Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I expected the instructions for less confident cooks would have provided plain English, easy to follow instructions 🤷

Jack, I am an anti fan, true, but I'm happy to pass on a good tip. it's helpful to start with a title stating what your "recipe" hopes to achieve. This works for uni essays, too

• Haha
Reactions: 56
c) That cheese concoction is a monstrosity. She's supposed to be a cook! Teach people how to make a proper roux, you total whelk. Or, indeed, learn how to make one, because I'm doubting her ability to even do something as simple as that.

Butter + flour, then milk, then cheese. Takes 7 mins tops.
She can't cook bechamel, she can't spell it and she can't cook it. Nice of her to remind us of that fact so ... thoroughly though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Why does she still say calm down Twitter, when nobody on Twitter literally ever gives her flack? She's directly referencing a whole other site, she's that obsessed with tattle

"can't so much as breathe on here" as if, you'd block anyone who breathed your way on there. She has no idea how many hate followers she'll have, I'd love to see her tweet stats vs engagement.
Party til 4 when he’s not there, early night in with a cup of tea when he’s down to party. Makes sense..

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She can't cook bechamel, she can't spell it and she can't cook it. Nice of her to remind us of that fact so ... thoroughly though.
I can't get over the suggestion to add water.

Roux + milk, I understand; like you say, = bechamel.

Roux + stock or broth = velouté.

Roux + water = ??? Not a thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
duck me, she is in NO position to offer advice for people with swallowing difficulties. It's far more complex than 'purees' even though she is experienced at producing them, albeit accidentally.

Advice from people who are not qualified in this field can be actively dangerous.
The nutritional balance is vitally important I would think? Getting the food balances right is why nutritionists spend years training? 😏

Reactions: 31
i have read this twice over and i still don’t understand what this recipe is
Probably for the best! I think it's meant to be a cheese sauce. Why the need for fannying about with blenders and such is beyond me though. She makes things so needlessly complicated.

Reactions: 32
Oh you mean you cook it the way it's meant to be cooked? And explain it simply? More fool you, squig!

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 13.29.51.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
The nutritional balance is vitally important I would think? Getting the food balances right is why nutritionists spend years training? 😏
speaking of nutritionists, jack has gone very quiet on the whole uni thing. If she’s quit already i, for one, am shocked.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Her enduring inability with béchamel is your béchamel-noir.

I wonder how many of Jack’s many radios she will have on?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
PS still waiting on the opal fruits make up! I feel this will be my
Granola

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Her enduring inability with béchamel is your béchamel-noir.

I wonder how many of Jack’s many radios she will have on?
Béchamel noir for thread title! (Sorry)

I’m really confused about the recipe…. So for freezing food you cut up the chunks of cheese and cover with milk and water?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Minging- the flour needs to be properly cooked out. This is basic level stuff Jack, FFS get it together.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.