Jack Monroe #222 Thank you is two words

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep repeating myself but it's worth repeating I think. Jack herself said she wanted to start up a crowdfunder for her own 'forever home' but LJC talked her out of it.
Ah yes, I’d forgotten that. Good to repeat that though!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Also, there are working class people in TV Jack you plum. Most of the time, because we are in the minority, we have to be GOOD at our jobs to get by.

There are plenty of poshos in jobs they shouldn't be in because Daddy helped (*cough* the fire service *cough*) but that's not the thing that's holding you back, let's be honest.
I have mentioned before that almost anyone can get a job with the right words on a CV but if they cannot produce what they claim well that will in fact go against them and if it's obvious they are feckless and unable and unwilling to better themselves well then it goes without saying they won't get picked for the good jobs or even offered future work in the pipeline and will be shown the door as quickly as they managers can do it without incriminating themselves.

In short I think it's her own fault, she has been at this game long enough to be able the produce a dish to the adequate level and work in the environment she had chosen to work in.

If she struggled with it she should have put more effort into lessons for TV appearances and practiced her cooking until it became second nature. Not just one and done or even.. Eureka! I have an idea...

Reactions: 22
She reminds me of people I know in the "art world"...They are billed as the next big thing, have a sellout show amidst a flurry of publicity then they assume that they are some kind of genius.

They start churning out substandard paintings thinking that their name alone is enough to flog them.

Then interest wanes, cos they've taken the piss out of their clients.

Jack thinks she's the Banksy/Picasso of the celeb cooking world ...
🙄 jack thinks she can cook!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've just seen the budino. She's got absolutely no idea about photography has she, let alone food? No understanding of composition, lighting, the golden ratio... nothing. I took a photography course at college years ago and there's so much science to photography. There's science to good food too come to think of it. Maybe Jack is just really, really bad at science?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I've just seen the budino. She's got absolutely no idea about photography has she, let alone food? No understanding of composition, lighting, the golden ratio... nothing. I took a photography course at college years ago and there's so much science to photography. There's science to good food too come to think of it. Maybe Jack is just really, really bad at science?
But she uses Pythagoras on a daily basis…

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Stacey Solomon, Rylan, Stacey Dooley, Anne Marie, all far too common to make it big in the media.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
The resentment in her is blindly obvious. Life doesn't come easy to her, ( like so many people) and because of that she resents that she has to work for it. When she moans about politicians she seems to skim over the actual policies they make but focuses on their perks, like expenses etc. It sounds like the policies annoy her but not as much as the fact they have it cushty whilst she( in her self entitlement) has to slop to Tesco's for her dinner. Regardless of the fact that despite what she claims she is just a regular person with a basic self employed job which sometimes throws her a bone and gives her a bit of attention. The politicians she so loathes have actually worked hard in school and university and worked to where they are and like in so many jobs of position work long hours and therefore get the perks.

It all boils down to her own envy. Shes jealous as hell, she wants to stick it to man not just to stand up for the Poor's because she hates the fact they have everything she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The resentment in her is blindly obvious. Life doesn't come easy to her, ( like so many people) and because of that she resents that she has to work for it. When she moans about politicians she seems to skim over the actual policies they make but focuses on their perks, like expenses etc. It sounds like the policies annoy her but not as much as the fact they have it cushty whilst she( in her self entitlement) has to slop to Tesco's for her dinner. Regardless of the fact that despite what she claims she is just a regular person with a basic self employed job which sometimes throws her a bone and gives her a bit of attention. The politicians she so loathes have actually worked hard in school and university and worked to where they are and like in so many jobs of position work long hours and therefore get the perks.

It all boils down to her own envy. Shes jealous as hell, she wants to stick it to man not just to stand up for the Poor's because she hates the fact they have everything she wants.
Her sense of entitlement is the size of a planet 🌎

• Heart
  • Haha
Stacey Solomon, Rylan, Stacey Dooley, Anne Marie, all far too common to make it big in the media.
Not to mention Towie! A whole show full of 'common Essex' types. The TV industry is actually trying to get less RP voices on it and more regional accents.

