Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
marmite is devil jam

Is this her before kitchen clean or after? I'm confused. Also wallpaper in a RENTED home? Surely landlords don't mind fresh Maggy but wall paper. 😳

Omg! Sellotaping wallpaper. Thus is the hill I will die on. She is destroying that house.
Years ago in my 1st RENTED flat, I asked my landlord if I could paint my dark, windowless bathroom white rather than the drab magnolia. He said no, I did it anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
no need to justify the cost of ANYTHING in your house. you don't go on the beg for money for nothing; i'm sure if you're liable to pay tax then you do, and as such, the value of your coffee maker is of no business or concern of anyone on here.
Thanks, I know. But I feel more than a little hypocritical having such an extravagance and calling Jack out for wasting money. Though you are right, I may be on a pension, but do still pay tax on my income. I also pay full rent, as my works pension takes me just over the amount where I can claim HB.

I won't complain though, I'm lucky that my income is such that I can just about afford it. I don't have much disposable income, and most people would say I was poor.

What really gets to me though, is Jack intimating she is still poor (without actually saying so explicitly) and accepting money off strangers for doing nothing. She is actually obtaining money by deception.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Why is there a pair of shoes...are those the ones she danced wildly around the school kitchen tiles with Marcus in? How does one person have so many bookcases/baskets/stuff?!

She sure uses a lot of alcohol/AF in her cooking. Would ya not just leave it out altogether? I can count on one hand the amount of times I've added alcohol to food, but then again I'm not a chef

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
No but seriously she has 3 bedrooms upstairs why is she sleeping in the ~library~? Or does she mean she's put the shelves into her bedroom?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.