Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, no. I can’t comment as Sue Grey is looking into it but I missed the first part of the squiggle’s reaponse. I take full responsibility but will I resign?

I SHAN’T.
I am going to make an exception to my general loathing of fake news to allow this one not to bother me, because the post is so 👩‍🍳💋

• Haha
Reactions: 37
So have just done an estimate on her revenue for 2021 - this isn’t straight forward but please bear with the explanation of it and as you read the bullets look at the table to help visualise! Excel phobic fraus pls join us on this journey and rest assured we will guide you through it!

So we factually know how many subscribers she had per month - what we don’t know is which payment tier they’re on or the platform fee Patreon are charging her. There’s also more complex tit like annuals get discounted but I see that as going in the vague estimate of avg monthly sub?

Because we don’t know these two we can take a look at a range of values and decide the assumptions that fit for us. So along the columns we’re applying different patreon fees, with 12% being the very highest according to their documentation and I’d assume for the big boys raking in tens of thousands a month?

Along the rows we have different avg subscription values, from the absolute minimum of £3.50 up to a hugely generous £20.00.

So let’s run through some scenarios:
* The absolute bare minimum she’d have received last year is £10.7k, assuming everyone is on the cheapest tier of £3.50 and Patreon are charging their highest fee of 12%
* Moving along the blue row you can see how a change in rates would effect her take home, if she’s on the cheapest rate of 2% she takes home £11.9k
* Going all the way up to the most £££ assumption that the average sub is £20 per month, this would mean taking home £61.2k - £68.2k per year.
* Personally for me, I think the truth lives somewhere in the grey. I think her audience are affluent enough that an avg sub of around a tenner makes sense and I’d imagine that she’d only be subject to minimal fees, so a take home of £25k - £34k from this makes sense.

View attachment 986002

Ps can we pls discuss how ducking annoying the ads are when trying to do a long post????
I think I love you. I adore a well laid out, well formatted Excel doc. Anyone who says they don't like Excel is a lower class of citizen imho!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
So have just done an estimate on her revenue for 2021 - this isn’t straight forward but please bear with the explanation of it and as you read the bullets look at the table to help visualise! Excel phobic fraus pls join us on this journey and rest assured we will guide you through it!

So we factually know how many subscribers she had per month - what we don’t know is which payment tier they’re on or the platform fee Patreon are charging her. There’s also more complex tit like annuals get discounted but I see that as going in the vague estimate of avg monthly sub?

Because we don’t know these two we can take a look at a range of values and decide the assumptions that fit for us. So along the columns we’re applying different patreon fees, with 12% being the very highest according to their documentation and I’d assume for the big boys raking in tens of thousands a month?

Along the rows we have different avg subscription values, from the absolute minimum of £3.50 up to a hugely generous £20.00.

* The absolute bare minimum she’d have received last year is £10.7k, assuming everyone is on the cheapest tier of £3.50 and Patreon are charging their highest fee of 12%
* Moving along the blue row you can see how a change in rates would effect her take home, if she’s on the cheapest rate of 2% she takes home £11.9k
* Going all the way up to the most £££ assumption that the average sub is £20 per month, this would mean taking home £61.2k - £68.2k per year.
* Personally for me, I think the truth lives somewhere in the grey. I think her audience are affluent enough that an avg sub of around a tenner makes sense and I’d imagine that she’d only be subject to minimal fees, so a take home of £25k - £34k from this makes sense.

View attachment 986002

Ps can we pls discuss how ducking annoying the ads are when trying to do a long post????
How is she getting away with this? Cross and bothered here.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

View attachment 986002

I am in awe of your skillset

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
ETA remember when she “accidentally” streaked across the room in just her socks and “bubble buddy” LJc was on a work zoom?
And when Jack was working from home doing DKL Louisa sat quietly in another room but got lambasted on Twitter by Jack for WATCHING TV thus being the reason the smol pixie's live link was tit. Apparently.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

View attachment 986002

Thank you for making it clear and easy to read.

So it’s fairly reasonable to think her rent is fully covered by Patreon subs. Madness

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Did we know that Jack lost the full use of her hands at the age of 29 😔. How is she going to manage without Caroline-with-the-hands?

