Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Title by @ChickenPorridge and @Boyo Nominated by many, too early! Naughty ninnies.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies. Please leave thread title nominations until the end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please and thank…you.

Happy New Year. 🍾

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

ecdb

So much to unpack here. She’s really, REALLY infuriated me.
remember last year when all I had to think about was the cheese calculator on my phone, and now I’m triggered to the hilt just knowing she’s breathing the same air as me.

as someone with a >20yr eating disorder, someone saying ‘it’s simple. Just don’t be sick after you eat’ doesn’t cut it. How fucking dare she suggest someone with a difficult relationship with alcohol simply ‘not drink’.
she needs to be deplatformed like Katie Hopkins. She’s a danger to people.
Edit: and who sits at AA meetings, laughing until their sides hurt? Who does that?

• Heart
  • Sad

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Leftover Larder returned! For a grand total of...er...two tweets. How odd, it's so unlike Jack to make a big song and dance promoting something then fail to follow it up. I just hope that poor squiggle managed to find a use for the leftover roasties languishing in her fridge since Christmas Day.

Jack posted her ludicrously complex recipe for something which was only later clarified as being an alleged cheese sauce, for "pasta, cooking chicken in, risottos, anything really." Well, I for one am inspired by that passionate pitch. Unfortunately I only have two Babybels, a handful of Dairylea triangles and a Cheestring, but I'm sure it'll work out OK. Cheese is cheese, innit.

She had a crack team of a dozen tech experts working round the clock to fix her Wordpress website. It's unclear as yet how successful they've been.

She's suffered "about six major life disasters" in the past 48 hours. Has she moved to Albert Square or Hollyoaks village over Christmas and not told anyone?

She seems to be alleging that someone from Tattle may have ransacked her garage to steal her granddad's old pans. Best lawyer up ladies (and gents).

• Haha
  • Heart

ohcomeon99

Chatty Member
I know I bang on about this every thread but she INFURIATES ME.
1. If you are an alcoholic Jack, why the FUCKING FUCK are you saying the one thing that you just don’t say “just don’t drink” fucking hell, as if no one has heard that before.
Craving waves last longer than that and telling someone to just “sit with It” is dangerous, it just loops, you actively need to call someone and do something else. Or you stay in the craving loop and it can go on for hours.
“allow yourself to be fully human” oh fuck off you complete cunt. That sort of bullshit platitude kept me drinking for years

she is DANGEROUS:messing with this Stuff kills people.

In terms of AA, firstly she is no where near clean enough to be giving it the big one with advice - shut up, listen, get solid recovery and then start suggesting which is what my excellent sponsor told me early days .

More importantly, the traditions of AA talk of “attraction rather than promotion.” This basically means live such a good life so that people want it as well. There is nothing worse than banging on most people with a problem will just run a mile.

MOST important. In terms of media, AA frowns on this unless worked with closely as basically, if someone public talks about how wonderful AA is and then relapses, it puts people off. People can also chat shit and spread false information based on their interpretation and ego.

Jack won’t get any of this because there is fuck all recovery there, she just doesn’t drink (allegedly) Recovery is completely different to sobriety.

Again; apologies for always banging on but she could legitimately kill someone. Such as, advising someone to “just not drink” is at best, counterproductive. At worst, kill them. Those who are alcohol dependent cannot just stop, they can have seizures and die. But yeah Jack, carry on with your suggestions and bollocks.

Attachments

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
She comes across as extremely uneducated re: AA. My mum was treasurer of Al Anon for many years- our family is rife with alcoholism and MH issues- so Idid my tour of duty as a teen reading everything I was given to explain why my father, older brother and grandma behaved the way they did. Jack is in very dangerous territory here and I can't believe she won't see how much damage she's doing. Sending love out to anyone affected by her BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

meowquiz

View attachment 955440
Is there such a thing as an "OCD specific antidepressant"? I know that some are recommended for its treatment more than others but that doesn't really seem like the same thing 🤷🏾‍♀️

EDIT: also what doctor would give sleeping pills to someone who has admitted to abusing prescription medication?
...she's "on sleepers", yet is up till 2-3am on twitter every night and as recently as (checks calendar) one day ago, was up from 2 to 7 in the morning dyeing her hair?

So she's either:

a) lieing about medication she's on
or b) wildly incorrectly taking prescribed medication

Neither of which are good.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

misshydrangea

I don’t know whether I should have ‘spoilered’ this so apologies in advance if I should have.
So many things are bothering me with the recent posts.
As an AA frau (at least in the past, not currently) I can confirm that my experience was far from doom and gloom. I did, on occasion, laugh out loud. I also found some wonderful support at a time I really needed a reminder that the world can be kind.
However. It wasn’t a weekly barrel of laughs (‘scuse the beer pun) and often people sharing their story would provoke a lot of pain.
I agree with some of the other ninnies that her description of what it’s about and her approach to recovery is way off the mark and possibly dangerous. Most people I’ve met via AA are extremely, extremely cautious about giving any type of advice on the matter. The only thing I’ve ever heard anyone say outside of the rooms is the importance of finding help and knowing that AA is always there. Full. Stop. The end. That’s all.
Taking to Twitter is, I feel, against their general code of conduct.

As for the MH and associated drugs. I (legitimately) have a list of co-morbid issues. SSRIs aren’t particularly specific. And there’s no fucking chance she’d be given sleeping pills for more than a week. Especially with the alcohol issues. It’s a fucking lie. Pure and simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
I have worked the steps and every now and then still check in with a meeting. I failed many times.
Lasting a week, sometimes a month, occasionally a couple of months. But I'd always end up finding an excuse to 'fall of the wagon'.
Then one of the 'old timers' at a meeting I was making a show of attending said to me, "Do you know why this is not working for you? You haven't hit rock bottom. It may be waking up in a gutter or next to someone you don't know. We all have our own rock bottom."
I smiled, nodded and moved on.
Got back drinking and carried on.
Then one morning, after a 'great' night out I woke up next to my wife who looked like she had been in a car accident.
She was purple.
When I asked her what in the name of Christ had happened she said, "You happened. You happened to me. You did this."
My father was a spiteful, violent, alcoholic and I despised that about him.
To this day I have no recollection of laying hands on her but I feel sick every time I think about the state I had made of her.
That was my rock bottom.
I went to a meeting that day and did it properly because I never wanted to see in my wife's eyes that same contempt I had felt for my Father.
This is why I rarely involve myself with the "AA Jack" chat.
Thank you for sharing this. How hard you have worked; how hard we continue to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Flash123

VIP Member
I’ve discovered Jack’s low paid job. She’s back at sainsbury’s packing my shopping. Just loving her substitutions because coriander is salad cress and ginger is garlic!
6B930E60-9E4D-4D9E-91BB-B4275AA93E1B.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I, like many people, know alcoholics, have lost people too young to alcohol and know people who have quit, been in AA religious or otherwise. The “group of drunks” in place of God has been low level winding me up the past hours. Not just because it’s derogatory, also you need to put faith in a “higher power” than yourself. The higher power is a group of themselves? Arrogant. Atheists I know were fine to believe in the “universe” or “Mother Earth” sorry, had to get that out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70