Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much makes me angry about Jackie gal, the throwing away money in over- priced furniture for a crappy bungalow when she has a son has to be top of the list.
I truly will never understand even with the excuse of ‘ I thought we’d be together forever’ bullshit of a relationship’ when she has lost everything time & time again the ONE thing I’d make sure of is my SON had a home.
FFS how many bedrooms has that poor boy had.
He's had 17, 18 or 20 depending which interview you read 😆. Add his father's, grandparents x 2. I'd say 23

OR

About 5 in real life!

My draining board is on the right and I am left handed, ( never noticed or cared before today) life's so unfair! Discrimination in my own house.
Let me see if I can match a draining side story. I'm a left hander, too. During lockdown I sorted not my kitchen but my workload processes and. Man, I'm actually boring myself, dont worry about it.

(I wish I had a little 50gram pack of Whittakers chocolate. It's perfectly packaged to feel like a real treat and a perfect size, not big, not too small)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Kind of sad, isn’t it, that Jack wants to keep dining out on a seven year old anecdote, harking back to a time when she thought she was going to make a success out of being, well, a lefty gobshite campaigner with a social circle of Guardianistas. The food thing was clearly the backup plan.
The food thing was only ever an accident, she made it very clear on the Radio 4 food programme that she saw herself as a political commentator first. Arguable she is even worse at politics than she is at cooking though? And hard agree @Nottonightbabe that in kitchens space doesn't matter as much as what you do with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
My point being that if you sell within your fixed term 2/3/5 years in my experience then the bank will give you financial penalties.
Currently going through this and have made many a spreadsheet 😂😭 the charges tend to lessen as time in your fix progresses, so if you’re in a 5 year fix it might be “only” 2% of your remaining balance in the last year, but 3% in last 2 years, 4% last 3 years, etc. It’s not telling you not to, it’s just more money to sell up but considering interest rates have continually gone down the last few years if you’re still at a high LTV (eg not in the last few years of a 30 year term) getting on a better product will enable you to recoup/actually save money over the rest of your mortgage term. It is just a tit pill to swallow and yet another cost to endure lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Her food is not my cup of tea, but her beginner As level at best knowledge of politics is ridiculous. Her research seems mostly based on her say and biased media accounts, most of her own knowledge is based on biased fist waving anger of why haven't I got what they got?! None of it is helpful or useful.

To understand politics you have to grasp and understand both sides regardless of how you feel about it and make a sensible decision on what needs to be done moving forward. Anger, ego and self appreciation and are not useful( hence why the current parliament are useless)

Parliament needs to stop the he said she said and actually address proper issues and learn to work together to make a workable system in which the people and the system and work hand in hand.

In recent years the constant mud slinging from all sides has resulted in the real neglect of what's important.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don't think she's bought a house, and I don't think she ever will, unless she bags another wealthy partner. She pisses her money away and can't budget for tit 🤷.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I do feel a bit for LJC as in I could perceive that it’s possible she got “caught up” in the Monrollercoaste, and so did things or knew things, that she might have been ok with otherwise. Jack can be very manipulative just on SM so I can only imagine the gaslighting and boundary-erosion behind the scenes.
ETA remember when she “accidentally” streaked across the room in just her socks and “bubble buddy” LJc was on a work zoom?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
This tweet has really wound me up. Yes, Eton is an exceptionally privileged educational establishment and there are a very high proportion of individuals who went to that school who are currently in the higher levels of our government.

However, there are three points that I think need to be made (sorry if this comes across as teachery but she is fecking clueless)

1. there are more exclusive and expensive schools than Eton out there. There are plenty of individuals from these schools in the higher echelons of society but because she knows ~precisely~ nothing about education she never name drops them and doesn’t realise the impact they have on our society.

2. Eton doesn’t just teach wealthy boys from the SE. It does a huge amount in terms of assisted places- in 2019/20 90 students paid no fees at all. I am not defending it here, but she seems to think that it is entirely made up of one demographic and it simply isn’t.

3. Finally and most importantly, she has a nerve writing those words when she went to an all girls’ grammar school. I am not going into the research surrounding the outcomes regarding all girls’ schools but her school was hardly an RI academy.

I do not agree with the way independent schools have widened the education gap over the last two years. But the way Jack naively writes about Eton from her privileged grammar education is just wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I do feel a bit for LJC as in I could perceive that it’s possible she got “caught up” in the Monrollercoaste, and so did things or knew things, that she might have been ok with otherwise. Jack can be very manipulative just on SM so I can only imagine the gaslighting and boundary-erosion behind the scenes.
ETA remember when she “accidentally” streaked across the room in just her socks and “bubble buddy” LJc was on a work zoom?
I do not remember that. YIIIIIKES.
Yes, LJC was an enabler and all that childish stuff with moving books about in Waterstones and hiding That Man's books was pitiful , truly pitiful for someone her age and intelligence. I think you're right about her being caught up. Once the initial rush had worn off she was in a sticky spot with a volatile person - was probably quite tricky to extricate herself, and in fact even when she did she had to put up with months of Jack acting out for her attention and God knows what else 'off stage' so to speak. Behind the scenes, to coin a phrase!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I do not agree with the way independent schools have widened the education gap over the last two years. But the way Jack naively writes about Eton from her privileged grammar education is just wrong.
Babe, same x I know people who work in the private education sector (🔺️) and yes there are many privileged children at that school getting unfair opportunities. But there are also lower middle class kids and second gen immigrant kids whose parents have sacrificed everything to get their child into that school - remortgaged the house, working two jobs each etc etc. Because the state schools in the local area are diabolical and they want to give their children the best opportunities. No cushty state grammer schools in almost all areas beyond the south east of England.