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 11.42.24.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
I do feel a bit for LJC as in I could perceive that it’s possible she got “caught up” in the Monrollercoaste, and so did things or knew things, that she might have been ok with otherwise. Jack can be very manipulative just on SM so I can only imagine the gaslighting and boundary-erosion behind the scenes.
ETA remember when she “accidentally” streaked across the room in just her socks and “bubble buddy” LJc was on a work zoom?
MY EYES IN MY IMAGINATION!!! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Fortunate enough to get her basic needs covered so she can devote the majority of her time to activism *. I would have thought the minimum her patreons deserved was a monthly update of what she had been doing. So many people advocate, volunteer, fundraise in addition to working a job to pay the bills. What a gift something like this would be to them.
* I am not saying this is what she is doing, but this is what her donors think is happening, don't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thank you guys, doing it was super interesting as there’s just SUCH a range depending on what assumptions you feel are most probable to be true.

Our monthly updates have most recently gone on the bare, bare minimum she could receive based upon two known facts - the lowest tier is £3.50pcm and the highest platform fee is 12%. Once you start challenging those assumptions it gets really interesting! And the fact we’ve got a matrix to review means we can consider all scenarios - we’re not lying and saying it’s definitely xyz, we have our floor value and we could calculate the very unlikely ceiling value and we know that a number somewhere between that range literally is the truth no matter what Jackie wants to say.

Also ty for the compliments re making it legible 🥰 that really means a lot as our education system needlessly dissuades half the population (who don’t leave school with a pass in their maths GCSE!) from engaging with numbers for the rest of their lives so I am big on stakeholder engagement/adoption as an ✨ethos✨ x

• Heart
Reactions: 74

View attachment 986002

A) this is the kind of content we are here for. Facts, backed up by actual data. #deductionoverinductioneverytime (sort of).

B) If she is bringing in this much (over £20k) every year for doing pretty much nothing then her shouty tweets mean even less. Why are we the only ones who care?

Everyone else: ALPACAS 🦙

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
You think that someone who was ‘military around the edges’ and a ‘single parent’ would know the important role public school can play for children in these families.

Reactions: 31
I’m constantly amazed/appalled at the willingness for people online to tell others to ‘duck the hell off’ especially when we all know Jack would avoid any and all face to face confrontation. Especially blue tick people who want to be slebs like Jack.

Reactions: 42
duck the hell off! Another one to add to Jack's repertoire of charming sign-offs.

She LOVES to threaten people with libel doesn't she? Was this soon after the Hatie Cockpins trial and her "100% success rate"?

I genuinely don't know how she has the gall to moan about her charmed life when she rakes in so much for doing absolutely nothing. Especially knowing how bad some of her followers have it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I love how she always says she works 10,000 hours+ a week so when you divide the big figure salary by all of those hours she's on less than the living wage.

Babe, you haven't worked 80 hours in total in your whole adult life. Passive income based on your poverty narrative is essentially legal fraud. Now duck OFF.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
How is she getting away with this? Cross and bothered here.
True confessions time: It is very easy to set up something like this because you feel fuzzily warm and sympathetic to someone on the internet who has made you laugh, or said something you agree with, and maybe seems to be having a hard time and then sort of forget about it, even if they do send you regular email updates which you end up not reading, but the monthly payment is just at a level that you don't consciously register (even if it is set up as a recurring payment on your impeccable personal finance excel spreadsheet). It's something Tattle has made me have a long hard look at! I still have a few Patreon/Substack subscriptions because some people (hello there Trifle D) genuinely provide excellent content, but I've also cut back on a few where I thought 'poor little them' and have since realised that they are probably just rolling in money and giggling. (Not Jack)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I love how she always says she works 10,000 hours+ a week so when you divide the big figure salary by all of those hours she's on less than the living wage.

Babe, you haven't worked 80 hours in total in your whole adult life. Passive income based on your poverty narrative is essentially legal fraud. Now duck OFF.
Jack counts every moment she is awake as 'work'. Some when she's asleep too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.