Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you not hear? This one was a new one she bought when she booked DKL, because she always gifts herself something fancy with her earnings/book advances. Not an oven though, it’s not like she cooks for a living or anything.
Yes because apparently you can sell fancy stuff on when you find yourself in poverty again.

Apparently Southend has a robust second hand market for skanky old designer clothes that have been sitting around for years in bin bags or second hand fridges, perhaps with fish still in freezer department. Who knew? Of course, this is the place where people will buy second hand dinosaurs and lightbulbs so eh.

#Jackonomics

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The Red Dwarf books are apparently good if anyone hasn’t heard of them (like me till about a month ago when my husband started reading them!)

Just had a quick check over on her Patreon. Latest post is still the one she posted on 23 November 2020 entitled 'Discount Code for November!'

I know a lot of people here feel sorry for her patreons. I don't share that sentiment. If you are rich enough to not care or notice that a monthly fee gives you nothing in return, you deserve a non-existent beige postcard. Just wish those people would donate to an actual charity instead, given they evidently have enough disposable income.
Is it one of those things where you have to sign up to see all the posts? Not that I’d expect Jack to do much but to not update since Nov 2020 is terrible!

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I don't own a house (I RENT) so please tell me if I'm wrong - do you need to wait a certain amount of time between buying a house and then selling it? For some reason I think you need to wait around 5 years but I'm not sure where I got that info from (maybe just from my maverick brain)
I've always wondered if she secretly bought a nice house but cosplays not having money. I know we've had a friend of a friend of the landlord on here before but I still wonder
They do say this - it’s not a law but it’s a rule of thumb to recoup any of the costs of buying, also it does raise questions why you’re leaving so soon but considering the last 2 years it’s happening more often. Also they generally say any cash you invest in anything should be held 5+ years to ride out any market perturbations lol.

I couldn’t believe she didn’t own either, but after 2 years of witnessing her excessive consumption can fully believe it! 😂

Reactions: 31
I want to see the smol cardboard representations of her furniture she calculated the dimensions of and then laboriously crafted with her poor wizened arthritic hands. Wait... is this the daily Pythagoras application?! 💡

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Did you not hear? This one was a new one she bought when she booked DKL, because she always gifts herself something fancy with her earnings/book advances. Not an oven though, it’s not like she cooks for a living or anything.
Why would she, her kitchen was built by someone who doesn't want her to cook.

Hang on a minute.... Who helped her look around the houses? I have had an epiphany.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I seem to remember when someone came on here who knew the landlord that it was on a rolling month by month contract, and she was late with her rent. I can see no reason for either of these things to have changed
Maybe our Jackie gal got herself a guarantor?

Reactions: 22
I don’t want her to cook but I’m not guilty on the kitchen design that Jack did
I really looked for smeeee heeee in the gifs, without wanting to “completed it, mate” y’all. That’s tonight’s insomnia viewing sorted!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've been on an eleven-page catch-up so this is old now, but it made me laugh so I'm posting it anyway.

View attachment 984227

View attachment 984229
Grunking so I don't know if this has been said or where this is going to land, but the "this kitchen was designed by someone who doesn't cook and pathologically hates everyone who does" tweet was in response to a squiggle sending her a floorplan of their kitchen, not about Jack's kitchen

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I want to see the smol cardboard representations of her furniture she calculated the dimensions of and then laboriously crafted with her poor wizened arthritic hands. Wait... is this the daily Pythagoras application?! 💡
I wonder if she has little doll versions of her and SB that she uses to make up her STDH stories.

Jack doll: Here SB, I made you a sandwich with old kale and bread made in the air fryer
SB doll: thank you mamapapa. Nom nom. It’s the best ever. Mamapapa, why do people vote against their best interests?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Have to break it to you Jack, I’m as keen that there’s no subsidised piss ups as anyone but having hung out a few times in Strangers Bar back in the day, there IS a need for on-site bars and restaurants in the Houses - it’s called security? There are any number of visitors, constituents, researchers, assistants, admin as well as elected members and Lords hanging out there every day so there has to be food and drink. I don’t think it’s all that heavily subsidised when you consider it’s not a profit-making venture. Plus everyone in there has been vetted and gone through the airport-style scanner etc. You’d know Jack, as that happens when you go into No10 as well.
I also think you underestimate the amount of Uber/deliveroo/delivery services that would drop off a few bottles, some lunch and some snacks there to the staff.

🥕subsidised arseholery
The teachers at the school my mum works at (and daughter's just left) have a beer/wine fridge in the staff room for after school staff meetings.

Jack regularly falls back on the politicians having subsidised food and drink. Obviously, there'll be some level of wrongness going on, there always is with politicians, but it totally ignores the fact that a lot of large workplaces offer subsidised meals for staff. She makes out like it's only there.

I bet, even after her performative 'guinea pigs at polling stations' photo a few years ago, she doesn't actually vote.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Grunking so I don't know if this has been said or where this is going to land, but the "this kitchen was designed by someone who doesn't cook and pathologically hates everyone who does" tweet was in response to a squiggle sending her a floorplan of their kitchen, not about Jack's kitchen
Oh. Disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Good catch!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don’t know why, but when you mentioned “smol cardboard representations” and “Pythagoras”, I had to make one.

BADA4B2D-032A-471E-BE8F-442D947D96EA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
My draining board is on the right of my sink (bought from a recycling outlet, got my whole kitchen from there for a FRACTION
of the cost) but can't name for fear of 🔺
Please send help!

Jack Monroe has been an especially annoying little fucker today, so thanks lads for the bonhomie ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
My sink and the sinks of those close to me are all right draining. A left draining one wouldn’t send me into a spin though. My big brain would adapt.

Politics Jack gives me big student society politics vibes.
Actually just remembered my granny’s is left draining. Sorry for the lie! Can confirm it makes zero difference.

Jack has a gorgeous kitchen, she’s mithering about nothing. Count your blessings Jackie.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm left handed and the draining board is on the left in my rented flat. Truly did not appreciate how lucky I was until today. 🥰

Thanks for all the 🦉🍾 on my massive grunk, ninnies.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.