It's something middle class people do a lot.Feel like they can be vocal about how unfair private schools are while simulatenously ignoring the privilege they had growing up in a postcode that got them into a state school where teachers turned up, stabbings weren't rife etc etc.

Jack (and many others) just can't see nuance.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Babe, same x I know people who work in the private education sector (🔺️) and yes there are many privileged children at that school getting unfair opportunities. But there are also lower middle class kids and second gen immigrant kids whose parents have sacrificed everything to get their child into that school - remortgaged the house, working two jobs each etc etc. Because the state schools in the local area are diabolical and they want to give their children the best opportunities. No cushty state grammer schools in almost all areas beyond the south east of England.

It's something middle class people do a lot.Feel like they can be vocal about how unfair private schools are while simulatenously ignoring the privilege they had growing up in a postcode that got them into a state school where teachers turned up, stabbings weren't rife etc etc.

Jack (and many others) just can't see nuance.
She's tone deaf, my sister went to a grammer school. She still remains humble and kind despite that, as mentioned we were poor but my sister's grades allowed her into the school and my mum a d dad saved all year to pay her fees.

Everytime she writes about Eton old boys etc I just resentment. She hates the fact that she had chances that she pissed away. Similar to now with her digs at her colleagues for doing better than her.

She cannot stand that she has to work at life and her rage increases when others overtake her because she gets distracted by stupid mundane things.

Hi, my draining board is to the left, k bye.

-no other useful input right now other than Jack is a t.w.a.t.
Honestly read this as my draining board LEFT. Bye.

I thought gosh poor Clemmie.

Hi, my draining board is to the left, k bye.

-no other useful input right now other than Jack is a t.w.a.t.
Honestly read this as my draining board LEFT. Bye.

I thought gosh poor Clemmie.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Remember when LJC LEFT (first time around) and all her mates were buying her presents like “you are amazing and strong and if you can’t love yourself etc etc” - silent implication: do not go back to that narc. Their groans when the situationship was resumed with the bubble buddy performance were practically audible.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
So have just done an estimate on her revenue for 2021 - this isn’t straight forward but please bear with the explanation of it and as you read the bullets look at the table to help visualise! Excel phobic fraus pls join us on this journey and rest assured we will guide you through it!

So we factually know how many subscribers she had per month - what we don’t know is which payment tier they’re on or the platform fee Patreon are charging her. There’s also more complex tit like annuals get discounted but I see that as going in the vague estimate of avg monthly sub?

Because we don’t know these two we can take a look at a range of values and decide the assumptions that fit for us. So along the columns we’re applying different patreon fees, with 12% being the very highest according to their documentation and I’d assume for the big boys raking in tens of thousands a month?

Along the rows we have different avg subscription values, from the absolute minimum of £3.50 up to a hugely generous £20.00.

So let’s run through some scenarios:
* The absolute bare minimum she’d have received last year is £10.7k, assuming everyone is on the cheapest tier of £3.50 and Patreon are charging their highest fee of 12%
* Moving along the blue row you can see how a change in rates would effect her take home, if she’s on the cheapest rate of 2% she takes home £11.9k
* Going all the way up to the most £££ assumption that the average sub is £20 per month, this would mean taking home £61.2k - £68.2k per year.
* Personally for me, I think the truth lives somewhere in the grey. I think her audience are affluent enough that an avg sub of around a tenner makes sense and I’d imagine that she’d only be subject to minimal fees, so a take home of £25k - £34k from this makes sense.

D6044736-DD3E-4AD9-A2A1-343F0E8DAE7C.png

Ps can we pls discuss how ducking annoying the ads are when trying to do a long post????

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 106
Remember when LJC LEFT (first time around) and all her mates were buying her presents like “you are amazing and strong and if you can’t love yourself etc etc” - silent implication: do not go back to that narc. Their groans when the situationship was resumed with the bubble buddy performance were practically audible.
imagine how relieved all LJC's friends were when they realised they were no longer obligated to invite jack to parties. Give her one wrong look and you might end up being the villain in an anecdote on her blog in 5 year's time!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Noooo. It turned out to be fake news because I am tit at catch-ups. Everyone should revoke their reactions immediately.

😳
No, no. I can’t comment as Sue Grey is looking into it but I missed the first part of the squiggle’s response. I take full responsibility but will I resign?

I SHAN’T.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.