I find her voice incredibly grating, like a female version of Peston (political newsman for the non-uk Fraus). She could have improved her performance to be more TV friendly, but she didn't because she's the dog's bollocks in her own mind and it's everyone else who is wrong. All you'd need to do is look at her DKL stint to see how useless she is at presenting.

• Heart
Not to mention Towie! A whole show full of 'common Essex' types. The TV industry is actually trying to get less RP voices on it and more regional accents.

I find her voice incredibly grating, like a female version of Peston (political newsman for the non-uk Fraus). She could have improved her performance to be more TV friendly, but she didn't because she's the dog's bollocks in her own mind and it's everyone else who is wrong. All you'd need to do is look at her DKL stint to see how useless she is at presenting.
What makes it worse, she took a presenting course! No doubt, she knew it all already, tutor was useless, blah de blah

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What makes it worse, she took a presenting course! No doubt, she knew it all already, tutor was useless, blah de blah
I'm still in utter disbelief that she made out the nutrition course tutor asked her for help. She lives in cloud cuckoo land.

• Haha
I keep repeating myself but it's worth repeating I think. Jack herself said she wanted to start up a crowdfunder for her own 'forever home' but LJC talked her out of it.
I'm endlessly fascinated by the fact she ever thought this was a viable idea, let alone publicly sharing it. How would it have even worked?

Obviously getting the deposit together is the single biggest hurdle when getting a mortgage, but after that you've still got to keep up the monthly repayments for ~25 years. Was she hoping to raise enough to buy outright, or did she expect the squigs to all set up direct debits? (Having said that, that's basically what her Patreon is isn't it. But she seems to be spunking that on Halloween landfill tat, overpriced storage boxes and endless budinos, so whofuckingknows.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I've just been watching Nadiya's fast flavours on BBC 2. She is everything Jack wishes she could be. A talented cook, charming engaging and someone who actually makes me want to try out the recipes she features. Jack could and should take notes.

Reactions: 26
I actually think her accent sounds really posh compared to what I hear on a daily basis living outside of South East England!

I watched a quiz show on iPlayer the other day hosted by Alex Scott the ex ladies football player. A black woman who grew up in Tower Hamlets who has been berated for her "corse" accent. We are by no means perfect with representation (aside from Alex Jones and Rob Brydon I can't think of any welsh accent presentors on the main tv channels) but steps are being taken. However they need to be filled with people like Alex Scott and other underrepresented regionalities and ethnicities. Not another white middle class girl from down south with a few tattoos she thinks are edgy.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm still in utter disbelief that she made out the nutrition course tutor asked her for help. She lives in cloud cuckoo land.
I don't think the tutor was aware of her body of work. The not knowing the fat content of mince( even though it's written on a packet) also screams this. If she knew nutrition she would know the cheaper mince normally has a higher fat content. The same as sausages and that's without getting into the nitty gritty of actually breaking down the foods and using various tests on them to look for the nutritional content.

As a person who has studied nutrition she has along way to go before she can even be confident enough to say she could help anyone. I still wouldn't be brazen enough to suggest I know alot. I know enough for me but could always learn more.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I actually think her accent sounds really posh compared to what I hear on a daily basis living outside of South East England!

I watched a quiz show on iPlayer the other day hosted by Alex Scott the ex ladies football player. A black woman who grew up in Tower Hamlets who has been berated for her "corse" accent. We are by no means perfect with representation (aside from Alex Jones and Rob Brydon I can't think of any welsh accent presentors on the main tv channels) but steps are being taken. However they need to be filled with people like Alex Scott and other underrepresented regionalities and ethnicities. Not another white middle class girl from down south with a few tattoos she thinks are edgy.
Joanna Page was on the last series of Shop Well for Less.

Reactions: 11
I don't think the tutor was aware of her body of work. The not knowing the fat content of mince( even though it's written on a packet) also screams this. If she knew nutrition she would know the cheaper mince normally has a higher fat content. The same as sausages and that's without getting into the nitty gritty of actually breaking down the foods and using various tests on them to look for the nutritional content.

As a person who has studied nutrition she has along way to go before she can even be confident enough to say she could help anyone. I still wouldn't be brazen enough to suggest I know alot. I know enough for me but could always learn more.
It's dangerous too when she says things are diabetic friendly when they're not, as she doesn't understand sugars either!

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.