Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dunno why I'm asking but... Was there ever any follow up to comic kitchen? Even a callback, let alone some form of explanation?
At the time she said there was a super serious and logical reason behind it but wasn't ready to say any more other than some vague mentions of "security" and "protecting her family." Then a few weeks later she was accusing people of stealing photos of SB and posting them here "for their own nefarious ends", knowing full well what her followers would infer from that wording. It was a really strange time, even by Jack's standards.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Nope. Nothing. It went the same way as many of Jack's projects.
Thanks. That one was properly left field. The antistalking claims, the use of a #gifted veg box to create nothing but sadness, the sheer absurdity of using a comic filter on dishes you've cooked when food prep and presentation is your fricking JOB. Real wtf stuff that period.

At the time she said there was a super serious and logical reason behind it but wasn't ready to say any more other than some vague mentions of "security" and "protecting her family." Then a few weeks later she was accusing people of stealing photos of SB and posting them here "for their own nefarious ends", knowing full well what her followers would infer from that wording. It was a really strange time, even by Jack's standards.
Lol, snaaaap! Glad I'm not alone in viewing that as particularly bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It was just another oddity in the grand year of disturbing social media use. Then LJC was recaptured and it was just average level lies and lard gravy.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Can I nominate that or is it too early still?

Average level lies and lard gravy

Could be the title of LJC's tell all book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Too early!
Your crime has attracted a punishment. You must now watch all comic kitchen videos in the next 24hrs. Oooft.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Ah well. I appreciate your genius.

Pls help are these #gifted tongs zero spoons, one spoon or two spoons?

I just looked at the twitter spoon activity and I know life isn't exciting right now but some of those squigs need to get some sort of hobby.

Not being able to make it through the day without checking for updates? On someone unboxing cutlery?!

Using the word phenomenal to describe some teaspoons? Really? What would seeing the milky way up close be if a couple of souvenir tatspoons qualify as phenomenal?

Getting a valuation on them or going on the antiques roadshow? Have none of them ever been to a gift shop or is it somehow only the places I visit that do spoons, thimbles, pens etc?

Even if that cake slice was somehow worth significant cash monies because it's secretly the love child of the Wimbledon silverware and a chalice from Westminster the breathless suggestion re putting it in a display case is... Peculiar?

As for opening a museum, give me strength, seven boxes of mysterious and slightly manky utensils do not an exhibit make. I'm assuming they weren't excavated from a dig site what with being RLNI branded and whatnot, probably not of grave historical relevance.

Also I had those scales in the purple box when I was at college. Guessing they're not worth thousands seeing as they were #gifted to me by a fellow teen, and I just assumed they were for weed, don't seem too practical for measuring flour and whatnot.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s bad isn’t it. The endless chopping, the thumbs up.
Fish finger lasagne is the ideal way to sneak veggies into your child’s tea without them complaining. They will be busy boaking 🥕 over the soggy breadcrumb casing which will have separated from its frozen fishy cargo, mmm the sweetness of the leeks and butternut. It’s a real money saver, you can get the requisite 20 fish fingers for mere pennies
Didn’t she also reveal she had ambitions to become a mime artist, after peering into the vag bag & coming up two thumbs up. Bizarro.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I blame Sidey B. for leading me down this path with her YouTube link, but had we seen this? If you get past the cringe of the second sentence I *bet* you shout ‘Thread title* at the same point I did.

Uggghhh, ‘accidental minor media personality’, presented with an exaggerated squirm like she finds ‘fame’ (lol) so embarrassing, but she couldn’t hide the smirk. Think they call it duper’s delight.
Noticed she introduces herself as British - was this from when she tried to break America? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I blame Sidey B. for leading me down this path with her YouTube link, but had we seen this? If you get past the cringe of the second sentence I *bet* you shout ‘Thread title* at the same point I did.

Omg I hadn't seen that before 😬 Utterly cringe. The hesitant shy looking at the floor wriggling has caused multiple flashbacks to all her other disastrous media appearances.
And I don't get the point of it anyway? People kept talking about her weight (I bet they didn't) so she makes a video - to talk about her weight. And the 'gotcha' at the end. My innards died a little for her 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She sounds like she has a peg on her nose all the time. It has an awful nasal quality, rather like Janice from Friends and she always sounds wavery like she's about to cry. Not a voice for TV. Thank goodness she decided she wanted to take a break from TV so we could all be spared it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I found the page and I'm here giggling to myself
I don't think I appreciated at the time how bleeping bizarre Comic Kitchen was since I was blinded by rage at the constant plink plonk of the music (save for an inexplicable break to listen to her heavy breathing). The best part was when she left in 17 seconds of attempting to get two cherry tomato halves off the chopping board before apparently scraping them in with her phone. 🐨-🍵 content.
What a tit recipe.

Basically fry marrow, onion and tomatoes in hot oil for 30 seconds before adding passatta.

The veg wasn't even browned, the onions would have had no chance to caramelise and release flavours.

No flavourings or seasonings at all.

"I'm not a railway, you can't bleeping nationalise me."
Too bad you're not a railway because otherwise we would be able to decommission you and sell your parts for scrap. What a clip.
Thread title nomination here.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Dunno why I'm asking but... Was there ever any follow up to comic kitchen? Even a callback, let alone some form of explanation?
I vaguely remember her talking about mime being her favourite form of comedy not too long before she did comic kitchen, and thought she'd tried to do that. Then she said she was doing it for security reasons. It was weird, whatever the reason!

I'm alone at work and just fully hooted at that. Thanks for cheering up a very dull day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
ah, that was the one that brought me out of lurkerdom all that time ago 👵

rest assured, we've all seen it. from the threatening sharpening of the knife to the layering of the fish fingers all within a comic filter for "security reasons" with the accompanying plinky plonk muzak

I remain astounded that the comic kitchen lasted multiple days
Oh and the icing on the cake of that fish finger lasagne was when *someone* created a thread about it on mumsnet to go 'Oh my god, this is amazing, has everyone seen this?! It looks so tasty I'm definitely going to try this, Jack Monroe is a GENIUS' or words to that effect, and all the Mumsnetters were like 'Are you joking???' before coming to the conclusion that the poster was one of Jack's sock puppets and the mods zapped the thread.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

Hope this was pre-pandemic and she wasn’t stockpiling all those bog rolls when no other fucker could get any!
Also: the amount of towels 😲

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh my Christ I'd forgotten about the mime stuff. It's too early in the day to be cringing this hard

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.