Jack Monroe #230 Black-ish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf I only quoted what @Dogmuck had said, so credit there rather than here

Reactions: 20
i hope while jack is busy scampering around london on dinner dates and dying her wardrobe sludgy grey colours that SB is secretly disposing of each slow cooker one by one to ensure that his christmas dinner has some solid elements this year

I am actually still not over this

Reactions: 44
What is that next to the top Yorkshire pudding? Is it a piece of KFC chicken??

Reactions: 43
Those unpeeled carrots look dry. You can see the skin peeling away in disgust.

Reactions: 61
WTAF??!!!! State of those carrots - and the rest of it….well!

Reactions: 28
I honestly didn't realise Veganish was 100% vegan. I thought it was called 'ish' (nice connection to new thread title) because it included some dairy or whatever.
I'm not certain as I don't have it thankfully but I'm fairly sure in every single recipe she just says substitute anything for anything, thus making the recipe book entirely adaptable to vegan diet or otherwise

Reactions: 36
Posted about the Felicity Cloake column yesterday, glad to see Jack is keeping up here. Hi Jack, pay your taxes.

Reactions: 47
I'm not certain as I don't have it thankfully but I'm fairly sure in every single recipe she just says substitute anything for anything, thus making the recipe book entirely adaptable to vegan diet or otherwise
I bought it. I kept it just to look up anything that is required on here. It’s a really weird mix of recipes that are exactly the same as ones that have been around for years, massively over complicated things, really simple stuff that tastes of nothing, jackfruit everywhere (hence my user name) and stuff that just doesn’t work. I liked the carbonara recipe enough to actually make it twice but the portion size wouldn’t keep the kitten full.

Reactions: 47
I take it that the bread which was warming by the fire didn't work out, then?

Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.