Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once bought some trousers on ebay and the seller offered to add another pair for £x and combine the postage. I imagine similar happened here. They weren't chucked in for free, rather a smaller additional fee.

Or even if they were free an extra 2 boxes free is a little more likely than and extra 7 or whatever the numbers were.

I actually did try to find the listing, so kudos to the poster who did! I've no idea how to search sold listings. I wonder if the seller had the other spoons as another listing?

Reactions: 22
I once bought some trousers on ebay and the seller offered to add another pair for £x and combine the postage. I imagine similar happened here. They weren't chucked in for free, rather a smaller additional fee.

Or even if they were free an extra 2 boxes free is a little more likely than and extra 7 or whatever the numbers were.

I actually did try to find the listing, so kudos to the poster who did! I've no idea how to search sold listings. I wonder if the seller had the other spoons as another listing?
Alas not. The listing was for seven boxes.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Soz, didn't mean to create a mini thread chaos. As it seems there may be more to the squig uprising than meets the eye, I'm happy to ask a mod to delete the screenshot if it's inappropriate?
I don't really catch your drift but if someone irl told me about an impossibly implausible eBay purchase I may well be driven to have a nose myself.
Wrt to them throwing in extra stuff for free, what they appear to have 'thrown in' extra is just the scales sets, everything else she's shown is what's in the original ad !
She's such a prune choosing such an easy to disprove story 🙄

Reactions: 24
The fact that the seller set the postage at £45 shows they have some ebay savvy, the seller pays a % to both ebay and to PayPal so anyone naive who lists an actual postage amount for postage will be taking a hit in their profit. Also they did say free collection. I doubt they thought it would sell with postage.

Eat I’ve sold some old tat stuff for other people and I’ve said “there’s another one of these if you want, for free” just to get rid.

Reactions: 39
Oh I get you, I sometimes feel the same but my go to is retro/rare videogames and books as you say. My house is cluttered but I've made a promise to myself to sort it out and am actively sorting my debts from my drug/booze issues/total financial mismanagment from when I was younger. Am on a waiting list for an ADHD assessment but that can take forever so I'm just doing the best I can til then and I'm on meds that really help in the mean time. Hope you don't have to wait too long for help

Jack is just the performative disingenuous version of what a lot of us are or may be going through.
Thanks for sharing this, sounds like we have similar history, am also on wait list for ADHD assessment, following noticing traits in my kids and then seeing how similar we are and how much I relate to some of their difficulties.
I'm sure alcohol/ substance misuse plays a big part in undiagnosed adhd too

• Heart
Reactions: 31
A name truther here - eBay used PayPal up until very recently & even now I think you can check out with PayPal? I couldn’t even change to my married name that tit is like welded into place, how is she using random names?
I celebrated my 17th wedding anniversary last year by finally changing my PayPal to my married name 🤣. I did look into it back in the day but wasn’t up for sending my marriage certificate to Seattle. But now they just wanted me to upload scans of cert and ID…

It was actually harder to update my security stuff on another account as the contact details they had were so pre-pandemic….our home phone no had changed and the alternative no was ringing away in an empty office building during lockdown…..

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm resisting counting my spoons but I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's the usual amount.
Another useless shawads factoid, a member of my extended family was well known for playing the spoons in a local pub 'back in the day'

• Heart
Reactions: 25
eBay sellers are odd, I remember buying something hard to get for my son and I lost the bid, so I moved on and just by chance found another one. The next day only for the eBay person to message me and say the buyer had pulled out and that I was now the winner. I told her I had purchased it elsewhere so no longer needed it and she got all arsey with me. I was like pet, I didn't win it so I moved on....honestly some people.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Tiffany's has a silver feeding spoon on sale just now for £195 ! It's a man on the moon. Some people must have more money than sense, for forks sake.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
eBay sellers are odd, I remember buying something hard to get for my son and I lost the bid, so I moved on and just by chance found another one. The next day only for the eBay person to message me and say the buyer had pulled out and that I was now the winner. I told her I had purchased it elsewhere so no longer needed it and she got all arsey with me. I was like pet, I didn't win it so I moved on....honestly some people.
This has happened to me too. I wondered whether the seller had another account they were using to bid against me in order to try and increase the price (I’m not sure how likely that is) but they contacted me within an hour with a second chance offer which I declined because I didn’t trust them.

Reactions: 30
I saw this and instantly thought of our Mackie. Why hasn't anyone done an exposé on her?
I take it this is just ripped from tiktok or something? That's how 'journalists' do 'journalism' nowadays. God forbid they actually do a bit of research themselves.
In other news, I had a Jack day today. Went for a GIFTED haircut and got before and after* shots done for their insta. Wonder how many likes it'll get 😂

*also during - they actually took a video of my hairdresser chopping off all my hair because I haven't been to get it cut in literal years and it was appallingly long, so the vast majority was chopped in one fell swoop 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I take it this is just ripped from tiktok or something? That's how 'journalists' do 'journalism' nowadays. God forbid they actually do a bit of research themselves.
Yes. Perhaps a squig will bring us some joy and do a video exposing her lies, and the MSM will pick it up that way.

Reactions: 20
We have to do a tiktok or something, it's the only language these reporters understand!
I didn't think WE were supposed to do anything though? Doesn't that break the rules? I've never actually interacted with Jack or RSM on social media which are the main threads I follow on here.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.