Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wierd isn't it. Why would burglars steal old Le Creuset pots? Doesn't make sense.
We were burglared years ago and I was slightly offended at what they obviously considered unstealable šŸ˜‚
And a well-meaning squigg has now tagged the police. I'd be shitting myself, because...well, I don't think the burglary happened. Ya know, wasting police time and all....
On a more positive note, I saw this and thought I'd share. 18 days t'wirly though xx

Screenshot_20211231-133930_Facebook.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Wouldn't the first thing you do after finding you have been burgled be to ring the police? The second would surely be to call your dad and ask for his help. I know her mum is unwell, but she has a dad and siblings old enough to help. After all, she was willing to break Covid rules to cut her brothers hair, but her family all seem to leave her floundering on her own...I wonder why?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I'd be interested to know how broad her definition of a "major life disaster" is if she's had SIX of them in 48 hours (not including the latest burglary), none of which apparently stopped her from dyeing her hair and doing her makeup.

No enjoyment here from me; I just hope she'd sorted contents insurance after the last time. And if she is indeed trying to imply that someone from here did it, well, she can get to absolute duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Wierd isn't it. Why would burglars steal old Le Creuset pots? Doesn't make sense.
We were burglared years ago and I was slightly offended at what they obviously considered unstealable šŸ˜‚
The only possible reason I can think of is that the old pots are cast iron, which could be sold for scrap. But I doubt anyone would go to those lengths for a few quid.

Six major life events in one day is impressive. To me, a major event is a death, divorce, move to a new city, getting married etc. I donā€™t think even NYE Eastenders will have that much going on.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Would not wish a burglary on anyone but why leave things of huge sentimental value in a place thatā€™s been broken into before?
sad end to no spend year , maybe next year will be no grift year
B16480FC-B5BF-446A-B507-1E08B82DAB5C.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I take no joy in her obvious misery but she never does anything to help herself which makes it hard to have any sympathy for her either.

Iā€™m not going to speculate on whether she was or wasnā€™t burgled for the second time in 3 months but surely even Jack cannot deny that after the first burglary there are things that she could have done to help if it happened again.

Contents insurance being the foremost one. My contents insurance is Ā£4.62 a month with a Ā£100 excess. I listed the things over a certain value and nothing else so itā€™s not like you have to do a massive stock take of everything you own.

She could stop posting pictures of her inside locks, contact her landlord and ask if they can be changed and she will front the cost

A ring doorbell type thing or security camera would be affordable for her, even if she claims otherwise. They may provide a bit of peace of mind for her.

Lastly and not a tip for security but when my gran was burgled (sp?) I remember her being very shaken up and not feeling safe in that house for a while. She wasnā€™t so fussed about the stuff they tookā€¦ funny that. Maybe cos she had insurance?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
My classification for major life disasters include:

house fire
death of a loved one
having a fox gnaw off my nose in my sleep
job loss
sudden unexpected serious illness
flood
car crash
being arrested
divorce when it is unwelcome

not self-inflicted tit haircuts, being questioned on Twitter, failing to pay my taxes, producing really tit cheese sauces that everyone laughs at. Maybe her landlord has served notice?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I rent, and as part of the tenancy agreement I have to have insurance in place. Hopefully Jackā€™s isnā€™t the same. And surely they should be using Grandadā€™s pots and pans for sentimental reasons instead of leaving them in a damp garage

Reactions: 41
And she's spent the last year taking money off vulnerable squigs to fund a drink and drug addiction. It's sickening. That's what I call robbery.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
hang on a minute, I am sure she has previously claimed her le cruset came from a charity shop, not her grandad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I can't remember who pointed out recently that quite a lot of what Jack posts isn't for us but for her immediate circle of friends, ex-friends and co-parents locally. This feels like one of those times - there has been a lot of suppressed fury about holiday arrangements over the last week I think? Also, definitely not taking pleasure in anyone's misfortunes but just a small sigh of relief that this has halted Jack's rebranding as the Matt Haig of makeup

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Hopefully she can pick up Grandadā€™s battered old Le Creuset at Southend Cash Converters soon.

(I mean, have you ever heard of a burglary where they are organised enough to have a vehicle and enter fearlessly and silently - presume the big lights wouldā€™ve been in the the house bungalow while she was farting around with hair dye too - and steal manky old heavy saucepans and incomprehensibly maliciously truffle though a box of clippings? Didnā€™t she also say she had security cameras around the time of the stalker/allegedly perv teacher? NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE!!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.