Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why she's using alcohol free wine when a. she says that it tastes like crap b. it probably shouldn't even be in the house at this stage of her you-know-what and c. she says that brewed tea is a good substitute.
Chicken cooked in cream cheese and tea?

The Reynolds Girls were wrong, I'd rather Fleetwood Mac.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Cream cheese in a chicken casserole? I'm a vegan myself but the ways of the carnivore are not totally unknown to me - do people put cream cheese in a chicken casserole? Sounds kind of gloopy.
Gousto recipes quite often have cream cheese in their “creamy chicken” dishes, I presume because it’s simpler (and uses fewer pans) than having to make a béchamel. Given Jack’s seemingly unending struggle to make an adequate béchamel I suspect she’s taking the technique on board.

I’m baffled by this non-alcoholic wine in cooking thing - just don’t use it? Use stock instead. My mum doesn’t drink as she’s never liked the taste and until I was a grown up cooking for myself I never had wine in food and it wasn’t hugely missed tbh. My friend is Sikh and observant to no alcohol and he just doesn’t use a recipe if it calls for wine or stout or whatever as there are plenty of recipes which are perfectly adequate to use a different liquid? It’s bizarre. It’s almost like it’s a chance to assert that she’s still on the wagon. Which - if last time is anything to go by - suggests the mamapapa may protest too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
but...it's not even 5pm??
time is of no importance when you have no job but the money keeps rolling in anyway.

mildly OT, but the level of detail Jack and many others give on their SM accounts is so dull. since when did we have to document even the most mundane tasks such as giving the kitchen a clean or listing old clothes on ebay?! is the need for validation from strangers so vitally important that every day tasks need to be celebrated? oh, i just cant deal with this woman*.
* apologies if me gendering Jack is offensive to anyone; it wasn't my intention and i didn't know about non-binary/trans wishes made by Jack until they were mentioned a couple of days ago. I'd have been mortified to have misgendered someone but it seems she is content to be referred to as a woman - at least thats what i think i've read.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I don't know why she's using alcohol free wine when a. she says that it tastes like crap b. it probably shouldn't even be in the house at this stage of her you-know-what and c. she says that brewed tea is a good substitute.
It was all a fugue state dream (unless we get photos).

• Haha
Reactions: 20
time is of no importance when you have no job but the money keeps rolling in anyway.

mildly OT, but the level of detail Jack and many others give on their SM accounts is so dull. since when did we have to document even the most mundane tasks such as giving the kitchen a clean or listing old clothes on ebay?! is the need for validation from strangers so vitally important that every day tasks need to be celebrated? oh, i just cant deal with this woman*.
* apologies if me gendering Jack is offensive to anyone; it wasn't my intention and i didn't know about non-binary/trans wishes made by Jack until they were mentioned a couple of days ago. I'd have been mortified to have misgendered someone but it seems she is content to be referred to as a woman - at least thats what i think i've read.
Her pronouns are getting children fed, or something

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Cream cheese: a more affordable substitute for butter in mash for those who cannot afford butter but can push the boat out for cream cheese?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That casserole just sounds foul. All ingredients that I like individually, but together? Bleugh.

Sad to see depressed Jack is back, less than a week after telling the world her depression was over. Maybe the date ghosted her?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I RENTED a bunch of times, and never once did I have permission to decorate, most wouldn't even let you hang a picture.

How does her LL put up with it?

Reactions: 36
no need to justify the cost of ANYTHING in your house. you don't go on the beg for money for nothing; i'm sure if you're liable to pay tax then you do, and as such, the value of your coffee maker is of no business or concern of anyone on here.
Exactly, you make your own money, ya do what you like with it. She loves to do the whole ‘poor people deserve nice things’ bit, and yes they do, but not if that money is given by begging under false pretences.

Reactions: 33
Cream cheese in a chicken casserole? I'm a vegan myself but the ways of the carnivore are not totally unknown to me - do people put cream cheese in a chicken casserole? Sounds kind of gloopy.
No. She's made a tit chicken pie filling.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
My shower curtain (Asda's finest) is quite similar to that wallpaper. Do I need to have a word with myself? :(
IMO it's nice to have cheerful shower curtains it's just I'm a bit weird about wallpaper, I like it luxe.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Now I think about it it’s extremely similar to a meal we had in a box last week…

05F11B5E-880E-4A6D-9B7C-A033B1A958CF.png
E3AD2012-0061-4493-861D-197B06F6AA64.png

I know there’s nothing new under the sun and I suppose she doesn’t need Gousto when she has Ocado but it’s telling of just how much she lies and lies and lies about everything that this thought even passed through my brain.

(I feel officially like I have transcended a class boundary in becoming someone who can order recipe boxes. Wish there had been a teacher who had derided my working class background so I could passive-aggressively send them my order confirmation email: “See? SEE?! You said I’d never amount to anything but now someone measures out my herbs for me!”)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Her degree is going well then. Must be well on her way to a third doctorate by now. Those tassel baskets are vile btw. They look like something a snake would appear out of if you played a flute near it but with frumpy accoutrements. It gives off strong hot air balloon basket vibes as well.

Also it's bleeping CANNELLINI you gormless bean-rinser. C-A-N-N-E-L-L-I-N-I. Two Ls, for Louisa Left.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.