Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for advertising your hoard of minging cutlery Jack. I'll be over in the morning on your stolen pushbike to pilfer it. Currently I only have seven spoons which are all perfectly clean so I could really do with at least a hundred more in varying states of decay.

What was that restaurant she described as being really romantic and intimate in a familial way that she went to with LJC? The one that had clinical white tablecloths and the tables were so close you were practically sitting on the laps of those at the next table? Don't worry, I looked it up myself to answer my own question. It's Vasco and Piero's of course, home of the famous cauliflower budino. Of course Jack likes it, they have a tampon pineapple decoration.

1642181125641.png

• Haha
Reactions: 49
4 desert spoons, one of which is at work, 4 tea spoons, a wooden spoon, a plastic serving spoon and a metal slatted spoon.

So 11.
I asked Mrs. B. She said ‘I don’t bleeping know, most of them are in the dishwasher or under eldest’s bed’ 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Between LJC going to see Mary Poppins recently, and then all those spoons, I couldn’t help but think of this.
spoonful of slop sugar is my earworm now.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
There's a girl on TikTok that makes beautiful rings from old spoon handles, probably makes a killing. There ya go Jack, money spinner for ya (involves some skill, talent and actual work though 😬)
That reminds me of Hairy Growler who makes gorgeous jewellery from old coins like shillings and farthings. I think he has done some spoons too. For years I thought his name was Harry Growler, then I thought that he called himself Hairy because he is a beardy bloke. Only lately have I realised what it really means 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
ok, without knowing how many have been salvaged from mr kcc's colleague, we have

12 teaspoons, 7.5 dessert spoons (handle broke, still could be useful), 1 soup spoon, 3 serving spoons, 4 slotted spoons, 3 wooden spoons, 1 ladle and 1 mustard spoon

32.5 spoons and you can never find the one you want!

eta I also have a teaspoon and a dessert spoon at work and mr kcc has a teaspoon at his work, so 35.5 spoons so far

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
On a grunk, the Alice Evans threads sucked me in for a while….

just wanted to say my delight at @heretoreaditall2019 ‘s beautiful excel exposé was tarnished by the sight of those bokey old spoons.

It has given me a new court outfit idea though…( hope none of yiz has beaten me to this….)
1642185416853.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Urgh so much grunking. My motherthread has done a chaos as well.
Ok 4 teaspoons, 4 big spoons, the giant big spoon and fork for tossing salads, 6 plastic measuring, one wooden slatted, one giant plastic and 1 ladel (came in a pack from Ikea) 3 mismatched cheapo teaspoons from a pack from the poundshop, which used to live at work.
She needs help.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.