Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We're draining-board-right because the boiler is to the left. We also have a mental IKEA dish rack thing that I hate and my husband loves, so I just scowl at it bitterly every day because that's the price for marital bliss.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
We're draining-board-right because the boiler is to the left. We also have a mental IKEA dish rack thing that I hate and my husband loves, so I just scowl at it bitterly every day because that's the price for marital bliss.
We have a kitchen bin that's the same as your dish rack. It's a recent purchase by Mr F and it opens when you wave your hand over the top of it. He loves it. I swear it's Talkie Toaster reincarnated. I only have to look at the damn thing and the lid buzzes up. 'Would you like to throw something away?' Yet when I want to empty the hoover into it, it tried to close with an entire dust collection chamber still halfway inside it.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I'm way behind because I'M BUSY! So apologies where this lands, just popping in to say I'm counting draining boards today and more importantly, checking positioning, for the cable.
I have SIX house valuations and will update on my findings tonight.
You're welcome.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
If we need to stay angry and focused we count.

Remember that.

We were there during the great chair counting of 2021 and sometimes- hang the F on, GRANOLA ? . Squiggle, I love you so much. You have mentioned the unmentionable, crossed the streams and brought the Holy Grail to her attention.

My work here is done. Off to live a simple life of Hinch threads and Alpaca YouTube videos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I don't own a house (I RENT) so please tell me if I'm wrong - do you need to wait a certain amount of time between buying a house and then selling it? For some reason I think you need to wait around 5 years but I'm not sure where I got that info from (maybe just from my maverick brain)
I've always wondered if she secretly bought a nice house but cosplays not having money. I know we've had a friend of a friend of the landlord on here before but I still wonder
Most mortgages stipulate 6 months. You generally have penalties for early redemption of anything up to 3 years. The house isn't on recent sold prices on rightmove, so she hasn't bought it.

ETA just realised you said bought A house....which yeah obviously she could have, she hasn't bought the crappy bungalow though, unless it was within the last 3 months and completion price hasn't been updated on the Title register

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
On house selling - another consideration if you happen to buy and sell houses without owning them for very long is that HMRC will suspect you are actually trading as a property developer and instead of being tax free as your main residence any gains will be taxable as trading profits.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Would love to know what her angle is on the house situation. 'Stuck' in a contract (bollox) but wasn't so long ago she was wailing/crying/shitting/screaming about an accidental for sale sign being put in the garden forcing SB and her onto the streets (more bollox) and how much she loved the place and wished she could buy it.

Is she annoyed that she has a stable house situation or...? Constantly making out that the bungalow is too small for her needs as well, but she never actually does anything bar move things around the house for social media content. Genuinely baffling.

Reactions: 41
Something I should have said earlier in these threads but didn’t:
Every time one of you comments in uppercase, words such as
IM BUSY
SHE LEFT
I RENT
I have a wee giggle. These little moments don’t get enough credit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
But didn't she describe that as 'the tiny desk at the end for recipe writing'?
This has reminded me of when she sat at a smol desk, pens in pocket for some performative bullshit last year. (I may be misremembering the pens but I was 🦉 🍾 at how ridiculous the set up was)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Stand down.

Wrong granola. Cinnamon one is where it is at.

Hinch is boring anyway. Alpaca videos have nothing on 🔺 an H and M pleather shirt with puff sleeves.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
She really does make life hard for her, what doesn't she just set up direct debits to pay her bills, it might mean less tat during the quiet months but she's got enough of that

Reactions: 23
Meanwhile, LJC's insta story is her in her 'Happy Place'. She's only at a bloody Mary Poppins show with someone who's NOT JACK 🤯

Ooooo the shade 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Without wishing to cause a chaos surely the thinking behind the bit on the right of her sink is that is where you put the dirty dishes that are waiting to be washed up?

For the counting fraus I too I have draining board on the left and I'm right handed - somehow it doesn't bother me?

Reactions: 20
Cue Jack leaping into her Mary Poppins cosplay and firing off some ‘come hither’ selfies. Not many people know this, but she’s quite partial to a dress-up selfie! (Lol).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Meanwhile, LJC's insta story is her in her 'Happy Place'. She's only at a bloody Mary Poppins show with someone who's NOT JACK 🤯

Ooooo the shade 😂

I wonder if that why she hates the Tories so much.

Someone moves on, suck it bo
Jo

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.