Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do say this - it’s not a law but it’s a rule of thumb to recoup any of the costs of buying, also it does raise questions why you’re leaving so soon but considering the last 2 years it’s happening more often. Also they generally say any cash you invest in anything should be held 5+ years to ride out any market perturbations lol.

I couldn’t believe she didn’t own either, but after 2 years of witnessing her excessive consumption can fully believe it! 😂
I bought my first house at 22 (>20yrs ago) and since then have bought/sold a few times. Didn’t know this, and always assumed you couldn’t/shouldn’t really sell in the first few years simply because of fixed term mortgage rates.
My point being that if you sell within your fixed term 2/3/5 years in my experience then the bank will give you financial penalties.

Reactions: 21
Incredible craftsmanship Sidey B, have you considered mass production and selling them framed? I choose to believe you had already made that at some previous point in time and now you're thrilled you finally have an opportunity to whip it out for the cabal like a tit in diva.pdf.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
View attachment 984808
(Four days later)

Talking about mixing bowls :
View attachment 984810
9113F883-82BE-4831-B8DA-CE786691507B.jpeg
Yawn 🥱. You can find them in the muddy puddle also known as TK Maxx. Often red labelled too for clearance.

Oh and my draining board is to the left, my mums is to the right. Can’t remember about other places I’ve lived. I do hope someone is keeping a tally given our love of counting.

ETA: I’ve now got ‘Stuck in the middle’ as my ear worm:

Draining boards to the left of me!
Dishwashers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with sinks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
That’s a very good drawing, I hope you asked his permission.

Where’s your other hand?

WHERE IS IT?
My other hand is FURLOUGHED! Plus, two hands AND Pythagoras would just be like asking to be triangulated!

Incredible craftsmanship Sidey B, have you considered mass production and selling them framed? I choose to believe you had already made that at some previous point in time and now you're thrilled you finally have an opportunity to whip it out for the cabal like a tit in diva.pdf.
Dammit you’re right! I’m still waiting for a chance for the conversation to take exactly the right turn to whip out my miniature cardboard Eamon Holmes 🗿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Oooh, forgot to add draining board info! It's on the right. My mother redid the kitchen a few years ago (it's awful) and there's space for a dishwasher, but she has a deep hatred of them so the bins live there instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I wonder if she has little doll versions of her and SB that she uses to make up her STDH stories.

Jack doll: Here SB, I made you a sandwich with old kale and bread made in the air fryer
SB doll: thank you mamapapa. Nom nom. It’s the best ever. Mamapapa, why do people vote against their best interests?
Or spoil their vote and then Moan about it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Sidey B, that is a cracking Pythy G 👍

Re subsidised food, I had a friend who worked in finance, specifically the stock market. They had subbed food but also champagne which was cracked open on the office floor during working hours if they had a particularly profitable day. My friend found it weird at first, but it's the culture in the city. However a lot of people feel pressured to drink too, especially the new starts. So it's a toxic culture and still the with sexism too.

Also re houses, one in my area sold a few years back but went back on the market 3 months later and was sold at a loss. We've never found out why but there has been speculation about haunting, witness protection and anti social behaviour.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I’m having an existential crisis, apologies Sidey B, I love your cardboard Pythagoras however
that triangle doesn’t have a right angle
🤣 I’m so sorry! To you and poor Pythagoras! The angles clearly weren’t on my side.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
Had a feeling that she wasn't right.
I weigh more than kilograms ninety three
I'm so scared that she'll triangulate me
Dishwasher to the left,
Draining to the right
Here I am washing in the middle with you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
Had a feeling that she wasn't right.
I weigh more than kilograms ninety three
I'm so scared that she'll triangulate me
Dishwasher to the left,
Draining to the right
Here I am washing in the middle with you
Weird ear worm to go to sleep with.

Annoyingly I'm wide awake and thought it prudent to mention, I am also left handed. I shared upthread deets ref my kitchen sink / drainer set up. I can't work out if life would be easier if my drainer was on the side of my most dominant Russell brand 🙏?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My draining board is to the right my dishwasher which I don't use (I am with your mum @Cookiecookie I think it makes the dishes smell of wet dog) is on the right of the draining board. My sister had a lefty draining board but it felt all wrong. I like the sound of a double draining board - fancy!! Anyway time for bed now I'm BUSY tomorrow with work (you should try it Jack) and my head is hurting thinking about all the places I have lived and the set up of the draining boards 🤣😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.