Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 949711
I’ve only just noticed she’s changed her profile pic again. Nothing new for a year and now twice in two days.
I have a theory that she absolutely hates her hair, hence all of the makeup and selfies and new clothing bits.

She wants people to compliment her because deep down she knows it has made her look a total pillock. If you can only feel good about your new barnet with trowelled on eyeshadow and Facetune.....it isn't a good haircut. The more selfies she posts the more convinced I am!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I have a theory that she absolutely hates her hair, hence all of the makeup and selfies and new clothing bits.

She wants people to compliment her because deep down she knows it has made her look a total pillock. If you can only feel good about your new barnet with trowelled on eyeshadow and Facetune.....it isn't a good haircut. The more selfies she posts the more convinced I am!
Oh my gosh, 100% agree!!! If you gotta change your wardrobe and make-up to try and make your new hairdo 'work', then it ain't the do for you!

It really is the texture of her hair that is making it look worse, at least in the T&G photo, it's softer. Jack has done more to it, and it looks awful. It was all a bit Baz Manilow, now I'm thinking more Rod Stewart!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Desperately trying to catch up for a few days. Why does her hair have so much texture, and her food so little??? It really jumps off the page at you; touching it would take you back in time to the school disco, slow dancing with a boy whose hair was absolutely crunchy with gel. Not a good look, ya prune!

I did a chaos recently, I was a contestant on a TV show here and after it was screened I went viral(!!!).I didn't actually watch it because I hadn't enjoyed the filming day, but suddenly videos of me were appearing on meme accounts, people were sending me links to Tiktok and Twitter threads about me, creepy men were trying to add me on Facebook etc etc. I was even on some news sites (in the tit news section though). It's been very surreal.

Now I got a lot of nice messages from people, but I'm 1000% sure that there were plenty of crappy comments made about me. No one directly sent me anything mean, though, so I just...didn't go looking. I didn't read any of the comments anywhere, unless someone tagged me, then I just hit like and left the page. I glanced at the first tweets/videos/whatever then didn't read the subsequent threads. I didn't scour all social media for comments about the show to start online arguments. I didn't do a Thread 31, basically.

And it was so, so easy. Because really, I don't give a tit what random people online think of me. I care about my friends, and they all had a laugh and loved the way I came across. But people I don't even know and am never going to meet? Nah. It made me think of Tattle, and Jack and all the others who obsessively read what's posted here, and TBH I pity them. It's a form of self-flagellation - why do it?

PS my friends who kept sending me links saying "oh my god look, you're on X account!" NEVER sent me any negative comments, like Jack claimed happened with Tattle back in the day. Because unlike Jack's friends, they a) are nice people, and b) exist.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 108

Do you think she'll have another chaos and shave it off?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.