our tummies to see what absolute magic the princess of pov was going to work with a measly 20 pounds for the whole week. Would she get tuna?! Packet of biscuits?! The flatlay pic of it all on the dining table and - ahaha - the hilarious pics SB would take of her taking the flatlay pics! ❤

She kept it up for a gargantuan amount of time too, a whole 5 weeks or something wasn't it?
Jack is BUSY, don't you know, she is gently, carefully polishing spoons

There are some strangely pertinent giphys when you look up polishing spoons

Sorry for including a
granola post

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
How is this even remotely helpful if she isn’t actually telling them how to make it - i have a feeling the average squiggle needs a little bit more guidance on making rosti. And please, for the love of LJC, do not put chunks of celeriac in mac and cheese or as a replacement for roast potatoes 😭

ps my advice would be to slice it into matchsticks and make some kind of wintry slaw with shaved apple and fennel, mustard vinegarette and lots of herbs

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The switch thing also made me feel a bit sad for SB, after what she wrote about his presents it sounds like she infantilises him and chooses gifts based on what she wants him to have rather than what he actually wants.
I had a bit of a windfall a few years ago (muddy puddle) and I wanted to invest it into something tangible rather than just absorbing it so had bit of work done on the house , had our first family holiday (minibreak - crappy bungalow vibes, she LEFT, arthritic hands etc ) out of the UK and for Christmas that year I treated the kids to a games console.
In my youth I'd been a massive gamer but hadn't picked up a controller in probably 20+ years.
I didn't want to get it wrong so did my obsessional style research and lots of the switch reviews was that it's a more suitable console for younger kids and has limited appeal for them and kids would grow out of it quite quickly (my kids are similar age to SB 🔺)
So I bought an Xbox based on the reviews (kicking myself ever since that I didn't get a PlayStation so I could play too 😂
So I wonder if he was given any choice in the console? It may be that he asked for it but most kids of his age that I know would definitely have asked for PS or Xbox
Interesting, my grown up kids have a switch, and loads of kids at the secondary school I work at have them too to in addition to other consoles. I didn't realise they were meant for younger kids.

Reactions: 21
"Fold into" is one of my most hated Jack-isms. Somewhere between "That'll do" and "Nnnngggghhhh." Folding is a specific technique used in baking to gently combine light and heavy ingredients, it isn't a catch-all term for slopping stuff together. head.

Also interesting to see her praising the Pinch of Nom (another word that makes my teeth itch) writers when there's been quite a few allegations of them plagiarising recipes...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
"Fold into" is one of my most hated Jack-isms. Somewhere between "That'll do" and "Nnnngggghhhh." Folding is a specific technique used in baking to gently combine light and heavy ingredients, it isn't a catch-all term for slopping stuff together. head.

Also interesting to see her praising the Pinch of Nom (another word that makes my teeth itch) writers when there's been quite a few allegations of them plagiarising recipes...
I hate the word "nom" too. Since when did "yum" become "nom"!??*

*Since I got... older. That's when

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
It’s Roadsidemum asking about celeriac? Argh! It’s a cross thread situation! @Wooh where’s she got all the celeriac from? Bet the kids flush it down the loo/set fire to it/adopt it as a pet or some other droll highjinks

• Haha
Reactions: 59

They're quite fond of the old lawyering up trick too. I don't think they have a very good reputation, beyond their devoted followers, who seem blind to it. Bit like Jack then really!

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.